Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Beginner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 12-25-2009, 05:38 PM

Trader Rating: (0)
Unhappy im new soo...

i have these screws that stick out under my front tires. they stick out to where the car wont go because they scrape the floor. nephew stepped on it...idk if thats what caused it. its on both sides. i tried to screw them in but i don't want to strip the plastic out. they're pretty tight though. top ones are too. i thought i might be able to suck it up some how so the bottom screws would retract maybe but not happening...just bought this thing yesterday and im waiting for the batteries to charge up.,.haven't really driven it yet
Old 12-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Return it if its new, especially after someone stepped on it. Brittle plastic.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

There is screws that stick out on the bottom near the wheels that goes into the steering link. They suppose to stick out some so the suspension can compress. They are close to the ground(about a little over 1mm) but shouldn't scrape the ground on a smooth, hard floor.

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:47 PM
The Man

Trader Rating: (8)

the screws are half threaded and half smoothe. they are long, but if you remove them and replace them with the shorter version of the same screw, it will not scrape at all. the shorter ones are located holding the shocks to the towers (the screws on the front of them) and you can just replace them with a regular screw that you should have extras of.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:11 AM

Thumbs up thanx

thank you guys so much, i've already changed the motor out and threw away all the plastic crap that came with my case so taking it back was totally out of the question but changing the screws and maybe leaving some room for the suspension or whatever is a good idea i'll try it.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Stage 2 member

Dude I have had mine for like 2 months and I kept everythign for it just because if there is a reason and I need to warranty it I will lol.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:13 PM

yeh i have their battery charger and batteries and i've been waiting to play for about 2 days...the light just keeps flickering and i read on somewhere that it turns green after they're fully charged. just waiting.......tried the batteries last night...nothing..wheels turn but i think i might have screwed up when i put the green motor in ...11-23 i believe i did it right. kinda weird though i think it said hot next to where the black wire was ...is the black the hot one? im such a newb sry
Old 12-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Just like the leads here, black on left and red on right.

Having the wires in the wrong place would simply make the car go reverse when you pushed forward throttle on the transmitter and of course, forward when you tried reverses