Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2009, 03:44 PM
EV guy

Trader Rating: (0)
Default hyundai genesis coupe user created ad

hey there everyone recently i've been on the hyundai genesis coupe website making some 30 seconds ad for the contest check it out (and yes its mine)

http://hyundai.realitydigital.net/cl...t&type=unknown

and also check out: http://hyundaigenesis.com/coupe

peace!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Freedom Provider

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to XmodzICON82

i might trade my car in and get one of these in the next couple of years...
Old 02-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

I want to trade in my tiburon for it.But I'm going to Waite at least a year.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:25 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

i think it's the best car hyundai has ever made.
although i might need to do something about the brakes as the brembos have a reduced size pad, reducing noise, but at the same time reducing braking performance(especially on the v6 model) the VDC is intrusive as i've heard, but other than that it should be a downright steal, even at the base model (210 tubo'd hp, rwd, 22k price)
Old 02-26-2009, 08:49 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

This is a wonderful car. The only problem is, will they be able to overcome the hurdle of being under a name brand that screams "cheap, unreliable Korean car"?
Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Yes, because they will be the "fast, cheap, unreliable Korean car"

But anyways, along with the Genisis, it's gotten interesting.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 02-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Elite member

Back in the day Honda and Toyota had a bad name.
I had problems with my 2003 tib.That was the first year that the V6 came out.After 2 years fighting with the company they gave me a 2006 and no problems at all.I like the look of the tib but the genesis is RWD and 300 HP.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

to my dad he says that Hyundai stands for in Laotian "Hun day thy lawu" which means " hey look it already died" but this must change his mind.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:37 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

You guys don't know what your talking about Hyundai makes very reliable cars. They originally shared a lot of technology with mitsubishi, now they make most of their own stuff. However the mitsu influence is still there they make really good cars. I have never owned one, but I did learn how to wrench on them.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 AM
EV guy

hyundai didnt get alot of respect in the 1990's but now they have to prove the drift nuts in the world that this a cool car. (i really want one too)
Old 02-27-2009, 06:04 PM
drifter and engineer

they don't have to prove it's a cool car, it's already been proven cuz rhys millen already customized one to use as his red bull drift car.
too bad the r-spec hasn't come out yet. it's 3000 dollars LESS than the track model. (it gets rid of a few luxuries like bluetooth, making the car lighter, but it includes the exact same performance packages that the track model has)

i'm gonna wait a while before deciding to get one because although the base model is respectable, it doesn't look as good as the track model, which costs 26750. the r-spec will have the same spoiler and wheels, and is 23750. it's gotta look good as well as run fast.

hyundai has really upped their quality from when they first started making cars, although a korean review didn't give the genesis coupe a good rating...said the v6's balance was off, the v6 model got unstable over 110mph(their cars didn't have the spoilers on them), and the traction control was really intrusive if left on. they also found that the brembo brakes' pads were smaller than normal brembo pads, making the brakes not as strong as standard brembo brakes on other sports cars.
so

pros:
high power(by normal standards)
pricing-low for its class
warranty
rwd
much improved quality
the turbocharged 2 liter version (i believe factory set at 10-15 pound of boost) can take up to 25 pounds of boost!
limited slip diff

cons:
no prestige
no history
1st generation, meaning a few bugs are still present
hyundai gets no respect
6-speed transmission isn't as smooth as the civic Si's 6-speed
brembos have reduced performance
the "grin" as people have already started calling it looks a little iffy
only the 26k 2.0L and 31k 3.8L track model have foglights and a spoiler. (that's why you should probably wait for the r-spec because it's only 1700 dollars more than the base model and has the track model's performance/appearance package)
Old 03-02-2009, 03:05 PM
EV guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter
they don't have to prove it's a cool car, it's already been proven cuz rhys millen already customized one to use as his red bull drift car.
too bad the r-spec hasn't come out yet. it's 3000 dollars LESS than the track model. (it gets rid of a few luxuries like bluetooth, making the car lighter, but it includes the exact same performance packages that the track model has)

i'm gonna wait a while before deciding to get one because although the base model is respectable, it doesn't look as good as the track model, which costs 26750. the r-spec will have the same spoiler and wheels, and is 23750. it's gotta look good as well as run fast.

hyundai has really upped their quality from when they first started making cars, although a korean review didn't give the genesis coupe a good rating...said the v6's balance was off, the v6 model got unstable over 110mph(their cars didn't have the spoilers on them), and the traction control was really intrusive if left on. they also found that the brembo brakes' pads were smaller than normal brembo pads, making the brakes not as strong as standard brembo brakes on other sports cars.
true about hyundai not proving anything but it shows dedication for Hyundai for going forward with this sure it may not be perfect but maybe in a few years (2nd gen coupe) it maybe closer to the Si territory.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:44 PM
drifter and engineer

what?! it's above Si territory. you know why? it's about the same weight, both have 6 speed both get a lsd, but the genesis has 10-15 more horsepower and let's not forget rwd means it has better handling balance.

and it costs the same too.
and it doesn't have the ricer reputation because it's a new car that people haven't riced beyond recognition
Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Elite member

Even tiburons are not rice.90% only put rims and a carbon fiber hood.If we have money a super charger or turbo plus the Genesis is solid while the Si will feel like a tin can.

Last edited by bosco72; 03-03-2009 at 09:21 AM..
Old 03-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
You guys don't know what your talking about Hyundai makes very reliable cars. They originally shared a lot of technology with mitsubishi, now they make most of their own stuff. However the mitsu influence is still there they make really good cars. I have never owned one, but I did learn how to wrench on them.
You know, I would have to agree. The hyundais don't seam to weather well, the paint fades quicker the interior trim goes all south, etc....but I have seen quite a few that've ran forever with little to no problems. I think their obstacle is the fact they keep the same cheap styling as everything else, and they should put more R&D on keeping them aesthetically appealing, when you see a faded up, torn car you think it isn't mechanically sound.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:18 PM
drifter and engineer

well, the stock genesis IS turbocharged at around 9-10 pounds. it can take 25 pounds of turbo pressure, so getting more power is much easier because you're not putting a whole new turbo setup on an engine, just swapping the turbocharger,some of the piping and pressure controls/regulators (BOV, turbo timer, etc.)

a lot of cars look really beat up, but they run just fine, and they still are reliable.
hyundai just gets a bad name because it's not a really interesting brand (until the genesis coupe reaches everyone---and the r-spec is even better: only 1750 dollard more than base and it's got all the performance upgrades that the track version has)
Old 03-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
I know certain R7R members that strongly disagree with that statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco72 View Post
Back in the day Honda and Toyota had a bad name.
I had problems with my 2003 tib.That was the first year that the V6 came out.After 2 years fighting with the company they gave me a 2006 and no problems at all.I like the look of the tib but the genesis is RWD and 300 HP.
Back in the day when?
Honda won people over with the ever reliable civic and the ever good gas milage...
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 03-03-2009, 09:05 PM
drifter and engineer

back when honda and toyota first started to sell cars in america. that's when. people hated "jap crap" because it wasn't made by the USA. now look at how we're saying that the korean makes are crap. i think it's the same situation. just at a different time.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:08 PM
Elite member

When they first came out no American wanted to buy over sea cars.Do you know why Honda & Toyota last so long.Every time you go to the dealer for service they want you to change everything on the car.I have no problems with my 06 Tib.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I know certain R7R members that strongly disagree with that statement...

Back in the day when?
Honda won people over with the ever reliable civic and the ever good gas milage...