Go Back   XmodSource.com > Competitions > XMS Competitions > XMS Competition Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who will win the December COTM?
123Vette 1 1.25%
FieldFairy2 1 1.25%
xmodzracer 1 1.25%
youngxmodder 1 1.25%
TheB1GDude 6 7.50%
crawling duckies 0 0%
SPR 18 22.50%
merc3des 7 8.75%
lupinechaos 1 1.25%
TripleXmodder(akaXXX) 5 6.25%
kendallcschm 0 0%
zippo885 0 0%
Suicide_Star 6 7.50%
firebird999 0 0%
XMDrifter 2 2.50%
blue504life 2 2.50%
c1v1c 4 5.00%
Camaro98 6 7.50%
Lancer_Man 14 17.50%
taiwanesekid05 1 1.25%
xmodkidd33 3 3.75%
Blackdragon 0 0%
FloydfanYodaman 0 0%
snowboi1289 0 0%
4G36punk 1 1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2009, 03:47 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleXmodder(akaXXX) View Post
Wow, I figured to get some votes with such a custom car. HHmmm. Oh well, I voted for the SpiderMan Mobile. Congrats to the winner, I'm in Disneyland, and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

its not always about having hte most custom car. Its the originality, and how much it appeals to everyone. you have a TON of money wrapped into yours, theres no question about that. But there is some seriously tuff competetion this COTM, and more cars than yours with probably more time and effort put into them. Dont take it personally your not getting any votes.. its a hard comp this month... but i agree with you to a point, that i do find it complete BS you dont have one single vote... that seems odd to me, before it started i thought u would do quite well. but then again, i thought suicide and his saleen was going to run away with this competition... shows how much i know lol.

Im not trashing your car in anyway... but it just doesnt rate on my list. it doesnt appeal to me. i dont like the whole lexan body thing, i feel it ruins the xmod touch. maybe others do as well... just seomthing ot think about. it takes more than just money on aluminum parts and electronics.

and i couldnt take it any more. i cast my vote. B1G's car is amazing, the paint scheme, the stickers, the body, the uniqueness. Beautiful car. He got my vote!

Last edited by SPR; 01-02-2009 at 03:59 AM..
Old 01-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR
its not always about having hte most custom car. Its the originality, and how much it appeals to everyone. you have a TON of money wrapped into yours, theres no question about that. But there is some seriously tuff competetion this COTM, and more cars than yours with probably more time and effort put into them. Dont take it personally your not getting any votes.. its a hard comp this month... but i agree with you to a point, that i do find it complete BS you dont have one single vote... that seems odd to me, before it started i thought u would do quite well. but then again, i thought suicide and his saleen was going to run away with this competition... shows how much i know lol.

Im not trashing your car in anyway... but it just doesnt rate on my list. it doesnt appeal to me. i dont like the whole lexan body thing, i feel it ruins the xmod touch. maybe others do as well... just seomthing ot think about. it takes more than just money on aluminum parts and electronics.
i agree with spr here i thought that SS car would win the whole comp but i think it looks like people are voting on the least modded cars with stock chassis, and things of that nature i don't really care if i win i just want some votes in the 1st cotm i ever entered in ( yes i know you are probably thinking what?!?!) if i get a few votes its fine with me just shows me that my work actually satisfies them. well good luck to everyone in the comp.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:10 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

TripleXmodder(akaXXX) I voted for you, because you by far have the most modded chassis and body. Well, not really the body, but the chassis is pretty nice.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:34 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngxmodder View Post
i agree with spr here i thought that SS car would win the whole comp but i think it looks like people are voting on the least modded cars with stock chassis, and things of that nature i don't really care if i win i just want some votes in the 1st cotm i ever entered in ( yes i know you are probably thinking what?!?!) if i get a few votes its fine with me just shows me that my work actually satisfies them. well good luck to everyone in the comp.
i don't throw my car in to win, i put it in there to get other people off their *****
Old 01-02-2009, 08:36 AM

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to hondahead95 Send a message via MSN to hondahead95 Send a message via Skype™ to hondahead95

xmodkidd33.
I love the car. Subarus are awesome And It's extremely well put together.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Elite member

SPR, nice skyline! got my vote!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

Suicide has my vote.....SPR did a great job also!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
that wasnt exactly a good first post....

but im flattered my tool box turns you on
Old 01-02-2009, 02:14 PM
XMS Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Hard decision but i picked spr looks good and clean
Old 01-02-2009, 02:40 PM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

why is everyone voting for SPR.. i liked Camaro98's christine best.. it got my vote.. flawless body... unique.. decent mods... i like it :-) everyone except me did an awesome job... i knew i needed body paint and to remove the corny stickers

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 01-02-2009, 02:44 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

i would've nulled, but i just love saleens, so, although it hurts my chances of winning, i voted blue504life.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:48 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
why is everyone voting for SPR.. i liked Camaro98's christine best.. it got my vote.. flawless body... unique.. decent mods... i like it :-) everyone except me did an awesome job... i knew i needed body paint and to remove the corny stickers

its the TIG welded drive shaft
No one else has one! NO ONE!
Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

i went with SPR..i just love the body and how it just hides so much chassis. it looks like a xmod body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 01-02-2009, 08:03 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

well everyone did amazing projects which made it pretty hard to choose, so i let my wife(aka the ol lady) decide so she chose Camaro 98 but she is a bit biased being named christine and all...great job...to everyone

Team X.I.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:26 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
its not always about having hte most custom car. Its the originality, and how much it appeals to everyone. you have a TON of money wrapped into yours, theres no question about that. But there is some seriously tuff competetion this COTM, and more cars than yours with probably more time and effort put into them.

it takes more than just money on aluminum parts and electronics.
Read that again.. I Don't take any of this personally, and It doesn't matter to me to win, and there are some GREAT cars in this comp. "It's the originality" hmmm mines not original. Also to say that there are more cars that have more time into it then mine is crazy (Not that no one put alot of time in theirs) And I take offense to say that my car is just aluminum upgrades and electronics, and that the body had no time in it. There is months in this car.

I am responding to that post only because I DID take some offense in it. Otherwise I was very content about not getting votes. I thought the comp this month was CUSTOM car, not body on stock chassis or vise versa. Congrats to the winner.

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 01-02-2009, 09:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to mhavrilla88

Between lancerman and zippo....lancerman got my vote, love the paint job.
Barricade
Civic (2)
350z
Old 01-02-2009, 10:03 PM
is here

Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

It was a very very tough decision(I said very 2 times I know) but I had to vote B1G because his car is just awesome! Beautiful looking. My next vote would be SPR then Lancer Man.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:14 AM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

I'd have to say that the best body and the most work should win, personal preferences aside. Chassis, unless you scratch build one, take no more than a few hours tops be it FET upgrade or something else. I hardly consider swapping parts work. Also, if you don't do any body work, then all your work on the guts is hidden under a crappy stock body which ruins the overall appeal.

IMO these competitions should have at least one rule that say, 60% of the overall car (chassis and body) must be modded in some way that is not easily replicable nor uses stock parts. Then we'll see crazier body work or chassis hacking that defenetly takes alot of time.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:36 AM
Honda Enthusiast

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to S2k Racer Send a message via Skype™ to S2k Racer

It's an "Open Class"

My Buy/Sell/Trade Thread!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:12 AM
the torqueinator

Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

well some people don't have the money to invest in the electrical parts... im going to make that new '65 mustang of mine a REAL drag car.. it will be awesome.. and im going to enter it into the muscle car COTM if they have it...

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 01-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2k Racer View Post
It's an "Open Class"
Yea, so there's no theme to adhere to, but it doesn't mean you shouldnt bust a nut on whatever you do.