Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2007, 12:20 AM

Trader Rating: (0)
Unhappy xmod or miniz

personally idk how old you guys/girls are but im 14 and to old for toys so im looking for a real tunner experience i wanted to know which rc cars delivers the best experienc like bodies and parts thanks
Old 02-21-2007, 12:25 AM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

go 4 both and see which one u like best

Last edited by SUPERSHELBY; 02-21-2007 at 12:29 AM..
Old 02-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

yeah its pretty much up to what u prefer, looks, performance etc.

aka DJ KraZe
Old 02-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Stage 2 member

mini z is a better and faster rc but xmod you can customize your car more like with diforent body kits. mini z and xmod have about the same amount of parts you can upgrade. but if you are going for more power mini z all the way.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:52 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

mini z's are faster out of the box, however way more expensive ("you have to pay to play") when compared to Xmods. It is easier to get ahold of XMod parts if you are not buying offline, for me it is the net or driving about an hour to the only hobby shop i know of that has any mini z parts. There is a lot more body choices in the Mini Z line. Xmods are without a doubt, on there way out of Radio Shack, possably forever (out of production for sure); with mini z's, you dont have to worry about rushing to buy an upgrade because you fear it may be discontinued tommorow. You have the choice of upgrading body components on the Xmod line and you also get a chance to add underglow and headlights as well. I also think that the Xmods are more "mainstream", compared to Mini Z's which are not out there and advertised a lot and not available at franchised stores. Well this is all I can think of right now, I hope this helps in your decision in some way
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 02-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (-1)

i have NEVER seen xmod or xmod patrs avail at a franchise store, HOW EVER i have seen mini-z's at wal-mart, sure mini-'z are faster out of the box they have less body = less weight also LESS SIZE, thats why rs will not cut xmods completely especialy since they came out with 2 new models(and that doesnt mean NEW CHASSIS).......mini-z's have no market here in edmonton Ive seen stacks of them piled high going no where, meanwhile the xmods slowly but surely dissapear being sold to someone else and not me

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/5631/good2th0.th.jpg
1 evo infiniti, awd, metal bearings, drift kit

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2669/good3ov4.th.jpg
1 gen1 Skyline, stage 2, awd, infiniti stock wheels.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:20 AM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by solcat View Post
i have NEVER seen xmod or xmod patrs avail at a franchise store, HOW EVER i have seen mini-z's at wal-mart, sure mini-'z are faster out of the box they have less body = less weight also LESS SIZE, thats why rs will not cut xmods completely especialy since they came out with 2 new models(and that doesnt mean NEW CHASSIS).......mini-z's have no market here in edmonton Ive seen stacks of them piled high going no where, meanwhile the xmods slowly but surely dissapear being sold to someone else and not me
mini-z's at wal-mart?!? are u sure?

Last edited by SUPERSHELBY; 02-21-2007 at 01:25 AM..
Old 02-21-2007, 01:35 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
wow, I do believe Radio Shack is a franchise, are they not every where in the U.S., I think most every town has at least one, therefore they are pretty much everywhere. Now, Wal-Mart may carry everything under the sun, but unfortunately, they DO NOT CARRY THE MINI Z there, sorry to rain on your parade. They do however make a knock off version of the Xmod called "Street Blazers". You may be getting the two confused, which I hope is not happening because Street Blazers are nothing compared to the Xmods, there is a huge difference between the two (like comparing Aldi's to Harris Teeter in this case, you should get what Im saying here...lol)

Mini Z's at Wal-Mart, no chance in hell, sorry
My XMODS

Last edited by DRFTKO; 02-21-2007 at 01:38 AM..
Old 02-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFTKO View Post
...Street Blazers are nothing compared to the Xmods, there is a huge difference between the two (like comparing Aldi's to Harris Teeter in this case, you should get what Im saying here...lol)

Mini Z's at Wal-Mart, no chance in hell, sorry
what is a harris teeter or an aldi's?!? Are they restaurants???

Oh, and to all the franchise talk... Yes, radio shack does offer a franchise option from what I know about it (or think I know). I believe you can purchase franchising rights to open a RS store in your area.

A franchise is "Authorization granted to someone to sell or distribute a company's goods or services in a certain area" accordingto the dictionary. This means you can ask the company to let you open a radio shack in your town. You sell their stuff, follow their marketing rules, give them a cut of the profits, and then you have your own business.

Now, I think what he was TRYING to say was that you can't find xmod stuff in a variety of different retail businesses, like best buy, walmart, kmart, etc... You can ONLY find them in radio shack locations.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Xmods are for extreme and custom mods...

Mini-Z is everything else. They are better in EVERY aspect, ever, ever. They are faster, better handling, more part enough parts (more than xmods), there is a large comunity (MZR, GSR, R7R, Atomic, ect), And are far superiour...

You can also race a Mini-Z. They are far more precise, hobby grade, good radio, much more tunable. More body options, and so on...

And, btw, in the "Hobby Grade" world, the last 10% of performance is equal to 90% of the price. That's why they can charge $150, and get it, becuase there is nothing better. It's the same with the Kyosho buggies...
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 02-21-2007, 07:58 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
what is a harris teeter or an aldi's?!? Are they restaurants???

Oh, and to all the franchise talk... Yes, radio shack does offer a franchise option from what I know about it (or think I know). I believe you can purchase franchising rights to open a RS store in your area.

A franchise is "Authorization granted to someone to sell or distribute a company's goods or services in a certain area" accordingto the dictionary. This means you can ask the company to let you open a radio shack in your town. You sell their stuff, follow their marketing rules, give them a cut of the profits, and then you have your own business.

Now, I think what he was TRYING to say was that you can't find xmod stuff in a variety of different retail businesses, like best buy, walmart, kmart, etc... You can ONLY find them in radio shack locations.
sorry to get everyone confused, I should have just said that Xmods are a Radio Shack exclusive and left it at that. Harris Teeters and Aldi's are two different types of grocery stores. Sorry to get everyone confused

by the way, you guys do have Harris Teeters and Aldi's right? I would think you would at least have Harris Teeter?
My XMODS

Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

We have Publix and a few Win Dixies, and there might be one or two Albertson's here in South Florida; Tampa area sees alot of Publix, Winn Dixie, and Albertson's. I don't remember if there was more up there though....
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 02-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Elite member

Quote:
HOW EVER i have seen mini-z's at wal-mart - Ive seen stacks of them piled high going no where
walmart has miniz's? i dont think so..

stacks of them, in edmonton? tell where you found these please.. the only place that has anything to do with miniz's is hobby lobby on 75st, and they dont carry them anymore (havnt for a coiple years), theyre just ridding of their leftover stock which consists of a couple motors, a few suspension parts and thats it..

i know, ive searched in vain at every single place that would possibly carry them..