Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via MSN to Spoon_Tuner

Me and xmod4life have come to the conclusion that the newer skeleton gray chassis's are better then what they use to be.

But yes the blue and grey chassis better. But if you arent crashing and overtighten your screws your stock chassis will last a little bit longer then the average one.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Clear = BAAAD. I bought a gray and blue bucket just for when my clear gives out on me.

Don't bother with ceramic bearings or ceramic ball-diff until you race WORLD class. There's absolutely no point in using them before that.

Tell me, if you used the xmod LED kit, do you have the throttle dimming or not and how did you connect it to the Z? Also, how does it affect your runtime?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Mini-Z Drifter

Trader Rating: (8)

I haven't used the Xmod lights kit. I bought the light kit from Atomic Mods. I have that mounted underneath the ep. The lights are now constantly on. I have to take the batteries out when I am putting it away.

Has anyone tried the Xmod lights kit in a Mini-Z? Do they work like they do in an Xmod?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
Clear = BAAAD. I bought a gray and blue bucket just for when my clear gives out on me.

Don't bother with ceramic bearings or ceramic ball-diff until you race WORLD class. There's absolutely no point in using them before that.

Tell me, if you used the xmod LED kit, do you have the throttle dimming or not and how did you connect it to the Z? Also, how does it affect your runtime?
Probably because you crash at high throttle, have overtightened screws and just too hard on it. Thats some pretty good reasons why it would give out on you. Treat it good and it will last you awhile. When I bought the Evo X ready set which is getting to about a month and half now. I have done numerous tear downs of my chassis and not there is not a single crack or broken piece on it. Im not even driving on RCP half of the time. You have to be careful!

I have ceramics, and I am not in the racing WORLD class. There is a point to them and that's superiority over all regular ball bearings open or shielded.

I dont think SkylineLvr is looking to race quite yet, but it doesnt matter to me because its his decision on what he buys and the way he upgrades his Mini Z

Last edited by Spoon_Tuner; 02-18-2009 at 11:06 AM..
Old 02-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

I'm not gonna be racing anytime soon, but I do want to get the best parts for my car. I am setting up my car as if I was going to be entering into a world class tournament. Of course this will take some time seeing as parts aren't free and they don't grow on trees
Old 02-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Advance member

Hey we think alike...

I said it before the ceramics you could never go wrong with those. Had mine for about two years now and they are still just like when I bought them. The ceramics and some type of titanium swingshaft are two really good things to have.

I'll let you know when my tree's start growing Mini Z parts for free!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

hmm.. i thought the r35 skyline was the same as an infinity g35.. or is that only in japan?

www.myspace.com/drugsurbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by my co-worker View Post
Nobody out do's me!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

The G35 in Japan is a Skyline. I don't believe it received an R3? title. The new Skyline GT-R R35 is different then the G35 and G37
Old 02-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Modifier

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

G35 was like '07 Skyline without a particular designation.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

hey they actually just came out with the xmods r35 instead of the mini-z but im stating to like the mini z version because its much more detailed
Old 02-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Advance member

excellent...picture of the min-z, the pictures are worth a thousand words....now I begin to see all the rage is about when comparing to the Xmods
Old 02-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Modifier

Yea, ASCs are really like 1/28 models that double as racing bodies. My only real gripe is that given their looks its a shame destroying these in races. Also that painting these is utterly pointless since the finish is so good given you can't get a blank one.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

Just a little update for now. I got some new fets in the mail today. They are the 8858's which I hear are the new bad boy fets. Gonna do a 2x2 stack. I plan on getting a new motor soon. Looking at the Atomic Chili right now. Might go with the T2 to save money, but still researching. I'll keep you guys posted
Old 02-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon_Tuner View Post
Yeah all of the Mini Z's these days have the circuit breaker on them.

They call those the "revised" motors.
Not as of recently. Nice chassis man!
Any plans on the motor?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

I was thinking about an Atomic Chili or Atomic T2, but I think I am starting to lean towards an Atomic Stock R Evolution. They are all powerful motors, so I think the Stock R will be a good motor for me. Eventually I want to get the Chili and feed my need for speed.

But right now my Z is on the self. I lifted a pad trying to upgrade my FET's, so my board is being sent to Action B to get fixed. I hope he's able to fix it, or I need to find a new board.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

Great news everyone. Action B just sent me a text and said he was able to save my board. I am very grateful to my new friend. Now I can focus on doing some upgrades. I've sold a few of my Xmod stuff, so I have a few bucks to spend. Expect a lot of updates in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll be getting an airbrush and painting my GT-R body.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

Just a small update for now. I ordered some ceramic bearings and a front and rear stabilizer. Will hopefully get them by Saturday. I was considering some cheaper bearings, but finally gave into getting the ceramics. Next up I will probably get a new skeleton chassis and a motor. Still debating on what motor to get. I have a 2x3 stack of 8858 fets, so I'm not too worried about frying my board.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:23 AM
Mini-Z Drifter

I ordered some more parts for my ride. I ordered the Atomic Stock R motor, Atomic Aluminum Heatsink w/ plastic air vent, a set of aluminum motor mounts, and 3Racing Heavy Duty AWD Swing Shafts. Still got a lot more I want to get, but out of money for now. Sometime next week I'll be able to post some more pics

Last edited by SkylineLvr; 03-10-2009 at 06:13 AM..
Old 03-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Mini-Z Drifter

I got my board back from Action B yesterday and got it installed on my chassis. Everything works great. I had a little problem w/ the potentiometer wires. One came off and I soldered it to the wrong connection. Was causing the servo motor to go crazy. Finally after an hour or 2 I realized that the wires were crossed.

I had to cut out a spot on the top cover for the fet's so that the cover would fit. I almost broke the cover, but it's alright. I'm gonna be getting a new chassis for it eventually. I will be a little more careful when I cut into that one.

P1000408.JPG

I should be getting everything I ordered next week. It sux though cuz I have to work 12 hour shifts all next week. I'll try to post some updates if I have the time
Old 03-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Mini-Z Drifter

I got my ceramic bearings and F&R Stabilizers in the mail yesterday. I haven't installed them yet. Was too tired after work. Not a really major update (at least visual wise), so not sure if I will add pics or not. Should get the rest of what I ordered in the next few days