Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (19)
Default Ongoing projects

This is what I have been up to for the last few weeks but I am trying to finish them all in the next week or so but one is slated for the COTM. That is the teaser shot of the front wheel and nose. Any guesses as to what it is? XXX keep quiet, I already told you what it was and here is your baby mounted. and running.

I need alloy rims but not the rs alloy rims. If you have some you are willing to part with let me know. Paying top dollar for them and even better if they are top cad alloy rims as I will pay full price and a half for them.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:02 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

1st pic RX-7 ?...nice mounting on XXX vette, or should i say YOUR vette
cool lambo...color?...ive always liked red ones...i went to an exotic car show over summer, i will post some lambo pics for inspiration...and if thats the green rsx i think it is... nice score, and we both had the same idea to use up some extra bk pieces, the black and cf help to tone down that green just enough...nice projects all around...good to see ya put up a thread too, once an a while us old guys gotta represent too

Team X.I.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

I wanted to buy the tires from the vette it looks really nice I like the lambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 02-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
1st pic RX-7 ?...nice mounting on XXX vette, or should i say YOUR vette
cool lambo...color?...ive always liked red ones...i went to an exotic car show over summer, i will post some lambo pics for inspiration...and if thats the green rsx i think it is... nice score, and we both had the same idea to use up some extra bk pieces, the black and cf help to tone down that green just enough...nice projects all around...good to see ya put up a thread too, once an a while us old guys gotta represent too
Good guess but not a rx-7 and I believe us "old" guys can learn from the younger ones as much as they can learn from us. So posting is a good way to show we are still around and active. Besides, old guys always have some funny a** stories.cAnd yes that is the green rsx you are thinking of. I got it from XXX and decided to make a lith powered rsx and now it only needs a board and front clip. And it is on a evo chassis.
I need alloy rims but not the rs alloy rims. If you have some you are willing to part with let me know. Paying top dollar for them and even better if they are top cad alloy rims as I will pay full price and a half for them.

Last edited by Blackdragon; 02-10-2009 at 06:34 PM..
Old 02-10-2009, 06:35 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Trader Rating: (0)

hmmmm, can you get a clearer pic... is that lambo an unpainted mini z and that corvette has a really nice stance, great job on it
Old 02-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriganalRiD3R1967 View Post
hmmmm, can you get a clearer pic... is that lambo an unpainted mini z and that corvette has a really nice stance, great job on it
A clearer picture of which one? And that lambo is a model body that I had laying around for a year or so and it has been sitting that way for about 5 months now. So I am going to finish it and the others in the next week or so. And thanks for the compliments on the corvette, I like the way it sits to but I am going to tweak it some more and then start on the chassis. XXX did a great paint job and once I finish it I will shine it up and probably put it in a display case.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM

i like how its so low profile,if you know what i mean, i'm working on a car, that i really want low, but its a bimmer, and they usally are not long, cars, so its taking a bit of trimming here and grinding there, what company makes the lambo? oh and i meant a clearer teaser pic btw, still can't get over the stance of the vette

Last edited by theoriganalRiD3R1967; 02-10-2009 at 07:18 PM..
Old 02-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Advance member

I will take some more pictures later and the model was by either monogram or revell. I just looked at your project thread and I can't wait to see it done. Good work on it so far, love the fenders.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:57 PM

Thanks, i think the rear wheel wells are to 'high' though, trying to fix that...as for the lambo, its probably revell cuz, i know revell also has a revell germany division and they make euro exotics like Ferarris, but i have never seen any monogram exotics, then again i may not know where to look
Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Advance member

I believe monogram does make exotics, even though I have not looked in a while and just bring your chassis down a bit to get a better fit with the wheel wells. You want that lowered look. Work on mounting it as low as you can get it without messing with it's steering and wheel spin.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

hey look the green rsx i sold to XXX.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngxmodder View Post
hey look the green rsx i sold to XXX.
Yes it is and the next time you see it it will be a lithium powered animal with a pn racing motor and stacked fets and anything else I can think of.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

nice wish i could of done that when i had it but its yours now have fun with it.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngxmodder View Post
nice wish i could of done that when i had it but its yours now have fun with it.
I will and I will post my progress as it nears completion. Any body else wanna take a guess at the car in the teaser shot?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:24 PM

luxury class...?

thanks, mostly though, i beleive i had shave that wheel wells to much upwards, and with the tire 2mms from the body on top-like i want-, the tires would be like another two mms off the ground, so i just recently filled in the part of the W. wells, maybe i'll work on it now,

i really never knew monogram made exotics...hmp...i looked all over google, for different sites, that sold all model companies, never found many monograms, and to tell you the truth i just though monogram petered out, and no longer made new cars
Old 02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriganalRiD3R1967 View Post
luxury class...?

thanks, mostly though, i beleive i had shave that wheel wells to much upwards, and with the tire 2mms from the body on top-like i want-, the tires would be like another two mms off the ground, so i just recently filled in the part of the W. wells, maybe i'll work on it now,

i really never knew monogram made exotics...hmp...i looked all over google, for different sites, that sold all model companies, never found many monograms, and to tell you the truth i just though monogram petered out, and no longer made new cars
I would not be surprised as I have not looked for models in a while. The models I am using now have been here for a while except the new one in the teaser shot. And no it is not exactly luxury is is a sport,exotic,luxury. Keep guessing, somebody will get it right sooner or later.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

GTR?
Koenigsegg?
lotus exige?
lotus elise?
i think it's most likely a lotus...prolly elise.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:45 PM

hmm, i can see a lotus elise now...it looks short like a lotus and has that vent, i would have never guessed lotus, cuz i never knew they made models for them, assuming this is a lotus
Old 02-10-2009, 07:59 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

mystery car - miata, porsche of somesort???...audi TT...

2nd - the lambo - so i got all priv det. on the pic and a ques...is that a subie cf hood molded into/onto the roof...if so, very sneaky...

Team X.I.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
GTR?
Koenigsegg?
lotus exige?
lotus elise?
i think it's most likely a lotus...prolly elise.
Good guesses but all wrong and floydfanyodaman you are correct: that is a subie hood molded onto the body. Good eye. I will wait till' tomorrow and decide if I am going to reveal the car before it is ready to be entered in the COTM. But good guesses everyone and keep trying.