Go Back   XmodSource.com > Competitions > XMS Competitions > XMS Competition Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who will win the December COTM?
123Vette 1 1.25%
FieldFairy2 1 1.25%
xmodzracer 1 1.25%
youngxmodder 1 1.25%
TheB1GDude 6 7.50%
crawling duckies 0 0%
SPR 18 22.50%
merc3des 7 8.75%
lupinechaos 1 1.25%
TripleXmodder(akaXXX) 5 6.25%
kendallcschm 0 0%
zippo885 0 0%
Suicide_Star 6 7.50%
firebird999 0 0%
XMDrifter 2 2.50%
blue504life 2 2.50%
c1v1c 4 5.00%
Camaro98 6 7.50%
Lancer_Man 14 17.50%
taiwanesekid05 1 1.25%
xmodkidd33 3 3.75%
Blackdragon 0 0%
FloydfanYodaman 0 0%
snowboi1289 0 0%
4G36punk 1 1.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2009, 12:27 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

also, some cars, (like mine for example) need to be stock to be accurate. how often do you see fully modded jay dee emm tyte yo driftzorz in demolition derbies? not often, i assume.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:25 PM
SPR

this isnt about building the most wildly upgraded car on the planet. its about building the car that appeals to the community. and that doesnt always take 500 bucks in hobby grade ESC's and aluminum and custom chassis.

leave the COTM alone, its been working perfect for longer than you've been around. no need for change.

any guys please dont start an argument, i dont want to see donzii close this thread lol
Old 01-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Honda Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to S2k Racer Send a message via Skype™ to S2k Racer

Although I will say that I think TripleXmodder deserves more votes.

My Buy/Sell/Trade Thread!
Old 01-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

I think its because every one loves SPR :P
Old 01-03-2009, 04:16 PM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2k Racer View Post
Although I will say that I think TripleXmodder deserves more votes.
i agree with that... i think that camaro 98 deserves more votes too... im not fond of SPR's car.. its not him its just it doesn't appeal to me..

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 01-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Honda Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to S2k Racer Send a message via Skype™ to S2k Racer

TripleXmodder got the 2nd most die rolls too. I did 25 rolls.

My Buy/Sell/Trade Thread!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:55 PM
SPR

not that many people like me on here lol. least i dont feel that way. im too honest and tell it how it is. most people frown on me about it.

this isnt a popularity contest. believe me it has nothing to do with me. i just got lucky and built a car that half the community likes more than the other competition.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
not that many people like me on here lol. least i dont feel that way. im too honest and tell it how it is. most people frown on me about it.
SPR Keeps it real?
Close enough:
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-03-2009, 08:03 PM
SPR

LMAO!!! nice texan, i wouldnt quite call that close haha but funny.

what i ment is: if i dont like someones car.. ill tell em. then i normally get flammed for it because no one can respect opinions and get butthurt over them.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:06 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Alright, time for me to have a word with ya'll.. When you take something that's supposed to be fun and enjoyable and turn it into an argument, that's just not ok with me. If it has to come to it, I will turn to infraction points as well as locking this thread, making it only possible to vote, not post.

First, pointing fingers and deliberately leaving a posted message saying someone does not have as much time and effort into their submission as anyone else is a definite no-no. Not only has everyone probably worked their butts off to get such a high quality submission, but they probably spent days thinking, planning, buying and working on their submission. Judging on pure aesthetics and time consumption isn't the way things should be done. It takes more than that.

Second, the use of the term originality is quite petty. Seeing as how everyone’s submission is their own, that already makes it original. No one is going to have the exact same submission as you. Making it original already; by adding more and more to your submission, you’re just taking yourself farther and farther away from the pack.

Third, everyone’s submission is custom in its own way, no matter what anyone says. The second you touch it, it is your own and it’s custom in your own special way. By the time you get down to the simple facts of what has been done, added and subtracted from your submission, it is by far anything besides custom. It’s yours. It’s original, it’s custom and it’s yours.

Fourth, this was an open class Car of the Month. Simply meaning, anything Xmods based was allowed, including stock Xmods. You could have done something as simple as changed the motor and it would have been allowed into the competition. Is this going to get you to win? Hell no, not by a long shot. It takes a lot of time, effort, customization and your own simple touch of originality to make it a winner.

Fifth, this is supposed to be fun!!! Trust me, I’m truly sorry for anyone that feels that they’re not getting any votes, but that’s the way it all works during the Car of the Month competitions on any and every forum. Very seldom do you see a competition where the winner is very close to the second place winner; including those that only contain two members. The winner typically walks away a good few posts ahead of the second place winner and there’s typically even a further gap from second to the rest of the pack.

Sixth, when you see stuff brought to the table like everyone’s past few favorites on the forum, it’s very hard for yourself to get any votes. Sadly, this is just how things work for everyone and anyone. To be honest, I’m amazed at the current poll results; I myself was even very inaccurate when it came to predicting who would sweep this competition. My hats off to all of the contestants for sure.

Lastly, if you have any further problems or questions with how a Car of the Month competition works, you may contact me via Private Message or through AIM. I would rather not see a voting thread dragged too far off topic. Let’s please return back to topic now.

This post was in no way directed at anyone individually. To be frank, this is intended for everyone to read.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 01-03-2009, 09:26 PM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

it is understood Donzii... and this is fun lol ... back on topic... i think all the entries were pretty amazing..

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 01-03-2009, 09:28 PM
MSI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
Alright, time for me to have a word with ya'll.. When you take something that's supposed to be fun and enjoyable and turn it into an argument, that's just not ok with me. If it has to come to it, I will turn to infraction points as well as locking this thread, making it only possible to vote, not post.

First, pointing fingers and deliberately leaving a posted message saying someone does not have as much time and effort into their submission as anyone else is a definite no-no. Not only has everyone probably worked their butts off to get such a high quality submission, but they probably spent days thinking, planning, buying and working on their submission. Judging on pure aesthetics and time consumption isn't the way things should be done. It takes more than that.

Second, the use of the term originality is quite petty. Seeing as how everyone’s submission is their own, that already makes it original. No one is going to have the exact same submission as you. Making it original already; by adding more and more to your submission, you’re just taking yourself farther and farther away from the pack.

Third, everyone’s submission is custom in its own way, no matter what anyone says. The second you touch it, it is your own and it’s custom in your own special way. By the time you get down to the simple facts of what has been done, added and subtracted from your submission, it is by far anything besides custom. It’s yours. It’s original, it’s custom and it’s yours.

Fourth, this was an open class Car of the Month. Simply meaning, anything Xmods based was allowed, including stock Xmods. You could have done something as simple as changed the motor and it would have been allowed into the competition. Is this going to get you to win? Hell no, not by a long shot. It takes a lot of time, effort, customization and your own simple touch of originality to make it a winner.

Fifth, this is supposed to be fun!!! Trust me, I’m truly sorry for anyone that feels that they’re not getting any votes, but that’s the way it all works during the Car of the Month competitions on any and every forum. Very seldom do you see a competition where the winner is very close to the second place winner; including those that only contain two members. The winner typically walks away a good few posts ahead of the second place winner and there’s typically even a further gap from second to the rest of the pack.

Sixth, when you see stuff brought to the table like everyone’s past few favorites on the forum, it’s very hard for yourself to get any votes. Sadly, this is just how things work for everyone and anyone. To be honest, I’m amazed at the current poll results; I myself was even very inaccurate when it came to predicting who would sweep this competition. My hats off to all of the contestants for sure.

Seventh, vote for firebird999. :P

Lastly, if you have any further problems or questions with how a Car of the Month competition works, you may contact me via Private Message or through AIM. I would rather not see a voting thread dragged too far off topic. Let’s please return back to topic now.

This post was in no way directed at anyone individually. To be frank, this is intended for everyone to read.

Cheers,
Kyle.
just one minor alteration before i can say, "amen, donzii."
Old 01-03-2009, 10:01 PM
I got nothin...

Trader Rating: (0)

lol you would put that...

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 01-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Camaro98

I had a hard time voting between XXX's Corvette and Suicide_Star's S7, but I ended up voting for the Corvette. I just liked the way XXX pulled the whole thing off.

As everyone here has already said, there are a lot of really great cars in this competition. Good luck to the winner and to the runner up.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:22 AM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

yeah, I really liked suicide-stars car a lot. One of the best.

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 01-04-2009, 12:50 AM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

for me i really liked Camaro98's Christine, and 123vette's GMC flatbed. but im going through a "i like Christine" stage, so i went with her. plus if she loses she wont kill me! lol!

good luck to all! every entrant is AWSOME! this is the best COTM ive seen since i joined!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:08 AM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

I'm just saying push the required minimum a little bit higher, so just a paintjob or chassis part swaps don't cut it. Fitting a new body on is way more work than say, just spraying a body, and so forth.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:39 AM
SPR

and that would kill the meaning of open class. and eliminate over half the community from entering.

thats why they have special classes for certain competitions. those push the requirements. open class is just that... open.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Well like I said before, open = no theme, not "something as simple as changed the motor and it would have been allowed into the competition," quoting Donzii. Thats simply how I feel; I'm not pointing any fingers and I liked alot of more simple/clean entries, but as a whole I'd like to see some more extensive works. I'll try to cook something up for the next compt XMS will have because I just couldn't make the deadline for this one.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:09 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

You're asking to much of people, Skv. This is an online forum with a very wide age range. Some people here can't comprehend the extensive amount of time or value that goes into someones entry because they aren't lucky enough to do it themselves. It's not because they're stupid or ignorant, it's just simply because they've never had the chance. Sadly, Car of the Month competitions are basically voted upon as a "what I like the best because it looks the best." Is that right? Probably not, no. Is that the way it's always been and always be on pretty much every Xmods orientated forum? Yeah.

You have to remember the age ranges you're dealing with. People don't base their whole lives around this and due to that fact, do not have enough time, willpower or determination to create something that will be "totally fricken awesome" and win every XMS COTM. This is a hobby.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."