Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default Good god, another one? 1996 Formula, 6spd

Story time.

2 weeks ago was one of the largest music festivals in the US, Austin's South by South West, or SXSW. I volunteered for it in exchange for the 700 dollar pass to everythang. I took advantage of this pass Friday, and went out to a great concert.

I leave around one to go find something to eat. I missed my turn thanks to a bike-cab using the right turn lane, but no biggie, the road I'm on will get me to the same place. So, I'm on this bridge and doing about 40 when a guy walks out into my lane, spreads his arms and legs wide and blocks it... Laying on the horn, I bring the Jeep down to a stop. And I'm ****ed. The guy comes to the passenger side window and starts *****ing at me, and maybe 5-10 seconds after I had stopped, BAMP. I was rear ended by a girl who tried to change lanes. In the end, good thing she didn't, had she made the whole lane change, she would've hit the guy.

The Bimmer was ****ed right up, it had gone under the Jeep, so far as to wrap the exhaust pipe, which is normally straight back, around the tire. In the end, he was arrested, and we swapped info. The Jeep drove home and her car was towed. With more looking, the exhaust was royally kinked up over the axle, shock was bent from the exhaust pipe being shoved against it. The actual bumper (what sits behind the plastic bumper you see) had taken most of the hit, as did the hitch. The plastic bumper was bent up some, tail gate was twisted up, I could stick my whole hand in some of the gaps.

Well, they totalled it. And I got enough to buy THIS.

And it came complete with the uncomfortable, but kind of badass/cheesy:

Needless to say, I'm not too unhappy about this. 1996 Firebird Formula (Trans-Am, with the V6 body work, lighter weight too), 285 hp LT1 V8, T56 6spd, 95,000 miles, and a fresh motor. It's fun.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 04-01-2011 at 01:06 PM..