Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Nitro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)
Default T-Maxx VS. Redcat Volcano SV Pro

Ok I havnt had a nitro car for about 1 1/2 month now, and i have no idea when i will be able to buy my new savage. So i thought in the mean time i will buy something i can play with.

I know well enough not to buy cheap nitro cars or trucks. So i was looking for something considered more "inexpensive" $250-$375.

These are what i found:

Brand new Volcano SV Pro from an authorized Redcat dealer. Which means i would get a warraty and i would know that I could break in and run my car how I normally do which is properly and i wouldnt ruin it by doing stupid garbage.

I however do not know if i should buy and avalanch XP instead of the volcano, its a biger scale and has a bigger engine, but somehow i seem to like the volcano the more i read...

I guess for this one im wondering more about Redcat as a company and their products, for example i know their ones to have a great help team over the phone or W/e. So i think that they might stand behind their product...

A used T-maxx for 250$, here is the posting on craigslist:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/tag/626938322.html

I emailed the guy for more information (specifically):

-Condition
-pictures
-year
-any damages
-some other stuff i cant remember...

Ill post the email when i receive it but for now, im in a tough spot, cause i really dont know what im going to get my self into with the engine when i buy used, especially for $250...

Feedback?

Last edited by meme405; 04-02-2008 at 12:22 AM..
Old 04-02-2008, 07:42 AM
XMS Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

If your not stuck on a 4wd i would say look in to this one on ebay 320234756223.Its a brand new jato 3.3 for 299.99 free shipping rtr i got one off him a little slow on shipping but he tells you in the auction about it.They are fast and fun.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

i have a redcat volcano, it's a good truck but the dogbones bend really easily, otherwise i can't complain about out, i think xmodifyer has one also. if you get the warranty and all i say go for the volcano, it performas just as good if not better than the t-maxx.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Me, I would go with the Volcano because it is new. With buying used, you never really know. Plus does your LHS have T-MAXX Parts(what am I stupid? Almost all of them have parts for T-MAXX. lol ) Suicide_star, got any pics? I don't think I have ever seen one before.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:57 PM
XMS Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

Here is one on ebay brand new volcano for 199.99 buy it now 200210665947
Old 04-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Xmod Expert

I wouldnt be buying off ebay...i like to see what i purchase as well as i knwo the guy thats a redcat dealer.

I am not interested in the jato because its more of a speed car, not a real offroader, i do want 4wd.

And remember guys i would be getting the PRO model, all aluminum, and an infinity engine, as well as some other minor differences...
Old 04-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Xmod Expert

Guy for the T-maxx got back to me but i never updated this thread, I could still used feedback, about the volcano, cause im pretty sure im going to get that.

Either way here is the email about the t-maxx:

it's about 3 years old, the engine was replaced last year.needs nothing replaced, runs great, all you need to run it is a glow plug ignitor and fuel
Old 04-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (11)

i myself have an xtm x-cellerator. these lil machines are super fast and easy to tune not like the savage(which is harder). well anyway it is inexpensive and is super fun, u guarantee(sp?) u that. and its just only 250!!
http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/145610.asp

another one is the hppi firestorm. this truck is also very awsome and very cheap, only 261!!!

http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/261445.asp

also the stampede is an awsome truck. i think xmodracer1 has this truck and from the looks of it he loves it.. also inexpensive.(271!!)
http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/629171.asp

HOPE THIS HELPS!
Old 04-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Xmod Expert

Firestorm and stampede are 2wd, price goes up from there...And yours looks like a buggy, how is it for the tough stuff...? Im gonna bash the crap out of this thing. Probabaly worse than my savage...and that thing is crazy...