Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Nitro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to fordman239
Default custom roll cages anyone?

can anyone make a custom roll cage for me? i need it to fit an hpi firestorm 10t nitro and under the body possibly.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

what would you want it made with... im doing one for my Jato 3.3 out of 1/4" aluminum stock... i dont have pics but once i get er gas welded and painted i'll get you some pics...

TwitchyVirus
Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Banned

yes, its almost the same size. i cant send my nitro to you, too expensive, but maybe you can make one by pics? ill see when ur finished. the place that makes roll cgaes dont make um for firestorm.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

ok for a roll cage to fit under the body is pointless, do you know why???, because it will do either of 2 things, flex and hit some thing that if it wasnt under the body it wouldnt or i might catch some thing like say idk rocks can get trapped or it might bend and get at the spur gear being so close to the car its self, oh and a 3rd thing roll cages make any rc top heavy so just remember that when you go looking for one. i know im never buying one for my savage trust me, oh and if you think im lieing about all the above, i work in a hobbie shop with all nitro stuff so lol dont try saying im lieing hahahahaha but ya im not trying to be an *** or anything just warning you of the draw backs of a roll cage

edit: and dont for get added weight too so then more weight slower car, and the firestomes are kinda slow as it is lol but still fun idk how that works hahahahaha

Last edited by stang_racer; 06-24-2008 at 12:28 PM..
Old 06-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_racer View Post
ok for a roll cage to fit under the body is pointless, do you know why???, because it will do either of 2 things, flex and hit some thing that if it wasnt under the body it wouldnt or i might catch some thing like say idk rocks can get trapped or it might bend and get at the spur gear being so close to the car its self, oh and a 3rd thing roll cages make any rc top heavy so just remember that when you go looking for one. i know im never buying one for my savage trust me, oh and if you think im lieing about all the above, i work in a hobbie shop with all nitro stuff so lol dont try saying im lieing hahahahaha but ya im not trying to be an *** or anything just warning you of the draw backs of a roll cage

edit: and dont for get added weight too so then more weight slower car, and the firestomes are kinda slow as it is lol but still fun idk how that works hahahahaha
my firestorm is not slow by any means, great on and off road, just looking for a protection for the chassis, when i dont drive the body.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

i can make just about anything you want but to be honest it would be a better fit if i had the or a truck to work to and as im in the UK it would cost you a small fortune to ship
sorry man

XMS and XMF february COTM winner
Old 06-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Banned

thats ok, im good. im gonna get a new body and use my current one as a basher. or ill try to fab up one myself. thanks for the offer.