Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > January 10'-11' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain
Default January 10'-11' Build off 1996 Grand Cherokee

Bought this Jeep in May of 2009 for $3400. As my first car, it isn't perfect, but I love it.
It is a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the Inline 6, 4.0 liter engine and it Automatic.

It has around 145,000 miles on it.

It's got all the nice features of the limited. Power windows, mirrors, A/C & heat, leather seats, volume controls on steering wheel... cruise control.. the nice little display screen by my Shift lever... 4 wheel drive (Hi, Lo, Part time)

It's in good condition mostly and runs great. Just a few minor things that need to be fixed and replaced.

What I've done so far:

First Addition! A Flowmaster Super 44 muffler and stainless steel tip.

Video

I've had to get the radiator replaced twice... It had a crack it in, and when they put the replacement in, they broke a part on it so it still leaked.

The stock radio and speakers (Infinity System) were mostly bad. Radio didn't work, and front right and rear right speaker didn't work.

I replaced the Deck with a cheap Dual stereo. I used some blaupunkt speakers for the front speakers, since the owner of the car threw them in with it. Then I replaced the rear ones with Memphis 6.5 in speakers. For the most part it sounds good besides one speaker rattles.. but I'll fix that soon.
I also got some blue neon lights under the dash to light up the floor

I also have installed a CB radio. It's a Cobra 29 WX NW BT.
Got a big 50 watt PA speaker in my bumper to yell at bad drivers and use for other various occasions.
Using a K40 mobile antenna.. it's 58 inches long.. ya I get a lot of looks..

I like the whole blue interior lighting thing I got going.. so who knows maybe I'll go all out and light the whole inside of the car up.

What needs to be done:

New headlight housings (Mine lights are so dim I have trouble driving at night. Yes I've tried rubbing compounds and such)

New head liner

Replace the back window cleaner thing...

Fix a few spots on the paint..

New driver side Mirror..

Maybe new wheels... and some big tires and a lift...
If you look close you might be able to see a little bit of the PA speaker.

And a few other things/additions to come.