Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default not impressed with stage 2 motor

hi, me and one friend purchase the stage 2 street motor upgrade , we tried all the gear settings and only the top speed gear setting seem to be just a little fast barely even noticeable then take off is not to good at all and if we put the even acc and speed gearing its slower if not the same speed as stock motor and its acc stinks.... then i tried the top speed gears on the stock motor and it made it all around slower i couldnt even keep up with my friends that are stock besides AWD....
does anyone else seem to have this problem? we are so unimpressed we went back to stock motor and gearing

is the atomic stock evolution R motor any good, its that blue one i think thats its name
Old 03-16-2010, 11:56 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Running the top speed gearing will decrease your torque / acceleration so the car will take a split second longer to pull away however the top speed gearing will gain you a few MPH and I seem to remember it as being quite noticeable.

Are you sure all the gears meshed correctly? You had the correct cradle and gears for whatever set you wanted to run?

For the money the Atomic Stock-R is definitely a better overall motor plus its FET safe, if you want to see some real performance then you will have to look into some major upgrades...

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 03-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Stage 1 member

hmm well ill givt it another try today, but my buddy and i didnt notice really any speed increase, oh and we noticed that the stock gearing and motor had more torque than the stage 2 with even the higest torque gear..... maybe it the motors, who kno how long they were in the RS for they were 7 bucks ea.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

break the motor in
if you have just opend the package and droped it in your car then its not running at its full potential
connect it to 1 x aaa cell add a SMALL amount of comm drops and let it run till the battery dies
i run a stage 2 in my racer and it smokes

XMS and XMF february COTM winner
Old 03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper View Post
break the motor in
if you have just opend the package and droped it in your car then its not running at its full potential
connect it to 1 x aaa cell add a SMALL amount of comm drops and let it run till the battery dies
i run a stage 2 in my racer and it smokes
ah yea i completely forgot the motor need to break in just like my old model sized slot cars. what exaxtly do you mean comm drops, do you mean a lubricated oil if so i have some oil from my old slot cars i use to use

and to brake it in with 1AAA , wut should i just electric tape the motor leads to the positive and neg side of the batt

thanks for ur help i hope this motor can be working at its full potential
Old 03-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

Comm drops are special lubrication drops that go onto the commutator, they improve efficiency and allow your brushes to have a better contact with the comm and conductivity, in turn giving off more power, but I have heard rumors of people saying it gives a good boost but unless re-lubed every run it will start to slow your motor down, but they are just rumors...
Old 03-17-2010, 12:39 AM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingISdrifting View Post
but I have heard rumors of people saying it gives a good boost but unless re-lubed every run it will start to slow your motor down, but they are just rumors...
how this can be harmful is if you put too much on, or dont clean it on a regular basis, you can cause the armature to gum up, or collect dust and dirt on it.

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 03-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippo855 View Post
how this can be harmful is if you put too much on, or dont clean it on a regular basis, you can cause the armature to gum up, or collect dust and dirt on it.
Thanks so much. I was just looking in this thread and you just accidently autopsied my 1st stage 2 motor.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Stage 1 member

do i have to use comm drops to break it motor, because i would have to order it online and i dont wanna wait a week to use this motor if i dont have to, is there some household product that i can use i kno it wont be as good ?

thanks everyone this site has been a great help
Old 03-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Stage 1 member

i did the break in the a AAA batt it does seem to go a lil faster now but man that stage 2 motor sucks down batt quick, my batt life is cut in half now it this normal
Old 03-19-2010, 05:06 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Something that i do, after a motor is broke in is to take a stage 1 motor & put the higest gearing on it 12-25 & then that sucker flies. lol
I just think the stage one motor with a higher gearing works better than a Stage 2 motor with higher gearing. But thats just me.

TEAM XI
Old 06-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Banned

i was looking on e-bay and i seen for a evo a motor upgrade and then there was a stage 2 upgrade same 30,000 rpm motor just 2 diffrent color packages are these the same.. and what other mods are you all runing with this motor i have 1000 mah AAA and battery tray wire upgrades and motor wire upgrades and a six cell upgrade i think the motor might be faster setup like that.. but i am not sure.. any in put on this
Old 06-08-2010, 02:58 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

Yeah... Please do not bump old threads... Considering you are a new member, please take the time to read the rules.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Tacoma on M/T's????

Hread is almost three months old read the rules