Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > New Members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-15-2009, 11:22 AM

Trader Rating: (0)

Hey everyone. Ive been really looking into buying the 2009 370 xmod car because i feel it is a fun hobby i would like to get into but i have a few questions before i make my purchase. First is that i want to buy the car and put in the stilleto chasis and i also want to buy the upgraded battery pack, the Ion Pro 2S, but i had a question on how to recharge the battery because it doesnt come with a charger?. I am also looking at buying the Scion tC body for my car but is there another part u need besides just the body to mount it?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by zippo855; 09-15-2009 at 12:36 PM..
Old 09-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCahill View Post
Hey everyone. Ive been really looking into buying the 2009 370 xmod car because i feel it is a fun hobby i would like to get into but i have a few questions before i make my purchase. First is that i want to buy the car and put in the stilleto chasis and i also want to buy the upgraded battery pack, the Ion Pro 2S, but i had a question on how to recharge the battery because it doesnt come with a charger?. I am also looking at buying the Scion tC body for my car but is there another part u need besides just the body to mount it?
If you look on ebay you should be able to fine a lithium kit that comes with a charger for 35 bucks or cheaper. If you don't feel comfortable with that atomicmods has lithium chargers in stock, you need the 2S charger (2 batteries in a series). IF you switch to a Scion TC, you will need the body and the front clip along with the appropriate chassis spacer and driveshaft.

If your looking at driving around for fun and doing upgrades, Xmods are great. IF your looking at finding a local club, do upgrades and use them to race competitively on a track, I would like to kindly direct you towards the Mini-Z line of RC cars.

Last edited by Action B; 09-15-2009 at 12:18 PM..
Old 09-15-2009, 12:18 PM

thanks that really helps ya i want to go with the 2S lithium pack with the stilletto chasis
Old 09-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Elite member

Quote:
thanks that really helps ya i want to go with the 2S lithium pack with the stilletto chasis
Okay, good luck. If you need any help with the installation feel free to ask questions. Also check out the tech section of this website there is usually a lot of good tutorials there.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the help. i was looking up some instructions on installing the stilletto chassis that doesnt look hard, but i dont kno how hard it is to install the new battery pack. and also where do i find out what drive shaft and motor spacer i need when i get a new body for the car?

does anyone have any suggestions besides the new battery and the chassis that i should get before that?

whats the difference between the Xmods Evolution 2009 370z and the Xmods Street 370z?

Last edited by DRFTKO; 09-15-2009 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: multiple posts
Old 09-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Thanks for the help. i was looking up some instructions on installing the stilletto chassis that doesnt look hard, but i dont kno how hard it is to install the new battery pack. and also where do i find out what drive shaft and motor spacer i need when i get a new body for the car?

does anyone have any suggestions besides the new battery and the chassis that i should get before that?

whats the difference between the Xmods Evolution 2009 370z and the Xmods Street 370z?
The new battery pack is very easy to install with basic soldering skills. If there is not a tutorial in the tech forum I will provide one for you. If the soldering iron is not for you I am an approved service provider on this site and will do it for you for $10.

If your doing this, additional mods depend on the purpose of the vehicle. However, generally speaking, a car with lithium generally needs the following upgrades to be reasonably driveable for any purpose.

1. heat sink - Your motor will heat up fast.
2. All wheel drive- Your car will not have much traction
3. Tires- Your car will not have much traction
4. Bearings- Reduce drag and tighten up slop
5. Vented canister motor - Your motor will heat up fast

I'd like you to know that the lithium mod is not suitable for most track conditions. What do you plan on doing with this car?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:03 AM

i plan on just using it to mess around in my house drifting and such
Old 09-16-2009, 02:00 AM
Elite member

Quote:
i plan on just using it to mess around in my house drifting and such
Then the list I made is a good setup to start with and lithium will do fine. Hope you have a big area because that car will be pretty fast. You'll also want to gear the car up some for prolonged drifts.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:53 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

I don't recommend lithium for drifting, as thats WAY too powerful. But rather 4 AAA's like the stock configuration. But instead of crap batteries, use R1Wurks or something. Heres what I think for a ideal drifter. Not saying Action B's is wrong or anything.

4 AAAs - R1Wurks or Team Orion batteries
AWD - Needed to ease drift
Torquey motor - Atomic stock BB motor would be fine here
Tires - Hard slicks or the drift kit.
GPM - Dogbones and axles for less slop and the dogbones are known to break easy.
Bearings - Need the drivetrain to be smooth

Now, if you really want to go all the way, get some derlin gears which are smooth then stock and a CF driveshaft which is lighter which means more power. Probably forgot a thing or two, it's late and I'm tired.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:02 AM

Send a message via AIM to erics00ls

Welcome.. and everything that could be said pretty much has been said here, haha
Old 09-16-2009, 07:32 AM

well i was thinking lithium cuz i dont just want to drift i want to go fast to lol. my basement is about 2000sq feet so i have a big space to play in. also are these things ok to use outside like on pavement?
Old 09-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
well i was thinking lithium cuz i dont just want to drift i want to go fast to lol. my basement is about 2000sq feet so i have a big space to play in. also are these things ok to use outside like on pavement?
honestly i'd stay away from lithium if your new, its expensive and you have to use special chargers. and also if you dont pay very close attention to details you can blow your car up. also you can drift with stock motor, it has plenty of power. and yes you can run your car outside but its not the best thing to do for a xmod.

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 09-16-2009, 07:41 AM

well im pretty handy with electronics, specially when its only a little bit of soldering and i can follow directions pretty well. its not to much for my budget, the 2S lithium pack is only 29.99, then the chasis is another 30 so its not to bad in terms of price
Old 09-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Xmod Expert

did you think of a lithium charger?

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/D...er__13380.aspx

Old 09-16-2009, 07:49 AM

the lithium pack on ebay comes with a charger
Old 09-16-2009, 07:55 AM
Xmod Expert

thats not a safe charger, if you were tp accidently over charge with thoose chargers you will blow up the lipo set..

Old 09-16-2009, 07:58 AM

why would they sell a kit with a charger if the charger is going to blow up the battery pack? and if that charger is no good how much is a lipo charger then?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
did you think of a lithium charger?

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/D...er__13380.aspx
they sell them with thoose chargers for price, if it blows up then its the buyers fault for over charging them. if you get a lithium safe charger then it will automaticay shut off when the battery is done charging..

Old 09-16-2009, 08:10 AM

well we will see. im not going to do this all at once but i do plan on going lithium as one of my first mods. I hate the stupid ugly clonking battery pack that is on the car stock. so i want the sleeker look of the upgraded chassis with the lith 2S

well with that charger that is unsafe. how long do you have to overcharge the battery for it to blow up? and how long does it take to charge the battery?. im glad your helping me out with this befor i make any decisions and set myself back some monney

Last edited by DRFTKO; 09-16-2009 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 09-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Elite member

Quote:
well with that charger that is unsafe. how long do you have to overcharge the battery for it to blow up? and how long does it take to charge the battery?. im glad your helping me out with this befor i make any decisions and set myself back some monney
I've been using the ebay batteries for years with the ebay chargers. Its true they are not as sophisticated as some but its basically a cellphone battery charger. So if you feel safe charging your phone or laptop this is basically the same thing. For me they have worked fine, I'd buy the kit again. I've purchased 4 kits off of there and been using them for years.