Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > New Members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

Trader Rating: (8)
Default New modder in town

Hey everyone,

I just got into Xmods recently thanks to my little bro. I currently have a gen 1 Skyline with both black and yellow bodies w/ the body kits. I also have a newer evo Skyline GT-R.

On my gen 1 I have installed a stage 2 motor (white), awd, metal bearing set, suspension (med front, hard rear), I have the lithium-ion battery upgrade w/ a switchblade chassis, I had tight turns on my main board (but it fried). I am currently waiting on my new board which has tight turns and a 2x2 stack.

I haven't done much w/ my evo Skyline except the awd and stage 2 motor upgrade. Once I get a few more parts for my gen 1 I think I will start to work on my evo. I'm gonna be getting an airbrush set eventually to do some custom painting.

I am also thinking about getting a mini-z since they seem to be a little more for the advanced modder. I consider myself a big kid (I'm 26) and my wife would agree. My wife hates all the time I spend with my Xmods, but I think she is starting to get used to it. My dog also hates it when I chase her around the house with em.

So far I'm having a blast and I really like the forum here. Any good websites I should check out? I already know about Atomic Mods and Xmods International.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Welcome! and theres nothing wrong with loving rc cars at your age so dont be embarrassed about it!!

Some pics of this awesome sounding ride PLZ!!!!

the 2 MAIN sites for X mods i belive are www.atomicmods.com and some UK place.. but ebay if you ask me is the best place because they have everything!!! i just got a lithium ion AA battery upgrade for my GEN 1 for 7 bucks!!!!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

Trader Rating: (8)

I will add some pics once I get my new board in. Hopefully it will be in sometime early next week. Hoping on Monday. I've torn my gen 1 apart and it just breaks my heart seeing her the way she is.

That's a good deal on a lithium set. I ordered mine from Atomic Mods with the charger and 12v power supply. I didn't mind spending the money cuz I knew I was gonna get a good product from them. I think when I get one for my evo I will try ebay. I wanna get the stiletto chassis too. I think I will go carbon fiber on my evo.

I'm not embarrassed being into Xmods at my age. I just know I'm a few years older then the average modder on here.