Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 05:19 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Looks like they appear to both be sold out. Looks like I will just make one if I cannot find a replacement. Any type of wire will do?
Well what I use is either 18 guage speaker wire or 16 guage speaker wire.

TEAM XI
Old 06-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to xmodsNSX94

then if the wire is not solid enough you can wrap it in some clear plastic tubing or ive heard a straw works too
NoiseControllers
Headhunterz
Old 06-04-2010, 05:13 PM
What you talkin' bout?

Trader Rating: (0)
Exclamation

Quote:
New member here! Hello to all!! Well, to start, I have always wanted something like this but just never thought about spending the money. Anyway, I go to a Toy Sale every few months and found the Toyota Supra XMODs Custom RC for a shiny quarter. The main reason I picked it up was that it had 4 nickel metal hydride batteries. That alone was worth the price. Well, when I got it home I noticed right away that the size of the motor was very large for the size of the car.

So I have a few questions:
What frequency does this RC use? I am fairly sure it is 27.195 for the remote but I am not 100% sure.

Where do I get another remote? (I have seen them on Ebay for $16 shipped)

How fast do these cars go?

Thank you for any help

Well those Gen 1s are, fairly fast, even though some of the newest ones are quicker, the Gen 1s are definetely sturdy. Ive had alot of problems with mine especially on frequencys. If you get a new controller for it, it shouldnt really matter for frequencies, because of the interchangeable crystals on the controllers for that model. The newest Gen.s (Street series) dont have the changeable crystals, and i dont know about the Evolution series controllers, just mainly because i cant remember.. lol
PSN: lightbl0ckade

Proud to own xmods!!
Old 06-04-2010, 05:46 PM
Tacoma on M/T's????

Trader Rating: (0)

evo contollers are same as gen 1's to think i threw my gen 1 in the trash and said " ill never use it again its kid stuff" 2 weeks later im all over ebay looking for 1 lol Y did i throw it away
Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 PM

A big thank you goes out to bnR34 for all of his help!!

ANd thanks to the rest of you for all of the ideas. I was able to get a controller and antenna from bnR34. The car works like a charm. My cats are very interested in it and the dog is terrified. It's perfect. Even seems to work on carpet although I don't think that's a good idea.

Few more questions though. The motor seems to slide from back to front, especially when I hit something which I am very good at. When it does this that gearing slips until I slide the motor back into place. Is the motor supposed to be held into place somehow?

Are there better tires for wood flooring?

Thanks again for all of the help.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Elite member

Quote:
A big thank you goes out to bnR34 for all of his help!!

ANd thanks to the rest of you for all of the ideas. I was able to get a controller and antenna from bnR34. The car works like a charm. My cats are very interested in it and the dog is terrified. It's perfect. Even seems to work on carpet although I don't think that's a good idea.

Few more questions though. The motor seems to slide from back to front, especially when I hit something which I am very good at. When it does this that gearing slips until I slide the motor back into place. Is the motor supposed to be held into place somehow?

Are there better tires for wood flooring?

Thanks again for all of the help.
It slides around because you are missing this peice in the link: (Its the small piece in the back and the one in the link is the billet aluminum one, the stock one is yellow plastic.)
http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/G...nt__10153.aspx

Here is another link to a billet on in stock & if your going to buy a new piece why not buy an alloy one for a cooler motor:
http://www.asiatees.com/display.php?...s&id=915&pid=1

As for tires, I have hardwood floors and I use soft slicks or medium slicks, that and I usually use a car with all wheel drive in it too.

TEAM XI

Last edited by Bananabrain; 06-11-2010 at 12:48 PM..