Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-26-2008, 07:58 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid
Default My New Camera

As some of you know, I am into photography and my old camera's zoom didn't work and the video quality wasn't all too good.
**Originally posted on BeatYourTruck**
Man this thing is awesome. It even takes good videos for youtube in good quality. The video is of my little 1:48 or 1:52 scale mini RC truck. Only thing I could think of. Also pictures from the camera and pics of the camera taken by my other one which my mom said I should give to my brother.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mb72PweSlY

And Jake my Royal Bahamian Potcake Puppy. His ear only stood up because his head was pointed up, usually it flops sideways like how the other ear is.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:09 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Fujifilm Finepix S2000HD? Not a bad choice considering it shoots at 13 frames per second for video (I believe 33fps on 3MP mode?). Also the fact that it has 15X optical zoom makes it very versitile knowing it goes from approximatly 27mm to 414mm. That's ultra wide to ultra telephoto.

Not a bad camera, mate. Have fun with er'.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 09-26-2008, 09:59 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

very fine choice in the compact SLR camera type. I started on a kodak camera similar to that as far as features and zoom goes. however that is way faster.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:46 PM
is here

Thanks guys. I had some fun testing it a few hours ago. Taking pictures on Super Macro was fun. Especially taking pics of my new Corvette Model. I can't wait to go upstate next week and really get some nice pics. We were supposed to go up this weekend for the Garlic Festival but thanks to these tropical storms..that won't happen. Mom likes the garlic, I like the fudge people lol.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

whoa im actually looking at buying this camera...
I can't really tell is it the s1000fd? or the s2000HD?
Oh and jimmy its not a SLR, its a Point and shoot.

How do you like it?
Old 10-28-2008, 07:49 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodificationer View Post
Jimmythekid is actually correct, it's a compact SLR. Also known as a pre-SLR in many photography shops. These are "inbetweenies;" they offer more options than a point and shoot camera (take for instance a Kodak EasyShare V550) but they aren't quite as complex or offer as vast of options as a D-SLR (take for instance a Nikon D2X).

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 10-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

yea but a SLR is Single Lens Reflex, then lens cannot be removed either. Its technically a point and shoot on steroids per say.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:02 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
yea but a SLR is Single Lens Reflex, then lens cannot be removed either. Its technically a point and shoot on steroids per say.
Technically you maybe right but the category of that camera is compact slr. that's just what their called. Give me a cookie kid
Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
Technically you maybe right but the category of that camera is compact slr. that's just what their called. Give me a cookie kid
I agree with you, I too think that it should fall in that category. Its closer to a SLR than a point and shoot. But everywhere i look it says Point and shoot.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:23 PM
is here

Quote:
whoa im actually looking at buying this camera...
I can't really tell is it the s1000fd? or the s2000HD?

How do you like it?
Buy it. It is well worth it. I even got my friend to use his money and get one too. It's the S2000 HD. You can see some of my newer vids on youtube using it. It take crystal clear pics. Here's a few I took a few weeks ago. The Camaro RS was a sick car. Also some Pics from the Sheep and Wool Festival and other stuff. My Puppy Jake upstate with my friend(who also has this camera). An Inchworm on a lambs ear leaf and a leaf with water on it. My Mom also has a camera you can see in one of the pics. I can't remember the name but its a little over 1k and is by Canon.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Banned

first 2 are a little blury, and the llama pic you need the iso up a little more. But im liking the camera for the budget I have. I think i will get a Cannon EOS 1Ds Mark III instead though. Whats $7999?
Old 10-28-2008, 08:34 PM
is here

Quote:
first 2 are a little blury, and the llama pic you need the iso up a little more. But im liking the camera for the budget I have. I think i will get a Cannon EOS 1Ds Mark III instead though. Whats $7999?
What? The one of the Puppy was taken from about 20 feet away and the one of the Camaro..I have better ones.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Banned

The cannon im talking about is $7999. I just watched a couple of your vids and the video is really nice, im surprised. How much did you pay for yours? I saw one on ebay for $225 BIN. Oh and have you viewed the pics and vids on a HDTV with 1080p? Im interested to see how good they actually are since it advertises as 1080P HD
Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Where in the world do you plan on buying that from? Whomever charges you $8,000 for that Canon is out of their mind! I'll give them the fact that the MSRP price is $8,000, but that camera is not worth $8,000 from any retailer. You could get that camera for $6,500 easy, probably cheaper from proper sellers on eBay. Plus, who in their right mind wants to spend that kind of money for a Canon? Buy a real camera.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 10-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Elite member

hmm.. i was thinking about getting the fuji 2000.. but i had too many cameras >.< i have 1 Sony a100 DSLR for $180 i paid for, sony dsc-w80 for $130.. and others.. i wanted to get a camera that has 10+ optical zoom along with high quality video recording.. i might consider this camera soon though.. or maybe wait and see if theres any other camera that is similar >.<
Old 10-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

Those are some pretty pics.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
Plus, who in their right mind wants to spend that kind of money for a Canon? Buy a real camera.
GOOD ONE!

NOT!!!

I have a cannon watch yourself. Nah, jk.

I dunno it was the first D-SLR i bought and i kinda just stuck with it as i cycled my way through like 10 point and shoot cameras... The only reason i bought it in the first place was so that my lens would work with it.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:26 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
GOOD ONE!

NOT!!!

I have a cannon watch yourself. Nah, jk.

I dunno it was the first D-SLR i bought and i kinda just stuck with it as i cycled my way through like 10 point and shoot cameras... The only reason i bought it in the first place was so that my lens would work with it.
Why can no one spell Canon properly? It's not an artillary launcher, it's a camera brand..

I've been born and raised Nikon. My father started his whole career on Minolta, Sigma and Nikon cameras by beating out many of the local Canon guys. It's kinda like being raised a Ford, GM or Chevy fan; you only love what you own and you dislike using the rest. I'll use a Canon or support a Canon when I need too, but I certainly won't buy one. I don't like their features, tech support or even the looks of their cameras. Probably just like many won't purchase a Nikon for the same reasons.

[/end ramble]

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 10-29-2008, 07:13 PM
is here

Xmodificationer, it was on sale at best buy for $329.99 and I got a 4G memory card and a case(but those cost extra but they were on sale the 4G was only $20 and when my friend got it, he got a 2G for the same price!), I already almost used up the whole thing and I been deleting pics. For those of you that want to see my HQ vids, check them out. Only the newer ones are HQ starting from "My Micro RC Tyrant"

http://www.youtube.com/user/phoenixfire47
Old 10-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Banned

$329??? ON sale?? thats a rip off, i found some for $225 bnib