Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Ford goes too far

Apparently Ford has asked this club to stop producing its calender which shows members Mustangs. Seems that Ford Motor Company claim that THEY own all rights to the photos YOU take of YOUR car.

http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42402&page=53

http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?t=42681
Old 01-14-2008, 03:16 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Wow thats funny!

Ford can kiss my a$$!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 01-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

Ford sucks anyways......srry guys but its MY opinion......
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
that wasnt exactly a good first post....

but im flattered my tool box turns you on
Old 01-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Do you hear that sound? That is the sound of a ball dropping.

Nice one Ford. 1st you release the new F150 that looks like a retarded inbred cousin of the current GMC Sierra, and now this.

It's like Ford is in a foot race with Chrysler/Cerebus into who will fail 1st.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-14-2008 at 05:22 PM..
Old 01-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Do you hear that sound? That is the sound of a ball dropping.

Nice one Ford. 1st you release the new F150 that looks like a retarded inbred cousin of the current GMC Sierra, and now this.
LMAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
that wasnt exactly a good first post....

but im flattered my tool box turns you on
Old 01-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Cloud 9

Trader Rating: (8)

What do you expect? Ford just needs to be put out of business for good.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabari View Post
What do you expect? Ford just needs to be put out of business for good.
Well you know how biased I am, and I don't even want that. FoMoCo needs to stop repeating the 70s/80s/90s.

The Mustang is good, but could be phenomenal with IRS, decent handling, and more engine-derived power. Does anyone remember how BLOODY fast the Cobra R was? IRS and all motor. And less "Special Editions" to try and strangle out a few more sales.

The F150, styling is subjective, but they better bring it mechanically. But to me, it's a retarded cousin of the Sierra; grille too tall, with the Ford Edge-style lights too low, with a tiny bumper. Odd and over boxed styling too. But can't wait to see what's better under the hood. Bigger then 5.4L please...

Their FWD Sedans leave so much to be desired. I recently drove a 500 (rental), just sounded like it was falling apart when you started it. Interior looked nice, but materials were lacking a bit. Then to compensate for the poor 500 sales, they rename it Taurus in hopes that the memories of the rental car-tastic Taurus will bump sales. But no plans for a kick *** SHO? An economical, but quick/fun car? Nope.

Then their problems with Navistar and the truck's diesel engines. The Navistar engines were crap-tastic too. When we were riding a F350 tow truck (GMC's master cylinder left us in traffic), the driver said "165 thousand miles and this is it's 1st tow truck? Try this, 56 thousand and on it's 3rd engine".

Nobody knows what to do with Mercury.

Lincoln is getting left in the dust by Cadillac.

2 years ago, GM, FoMoCo and DCX were all in the same sinking boat. GM is making the right moves, kickin' *** and taking names. Now what's FoMoCo's and Chrysler/Cerebus deal?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-14-2008 at 06:37 PM..
Old 01-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

Thats the stupidest thing i have heard of i own all the rights to my car

Old 01-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraboi97 View Post
Thats the stupidest thing i have heard of i own all the rights to my car
Quote:
' I agree that Ford has gone too far: perhaps someone should remind FMC about a 'lil thing called the Berne Convention Implementation Act of 1988 ?

According to International Law (which overrules US law): the owners of the Mustangs, and/or the photographers own ANY AND ALL rights to photos of their cars... and can do with them as they **** well please.

a selected highlight from BCIA 1988 ... (emphasis mine)
§ 101 Definitions
As used in this title, the following terms and their variant forms mean the following:
''Pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works'' include two-dimensional and three-dimensional works of fine, graphic, and applied art, photographs, prints and art reproductions, maps, globes, charts, [technical drawings, diagrams, and models] diagrams, models, and technical drawings, including architectural plans. Such works shall include works of artistic craftsmanship insofar as their form but not their mechanical or utilitarian aspects are concerned; the design of a useful article, as defined in this section, shall be considered a pictorial, graphic, or sculptural work only if, and only to the extent that, such design incorporates pictorial, graphic, or sculptural features that can be identified separately from, and are capable of existing independently of, the utilitarian aspects of the article." '
http://www.bmcforums.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=33

Apparently, Ford went and attacked the company that produces the Calender and such for this club. As a result, the Calender was shut down. Even though the photos are owned by the members, and the club's logo has previously been approved by Ford.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to guitarboy911

o jeez...so lets play a game

-Im Ford. "Hey we have loyal Mustang buyers taking pictures of the cars they love made by us! They are helping are company out! Lets Get em!"
Old 01-14-2008, 08:03 PM

Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to 123Vette Send a message via Yahoo to 123Vette

well fords retarded whatd you expect?
Old 01-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

"All your mustang are belong to us!"

So, I can get sued becuase I took a picture of my female friend sitting in my uncles Ford van? That's bull.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 01-14-2008, 08:30 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Links don't work for me. Still, you are saying they could steal a picture of my dad's mustang and put it in a calendar without his permission?? BS.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
"All your mustang are belong to us!"

So, I can get sued becuase I took a picture of my female friend sitting in my uncles Ford van? That's bull.
If you publish it for any reason.

Godbajeezus, this means I have to take down the '67 M****** C***** I have on deviant art.

Don't take me down FoMoCo!

Notice that the site has [CENSORED] and have pictures blurred over anything to do with the Mustang.

Quote:
Links don't work for me. Still, you are saying they could steal a picture of my dad's mustang and put it in a calendar without his permission?? BS
Not that, YOU can't publish YOUR pictures for certain reasons, main one being profits. Now, if FoMoCo stole your pictures, that steps into your intellectual rights or something...

Just do what I do, register all the photos you give a **** about with a Creative Commons License. I've already used it to shut down 3 people who were stealing pictures of my dA. Including our friend, Speed3336

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-14-2008 at 08:34 PM..
Old 01-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarboy911 View Post
o jeez...so lets play a game

-Im Ford. "Hey we have loyal Mustang buyers taking pictures of the cars they love made by us! They are helping are company out! Lets Get em!"
That's what I was thinking. Its like free advertising for Ford. But then again...it is Ford we're talking about, no wonder they're sinking as a company. Bunch of retards...
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

all they need is someone who has a decent taste for cars anf someone who dont give a s*** who likes the conpany and doesnt think they need to win buyers over with chrome and fugly lights then theyll be set
Old 01-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Stage 2 member

I may be missing something, but reading through that long thread, I think Ford's beef is with the Cafepress that the club is using to print the calenders, since they are printing pictures of Mustangs and Ford logo's and making a profit without obtaining the right from Ford to do so.

Doesn't appear that Ford is against the owners of the cars.

For the record, I think Porsche did almost the exact same thing years ago.

Current Project:
Ford F-350 Supercab Dually + custom trailer.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:28 PM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

wow.....i could understand if the pics bein used were pics that ford actually took...but they didnt take them. the ppl who bought all those cobras, GT500s, and GTs took those pics. reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllllly bad mistake (yet idiotic) that ford is doin. and btw texan i like the new F-150s stlyin (even tho i am tired of seen that same **** headlight design) but the 04-08 body style they cant beat. and sorry texan but that 5.4 is gonna be under the hood 4 1 more year or 2....then the boss and hurricane engines come

Old 01-14-2008, 09:38 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by a****84 View Post
I may be missing something, but reading through that long thread, I think Ford's beef is with the Cafepress that the club is using to print the calenders, since they are printing pictures of Mustangs and Ford logo's and making a profit without obtaining the right from Ford to do so.

Doesn't appear that Ford is against the owners of the cars.

For the record, I think Porsche did almost the exact same thing years ago.
Ford has a running track record with things like this. They forced a site called ford-diesels.com to change the names.

They are attacking Cafepress over things specifically like the BMC's calender. Pictures of Ford owners cars being sold, even though the pictures are not in any real way owned by Ford. If so, Ford should sue the hell out of me for publishing pictures of Fords.

Porsche is very strict about who can allow for publishing of THEIR photos, EX: Desktops. That is mainly what Porsche had gone after was desktop sites distributing Porsche's pictures, or folks who were using the Porsche pictures in their own work. Porsche is very strict about who can use their products.. hence why EA is the only company that has Porsches in their games pretty much... But are they telling their customer that they can't publish pictures of their cars like FoMoCo?

Ford should try making better cars rather then bothering folks with calenders. They know who their effecting by enforcing that with Cafepress issue...

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-14-2008 at 09:44 PM..
Old 01-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Ford has a running track record with things like this. They forced a site called ford-diesels.com to change the names.

They are attacking Cafepress over things specifically like the BMC's calender. Pictures of Ford owners cars being sold, even though the pictures are not in any real way owned by Ford. If so, Ford should sue the hell out of me for publishing pictures of Fords.

Porsche is very strict about who can allow for publishing of THEIR photos, EX: Desktops. That is mainly what Porsche had gone after was desktop sites distributing Porsche's pictures, or folks who were using the Porsche pictures in their own work. Porsche is very strict about who can use their products.. hence why EA is the only company that has Porsches in their games pretty much... But are they telling their customer that they can't publish pictures of their cars like FoMoCo?

Ford should try making better cars rather then bothering folks with calenders. They know who their effecting by enforcing that with Cafepress issue...
I'm still with Ford on this one, cafepress is using their name, logos and cars without permission to get a profit. Thats copyright infringement, piracy, whatever you want to call it, it's illegal.

Some companys strictly enforce it, (Ford, Porsche, Disney, etc.), some don't.

They are not attacking their customers, they are attacking cafepress.

Current Project:
Ford F-350 Supercab Dually + custom trailer.