Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2009, 04:12 AM
The Man

Trader Rating: (8)
Default fets??

i have been reading about stackin fets and i see that it makes your car run better. so my question is can i stack stock fets? i have a couple chassis that are not being used for whatever reason, so can i take them off and stack them on another for better performance?
Old 08-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnR34 View Post
i have been reading about stackin fets and i see that it makes your car run better. so my question is can i stack stock fets? i have a couple chassis that are not being used for whatever reason, so can i take them off and stack them on another for better performance?
Hey, I am sure I can answer all the questions regarding this!

YES, you can stack those old FETs on top. The amps will be divided amongst the FETs and therefore your car will be capable of dealing with hotter motors and have overall less "on" resistance. This might make your car feel a little punchier but probably not much. Of course the GEN. 1 FETs are pretty weak compared to the Xmod EVO FETs and will not provide the kind of upgrade a higher quality FET would.

When you stack, its also NOT necessary for the added FETs to be the same as the ones below, meaning, you could buy 2 upgrade FETs and place them on top of your stock FETs.

Generally speaking, upgraded FETs/stacking will only add a little amount of "punch" they do not increase top speed, they do however allow you to run faster motors. Keep in mind that stacking too many FETs can result in throttle sensitivity resulting in an "all on" or "all off" feeling from the throttle.

Last edited by Action B; 08-27-2009 at 04:35 AM..
Old 08-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

If your to stack a 2x2 with stock FETs, it wouldn't be too worth it. You still won't be able to run those hot motors [ T2, Z2 etc...] Maybe the less hot ones that are around 40t but thats about it. It's better to buy aftermarket FETs and stack them instead.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:43 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
If your to stack a 2x2 with stock FETs, it wouldn't be too worth it. You still won't be able to run those hot motors [ T2, Z2 etc...] Maybe the less hot ones that are around 40t but thats about it. It's better to buy aftermarket FETs and stack them instead.
I couldn't find the data sheet on the stock FETs so I wasn't sure either their exact capabilities. I can tell you that a single layer stack of 8858s are rated at a current flow well beyond that of an atomic chili, so a 2x2 or 2x3 of those are a serious upgrade.