Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Beginner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 08-31-2007, 12:24 AM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Hi, newbie here.

Hey guys, I'm new to this community I guess. I just got my xmods gen1 car in the mail, and the NSX body fits just fine. When I try to put on my Skyline body, the front wheel wont fit into the body ! The back wheel fits just fine, but the front wheel wont !!! I need help there.

Also, I was looking at the Chili motor from AtomicMods.com. It says that I need 2x2 FET's. Can someone tell me if the gen1 has that stock ? If not, how much would it cost to get them installed ? Thanks.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:36 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogliquidmetal View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to this community I guess. I just got my xmods gen1 car in the mail, and the NSX body fits just fine. When I try to put on my Skyline body, the front wheel wont fit into the body ! The back wheel fits just fine, but the front wheel wont !!! I need help there.

Also, I was looking at the Chili motor from AtomicMods.com. It says that I need 2x2 FET's. Can someone tell me if the gen1 has that stock ? If not, how much would it cost to get them installed ? Thanks.
first of all welcome. now for your big problems at hand. the reason your skyline wont fit is because the NSX is a shorter body than the skyline. you will have to take your chassis apart, put a longer shaft in the center, then put your car back together to the last hole back.
now for your motor and FETs. your stock Gen one has 1x1 fets so you are going to have to order some from atomic when you buy your motor and solder them on. if you live in the states get yourself an evo they are easier to work on.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:39 AM
US Air Force

Trader Rating: (9)

welcome have a good time hear! and do what ever Xmodnut said he a smart guy.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:42 AM

Heh, I can tell he's a smart guy :P

How much would it cost for someone to get my FETs installed ? I'm not really a handyman hehe, also where would i get the longer drive shafts ? and would the skyline body work with the nsx body mount thingy ? cuz i dont have the one for the skyline, and i cant find it anywhere .. AND i dont see how to move the front part up one hole. Theres only one hole for the wheels heh. Is there a tutorial somewhere ?

Also thanks for the quick replies you guys !

EDIT: Is this the shaft I need ? http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/X...ng__10095.aspx

Last edited by ogliquidmetal; 08-31-2007 at 01:01 AM..
Old 08-31-2007, 01:49 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Welcome to the forum and read the rules and I can tell that you already did!

As for your questions, yes thats the shaft that you need. Atomicmods or AM as we like it, has a instalation service, but your probably better off finding someone here to do it. As for the holes. flip your car over, see where the black and tan/beige/w.e part meet? there should be 3 holes there. and if the screw is in the middle section, its a medium length car (RSX,NSX, Cobra) and if its the 3rd one its a long and the NSX clip would work with the skyline. Post pics of your cars!!
Old 08-31-2007, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
Welcome to the forum and read the rules and I can tell that you already did!

As for your questions, yes thats the shaft that you need. Atomicmods or AM as we like it, has a instalation service, but your probably better off finding someone here to do it. As for the holes. flip your car over, see where the black and tan/beige/w.e part meet? there should be 3 holes there. and if the screw is in the middle section, its a medium length car (RSX,NSX, Cobra) and if its the 3rd one its a long and the NSX clip would work with the skyline. Post pics of your cars!!
Heh, I'm gonna paint my skyline pearl white, then I'll post pics

I've got to say. This is one of the most friendliest forums I've ever been in.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:59 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Cant wait for the pics, they should be pretty sweet. good to know that this is one of the friendliest forum you've been to.... I think, it should be pretty friendly untill some trouble starts up or something
Old 08-31-2007, 02:03 AM
Xmod Expert

First of all HI!

sencond of all your better off ordering a CF shaft as it reduces weight and adds speed. especially since your ordering one already...

third of all you need a different fron clip to make the skyline fit the chassis, every car has a seperate clip, depending on where you are you'll find someone who has it on this site or even on XI, XI is xmods international ( get to know their site they arevery good people!
Old 08-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Banned

if you need a shaft I have a couple of dead cars that have the long shaft in it. sometime I am going to learn how to stack FETs so I can do It for other people's cars. I can probably do it now but first I am going to remove the stock ones from my junk cars and put them back on several times till I am good at both soldering it on and off.
as for your clip XI does have them for 4.99 each I had to get one for my RS return skyline. also while you are there check out some of their serious upgrades like gpm rear axles cups and stubs. it will save you time looking for new ones when you break the stock ones. save the stock ones you never know who might need them.
also if you dont have a multi compartment storage container and a magnetic mechanics tray invest in one of each. I have several and it saves time looking for parts when they are organized, and the tray keeps your screws from ending up sweeper food
Old 08-31-2007, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodsnut View Post
if you need a shaft I have a couple of dead cars that have the long shaft in it. sometime I am going to learn how to stack FETs so I can do It for other people's cars. I can probably do it now but first I am going to remove the stock ones from my junk cars and put them back on several times till I am good at both soldering it on and off.
as for your clip XI does have them for 4.99 each I had to get one for my RS return skyline. also while you are there check out some of their serious upgrades like gpm rear axles cups and stubs. it will save you time looking for new ones when you break the stock ones. save the stock ones you never know who might need them.
also if you dont have a multi compartment storage container and a magnetic mechanics tray invest in one of each. I have several and it saves time looking for parts when they are organized, and the tray keeps your screws from ending up sweeper food
Haha thanks for all the tips guys

Are you guys sure the nsx clip doesn't work with the Skyline ? I don't wanna spend much right now .. I just came back from 5 days of paintball and I'm a lil strapped for cash bwahaha. Another thing. what are gpm rear axles cups and stubs ? and xmodsnut, do you have any CF shafts ? I want one of those hehe
Old 08-31-2007, 02:42 AM
Banned

my cars are loaded with RS upgrades only right now. the only thing not running RS parts is my monster truck and the only two things are they are are the motor and wheels. some time I am going to see what this Heli-Max motor is really capable of it still hasn't been seriously tested in any other cars just my one truck. I need to give it a trial run on my xmods track to see how many laps it does before it starts slowing down or heating up a ton
Old 08-31-2007, 02:44 AM

Lol. Today I put some Energiser batteries in mine, and it didn't seem like it was going too fast at all. I have a white stage 2 which I think is a drift motor. How fast is that motor supposed to go ?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:50 AM
Banned

it should be doing around 830 FT per minute and that is your high torque motor. for higher speeds go for 10 or 11 tooth motor and gears.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodsnut View Post
it should be doing around 830 FT per minute and that is your high torque motor. for higher speeds go for 10 or 11 tooth motor and gears.
Ooo.. one last question before I go nigh nigh

How long should RS drift tires last ?
Old 08-31-2007, 03:10 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

I'm sure how long they last, but if you use them a lot, then they wont last too long, but if you like to drift only everynow and then, they should last a while

Edit: good night
Old 08-31-2007, 06:36 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

Welcome to the forum.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:51 PM
Xmod Expert

drift tires like the plastic ones for me last forever, but it really depends what surface you use em on...
Old 08-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to darkendblades Send a message via MSN to darkendblades Send a message via Yahoo to darkendblades

yeah i was in my tennis court like 3 or 4 days ago and i went through almost one set of drift tires since the court is so rough, and i went through 3 sets of batts lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder121 View Post
that track looks like an areana 4 xmod fights.u don't how to drive might as well stay away.but if ur like darkenblades droppin xmods into pools ther u go
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
uhh yeah right away ill just empty my pool in the middle of summer, throw all my cars in there and bash um just so you can find out which one is toughest

Do i look like darkenblades??<<haha
Old 08-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Welcome, I'm the retired Forum Idiot.

AM is quite expensive. -XCRL- on XmodWorld does installation, but he's somewhat busy (if anyone sees him around, tell him to check PM's) at the moment.

There are others that do it, but it can take a while now that most people are back in school.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 08-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Rethink It All

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Welcome, I'm the retired Forum Idiot.
Who's the new one then?

Welcome. See the search tool on the near top of the page, below your PM box? Its your friend. If you ever, EVER need to know something, consult that first. If that doesn't work, post a thread up. Read the rules and have fun!

Later,
RedSXmodder

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All