Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-08-2010, 05:43 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (3)
Default $1 mil contest to figure out Toyotas problem

I just had to post this, I find it hilarious. Apparently Edmunds is running a contest in which the winner is whomever can replicate the 'sudden acceleration issues' Toyota has been having, with a prize of one million dollars.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/06/e...n-accelerat%2F

I mean c'mon, I know this isn't sponsored by Toyota, but they have to have at least approved the contest or Edmund's could never have used their name for a contest. Toyota can't figure out the problem, so they hope someone else can(Yes, the contest is real).

I hear that if the problem isn't solved soon, Toyota will be officially named Japans new Weapon of Mass Destruction. At which point the only person allowed to own one will be Chuck Norris, because the car would be too scared to crash.

Iran is also considering scrapping their nuclear weapon program, instead opting to give out free Toyota vehicles; They will kill people faster that way.

There's also a rumor that the next line of X Mods will all be Toyota models. This is to reduce the cost of manufacturing as they do not intend to include a transmitter, as braking, steering and acceleration are all unneeded. Instead the cars will house the old fashioned 'pull back' motors.

I also hear you will be able to buy a kit that makes them explode when they crash, sold separately.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:17 AM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

LMFAO!!!!!! thats hilarious!!!
to be honest, i think that a couple american car companies made all this up. they tried doing this to honda aswell, but failed

toyota was a #1 seller and americancompanies didnt like that, but even with wht they attempted to do, toyota is still a #1 seller
(no offense american car companies)

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 04-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
to be honest, i think that a couple american car companies made all this up. they tried doing this to honda aswell, but failed

toyota was a #1 seller and americancompanies didnt like that, but even with wht they attempted to do, toyota is still a #1 seller
What the ****?
Yeah, blame American companies, because they OBVIOUSLY rigged millions of Toyotas to accelerate uncontrollably.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:10 PM
retired xmodder

Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmikal View Post
What the ****?
Yeah, blame American companies, because they OBVIOUSLY rigged millions of Toyotas to accelerate uncontrollably.
see thats not the problem, if you read the stories, no 2 stories are the same, one says its the pedal, the other says its the carpet. I'm not saying that its all the american companies fault, im just saying that they may have something to do with it,

Also, if you noticed, its only the cars made in america that are doing this, all the ones made in japan dont have this problem

I'm just trying to rule out all the possibilities

Another thing, why is it that "all of a sudden" it started happening to a whole bunch of toyota's when they have been using the same system for over 5 years? What happen? in these past 5 years, not one single toyota had this problem, and now all of them have it? it makes no sense

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 04-08-2010, 09:01 PM
TEAM DISPLACEMENT FOUNDER

Send a message via Yahoo to mr.hotrod

its the machines rising against the humans... my cell phone is standing on the table beside me trying to radiate my mind... lol OMG its Y2.010K
fast and the furious tokyo drift mustang 100%
rsx rally car 80%
nine in the quarter100%
HMU on live folks MrHotRod1971
Old 04-08-2010, 11:46 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

i think people just see one of a million toyotas glitch and they panic and start thinking that every toyota glitches. now, there's a bad car every so often, but that doesn't invalidate all the other cars branded with the same name
Old 04-09-2010, 12:23 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
i think people just see one of a million toyotas glitch and they panic and start thinking that every toyota glitches. now, there's a bad car every so often, but that doesn't invalidate all the other cars branded with the same name
Well, I think the problem is that while the problem might only be 1 in a million vehicles, the problem is a potentially fatal one. Add in that Toyota thought they had the problem solved, then it turned out they didn't, and people have lost faith in the brand. I myself know that before this happened, Toyota was top in vehicle safety, and even with the possible flaw their safety standards are higher than most.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:35 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
see thats not the problem, if you read the stories, no 2 stories are the same, one says its the pedal, the other says its the carpet. I'm not saying that its all the american companies fault, im just saying that they may have something to do with it,

Also, if you noticed, its only the cars made in america that are doing this, all the ones made in japan dont have this problem

I'm just trying to rule out all the possibilities

Another thing, why is it that "all of a sudden" it started happening to a whole bunch of toyota's when they have been using the same system for over 5 years? What happen? in these past 5 years, not one single toyota had this problem, and now all of them have it? it makes no sense

did you take your pills today?

but seriusly this problem has been going on for awhile toyota tried to sweep it under the rug.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Elite member

the problem is clear .....toyota in-fact nearly all car builders are putting way to many electronics in things , the problem is caused because instead of a steel cable attached to a carb it is potentiometer attached to a motor attached to a brain attached to a fuel injection system

christ just stick to the good ol days stamp on the loud peddle that squirts more fuel into the engine

K eep
I t
S imple
S tupid

XMS and XMF february COTM winner
Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

owning two 'yota cruisers is actually pretty fun nowadays...
i never thought i'd say it but thank dog for the prius,people tend to get the hell out my way a bit more since the recall.
if i didn't have such distaine for her,i'd have kylie(donzii) print me up a couple of those not so subtle stickers and i would totally rock em on the back of my yoda's.
lol seriously,ever seen bruce almighty?
remember that part where the traffic parts like the red sea?
no bullchit,that happens.....
"git the fook outa the way!!bondo comin through..."
Old 04-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:

You are actually quite wrong on this(area that has been bolded.)

Toyota is currently #2 in the world, as Volkswagon passed Toyota and has claimed #1 in the world for sales of Sedans, Coupes, Cars in general, just cars. Volkswagon doesn't make Trucks.

Anyhow, on the topic with this item, the whole sticky accelerator item is in my opinion, as a theory a cover up for faulty electronics. The Accelerator probably did not get stuck, but the relay in the electrical circuit had stayed open instead of closing off the "accelerate" process.

That's right folks, I am actually saying that there was probably a problem with the ECM and not the accelerator itself.

We need to step away from computerized vehicles, and go back to carburated engines. That way, you will be able to blame the accident on a sticky accelerator.

Carburation > Electrical based vehicles.

Anyhow, good luck to anyone who attempts to get a sticky accelerator to win the $1,000,000.00.

Blade.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:21 AM
p0ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post

Carburation > Electrical based vehicles.
I can totally understand drive-by wire being an unwise development but carb over fuel injection That's alittle primitive.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:06 AM

if you have ever driven a car daily for a few years in an area that has four seasons. you would truly understand why fuel injection is a bizziolloongons better the carbs.

FYI

FUEL INJECTION MAKES MORE POWER!!!!!!!!

But fly by wire is not a bad thing. GM has been using it for a long time with no problems like this.

I agree with a software ghost or skewed sensor. Hell it could be lot of things. Like an A/C pressure switch, P/S pressure switch, crank sensor...
Old 04-11-2010, 12:21 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
if you have ever driven a car daily for a few years in an area that has four seasons. you would truly understand why fuel injection is a bizziolloongons better the carbs.

FYI

FUEL INJECTION MAKES MORE POWER!!!!!!!!

But fly by wire is not a bad thing. GM has been using it for a long time with no problems like this.

I agree with a software ghost or skewed sensor. Hell it could be lot of things. Like an A/C pressure switch, P/S pressure switch, crank sensor...
I live in an area with 4 seasons and I prefer Carburation over EFI anyday. I can actually get more power out of Carburation than EFI, with the help of my father that is.

We probably get a hell of alot more snow then what the U.S.A.(except for Alaska) gets. Northern B.C. baby, come eat some fresh powder that buries your house in 2 days.

But anyhow, I prefer the feel of a vehicle over pushes on the accelerator, having it go by some sort of sensor, relaying it too the ECM, then having that relay to the injections and blah blah blah etc.

I would and will forever stand by Carburation, however that is only me, and that is my opinion.

@ PingPong, That was my opinion on it haha. Sorry if it seemed a little confusing.

Blade.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:28 AM

carbs are for hopless romantics.

The sensitive types that love to adjust the thermo coke every fall and springs. But hey that's quality time with that carb right.