Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 09-13-2006, 08:59 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (-1)
Send a message via AIM to oddryu Send a message via MSN to oddryu Send a message via Yahoo to oddryu
Default Ford, Dodge, and Chevy

Do Fords(or also known as found on roadside dead, fixed or repaired daily) really suck? People keep telling me the they suck because they are foreign made? I know Chevy only makes 10% in foreign countries but what isnt made in other countries today? and what about Dodges?
Old 09-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

well, considering that the parts for all makers of cars are mass produced in other countries, wether its foriegn or not has nothing to do with how crappy they are, but fords do suck because they don't have as good trannies or electrical as chevy the supreme auto makers.
Stage2 drift motor
locked diff
six cell/8 cell/ stretched gen 1 FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!

Im totally baked right now!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Banned

Chevy all the way
Old 09-13-2006, 09:57 PM
DragOreoCar

I would say Dodge. They have the fastest production truck in the world as it stands right now!!! A Dodge Ram SRT-10 Viper engine V-12, all power no play! But the ford stands for Found On road DEAD! or the other way... Ford Sucks, Chevy is ok... Dodge is the best! I do not want to start a flame war but if it happens someone please stop it. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

FORD! Actually FORD doesnt stand for anything, its a last name its not abreviated for anything. Also Chevy blows, they have had the same style in their ****ty trucks for like 10 years, their turning radius blows. And ford has outsold them in trucks 28 years straight. Case closed.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:07 PM
DragOreoCar

One thing Black... The Dodge sign isn't a lettering of DODGE it is a RAM you know like a mountain RAM... Plus Fords suck on their power case closed once again!
Old 09-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Banned

On their power? Dude dont start talking **** when you dont even know **** about cars. Thanks. Look at you "Its not a Dodge sign its RAM" Dude stfu.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:12 AM
Seriously?

Trader Rating: (6)

i read in last months playboy (ya i have a subscription and do read the articles )

That 90% of a 2006 toyota siena parts are made in america and canada

Whereas only 65% of a 2006 ford mustang are made in america and canada

WTF exactly

Current cars: (in storage, erm 'in the garage')
Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger
Old 09-14-2006, 06:31 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

All automanufacturs suck equaly. But gm does tend to get better on gas. As for chevy trucks the last major chassis change was this year and before that was mid 1999. The power train is always changing from the old small blocks with TBI to the central port multiport in the early 90s, around 99 with the new body style they also went with the new LS2 based blocks 4.8 5.3 6.0 with the new external multiport injection.

Ford a dodge have also had lots of changes over the last ten years.

But as I pointed our chevy has not been selling the same truck for ten years.

GO TO SCHOOL
Old 09-14-2006, 09:38 AM

Default Dodge

Why is the dodge viper one of the best and most wanted cars in the world?
and why is the charger called the drag king in germany?
I think that dodge and chevrolet are tough enough to kill a ford mustang gt or a ford gt!
I just think all american v8 and v10 cars are great!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:44 AM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was a question of reliability, not speed. also...this isn't just about trucks, the big three domestics make more cars than just the trucks.

blacksky: you're points are completely irrelevant. just cause they haven't changed the body style, doesn't mean they're not reliable. all fullsize trucks have a crappy turning radius, so one's comparable to a large battle ship, and the other to a small aircraft carrier....they both suck. and sales have no bearing on anything. just cause more people got suckered into buying them before, doesn't mean they're any good.

the domestic vs import question isn't a matter of where it's made, but where/how it's engineered. American workers have no trouble making a quality product, but apparently, they can't design it.

in my experience. fords have an unusually high likeliness of catching on fire. I've only known 3 people to ever have a car spontaneously burst into flames, 2 of them were fords, the other was a 70s triumph.

we have a caravan....160k miles and we're now looking at our second tranny rebuild. that's just the tip of the iceberg.....I hate mopar.

my buddy has an early 90s Caddy, it has 380k miles (that's not a typo!!) on it, and the tranny just went out. it's a bit on the rusty side, but we're doing a 5-speed swap into it, and fixing up the rockers, and it should kickass!!

if you do get a GM, however, avoid the 305! that is not a very good motor at all!

bottom line, go to a junkyard. There's one near my parent's house that we go to alot.

GM section: LOTs of older cars with lots of parts still left on them.

Mopar section: virtually every FWD car there, has had it's tranny pulled (among other things), or it's obviously not worth pulling.

Ford: newest cars on the lot (i.e. first to die) lots of parts missing, rarely a pattern to it.

Imports: wide range of years, no predictable pattern of missing parts (unless it's a honda....wow), except headlights/turn signals. most of them are either rusted out or crashed.

if you want to know which way to go, find the bluebook value on the car you're looking at, and comparable competition. same year, options, mileage, condition, and see which one's higher. that's a pretty darn good start

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC
Old 09-14-2006, 03:02 PM
Banned

it all about opinion and preference, my dad was a manager at a Ford dealership for 10 years.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:11 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to atruebudfan Send a message via MSN to atruebudfan Send a message via Yahoo to atruebudfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSky909
FORD! Actually FORD doesnt stand for anything, its a last name its not abreviated for anything. Also Chevy blows, they have had the same style in their ****ty trucks for like 10 years, their turning radius blows. And ford has outsold them in trucks 28 years straight. Case closed.
Sorry not next year, New truck

And Ford is falling fast. might not even be a Ford by 2010. The only thing that is keeping them afloat is the F-150 and the Mustang.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:11 PM
Advance member

we had a 73 ford f250 and we drove the sh*t out of it and it never broke and that thing could pull but my neighbor has a 2002 ford super duty and he says its a peice of **** and it got stuck in 3 inches of snow
Old 09-14-2006, 06:28 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I have to disagree on the 305 statement They are just as good as the 350s, they do have less power but a lot of the parts are the same, as with the 4.3s, I've had a few of the above over the years and they are all about the same as far as reliablity goes.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via MSN to RodsRUs Send a message via Yahoo to RodsRUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragOreoCar
I would say Dodge. They have the fastest production truck in the world as it stands right now!!! A Dodge Ram SRT-10 Viper engine V-12, all power no play! But the ford stands for Found On road DEAD! or the other way... Ford Sucks, Chevy is ok... Dodge is the best! I do not want to start a flame war but if it happens someone please stop it. Thanks.
you ******* its a V-10 notice the srt..10!!!!!!!!!!!!
It all depends on what you want
I personaly think i that all older carb engines are about the same dodge chevy ford dosent really matter
and now adays manufactures have about the same 160,000Km warenty
but its really all on what fits you
BUT her a generlization
gas- chevy has a nice line up and a quite a few engine slections but dodge has the most powerful stock engines with their new hemis ford isnt doing to bad either with the mustang and their 5.0's but trannys are a whole diff story at work we ALWAYS get new dodges with tranny leaks and fords just arnt as strong as chevys
diesel- most ppl think DODGE when they hear diesel BUT after about 260,000+ they still run but lose all their power Im not sure how the new fords are but they seem nice and no complants form ppl that come threw my work and chevy has the most useable torque and haul *** down the road. Trannys HANDS DOWN ALLISON!!!!!! all chevy diesels have them and IM just goin to leave it at that
ohh and Im a chevy boy
2300 mAh's power
Body lowered over chassis
-Custom 04 wide body mustang-Work In Progress
http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=15437
C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N-R-A-C-E-R
Old 09-19-2006, 09:20 PM
Banned

Default nah

I think chevy is the best. all american. They were made here so they are made for the environment welive in. All other foreign company's don't know hwta it's like. dodge is ok(good like a chev.) but fords arent good at all. Its true...have ui eav seen a chevy stuck on the road no! only ford.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Stage 1 member

FIRST ON RACE DAY
FREE OF ROAD DEBRIS

And for a fact sorry ford is domestic they are made in the USA
Old 09-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanBrandon
FIRST ON RACE DAY
FREE OF ROAD DEBRIS

MY MAN!
Old 09-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (-1)
Send a message via AIM to oddryu Send a message via MSN to oddryu Send a message via Yahoo to oddryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanBrandon
FIRST ON RACE DAY
FREE OF ROAD DEBRIS

no they aint