Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to redrkt Send a message via MSN to redrkt Send a message via Yahoo to redrkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
And still is ford-based if I remember right too.

Yeh, this car has been on sale for quite some time, about a year ago. Just yesterday did it make it's high speed run.

Uses a Twin Turbo C5R Corvette race motor. That car has killed in the 24 Hour Le Mans, so you cant argue its not a strong or reliable motor. Especially when the C5R finished 1st and 2nd in it's class a time or two
I don't know what you have been reading but SSC has never used GM motors, The boss would rather cut off his own ***** than use a GM part.
Carroll has always been a ford man (just made a wrong turn at Dodge's door)

To coin and old phrase: "I'm from Missouri"
Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
The SSC was built by an independent company, with what they had on hand. Their able to best the Veyron in real world streets and conditions with out the use of 16 cylinders, 4 turbos, and multitudes of coolers. Its half the weight, and more than half the cost.
Koenigsegg give the Bugatti and this a run for it's money as well, on or off the track.. If the car doesn't spin out in the corner..

Quote:
It hauls ***, and can more than likely best the Bugatti in the corners. Even Lotus's can beat Bugattis in tighter courses.

Its a drivers' hyper-car.
Lotus's are among the best handling cars there are, I think Lotus would pay you if you could flip the Exige while cornering...
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 09-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Redrkt-It was mentioned LONG ago, that the SSCUA uses a twin turbo C5R motor in it. Use google, and check for your self. C5R, is the C5 Corvette Race car. And yes, its a GM motor, wha'd'ya know? GM motor in the SSC

And I doubt anyone would rather cut off their dick about a motor.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 09-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to redrkt Send a message via MSN to redrkt Send a message via Yahoo to redrkt

Quote:
Redrkt-It was mentioned LONG ago, that the SSCUA uses a twin turbo C5R motor in it. Use google, and check for your self. C5R, is the C5 Corvette Race car. And yes, its a GM motor, wha'd'ya know? GM motor in the SSC

And I doubt anyone would rather cut off their dick about a motor.
Thats funny, even the SSC website says nothing about using a C5R motor.
As for knowing what the C5R is...... I have probably been into racing longer than you have been alive, My uncle raced a C3R back in the '60s, and if you look at my website you will see that I have pictures of the new C6R on there that Corvette Racing is running this year.
Now back to the topic at hand, as I stated NOWHERE on the SSC website is the C5R mentioned. One other thing, SINCE the Aero is a Custom built car the motors are also custom built.
And you need to check your history, Carroll Shelby HAS never run GM products.

As for the last statement, obviously you have never been to a NASCAR race and gotten into a debate about motors, cars, or drivers have you?
Old 09-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrkt View Post
I don't know what you have been reading but SSC has never used GM motors, The boss would rather cut off his own ***** than use a GM part.

To coin and old phrase: "I'm from Missouri"
Quote:
Thats funny, even the SSC website says nothing about using a C5R motor.
As for knowing what the C5R is...... I have probably been into racing longer than you have been alive, My uncle raced a C3R back in the '60s, and if you look at my website you will see that I have pictures of the new C6R on there that Corvette Racing is running this year.
Now back to the topic at hand, as I stated NOWHERE on the SSC website is the C5R mentioned. One other thing, SINCE the Aero is a Custom built car the motors are also custom built.
And you need to check your history, Carroll Shelby HAS never run GM products.
As for the last statement, obviously you have never been to a NASCAR race and gotten into a debate about motors, cars, or drivers have you?
If I remember right he did use a GM motor in the shelby series 1 so you are wrong redrkt. but other wise he has went with fords all along except for a time with dodge when he worked on the viper, and make shelby omnis and daytonas.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:33 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I don't know what they use for an engine but I do know this "Shelby Supercars, LLC is in no way affiliated with Carroll Shelby or Shelby North America." I found that on the SSC web site.

I take that back for sure the 2004 used the C5R engine. http://www.supercars.net/cars/2952.html so booya

Also know one custom builds a engine from scratch. Do you know how much all the tools, dies, casting equipment and so one would cost? Just to build one engine for one car, I don't think so, all super cars are backed by a major manufacture for their power train.

I'm not big into the racing scene. But I do know way more then I would like to about cars.

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 09-19-2007 at 06:46 PM..
Old 09-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

For god sake, use Google, and READ. SSC does use the C5R's 6.2. Get with it.

Even in NASCAR, manufactures have next to 0 real influence on the cars. Even the parts they do provide are strictly controlled by NASCAR. And yes I have gotten into debates about motors, cars, and NASCAR. No one is cutting off their dick about a motor. If they do, they deserve to become a woman over such blind stupidity.

You do realize SSC and Carrol Shelby have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER. Way to go Mr Race car man. Way to go...

Nothing against ya, but if you want to debate me about cars, lets get stuff straight so it doesnt goto a ****ing match.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 09-19-2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
For god sake, use Google, and READ. SSC does use the C5R's 6.2. Get with it.

Even in NASCAR, manufactures have next to 0 real influence on the cars. Even the parts they do provide are strictly controlled by NASCAR. And yes I have gotten into debates about motors, cars, and NASCAR. No one is cutting off their dick about a motor. If they do, they deserve to become a woman over such blind stupidity.

You do realize SSC and Carrol Shelby have NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER. Way to go Mr Race car man. Way to go...

Nothing against ya, but if you want to debate me about cars, lets get stuff straight so it doesnt goto a ****ing match.
were is redrtk going with that any way, I got lost on what that has to do with any thing.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Apparently nascar nuts are willing to cut off their manhood over engine? As this sticker on the ford truck said

"Built Ford Tough with Chevy Parts"

I dont see Ford small blocks in chevy, yet the Chevy small block is about the most universal motor ever.

Even the Ultima GTR uses a Chevy motor for its record runs. And it holds the worlds fastest 0-100-0 in a production car (also available in kit) at like 9.73 (no traction control or ABS too) seconds? Id have to go look it up again. As Ultima put it, "the natural choice was a Chevy V8". Plus their getting some 700 hp n/a in a car the weight of a go cart.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Apparently nascar nuts are willing to cut off their manhood over engine? As this sticker on the ford truck said

"Built Ford Tough with Chevy Parts"

I dont see Ford small blocks in chevy, yet the Chevy small block is about the most universal motor ever.

Even the Ultima GTR uses a Chevy motor for its record runs. And it holds the worlds fastest 0-100-0 in a production car (also available in kit) at like 9.73 (no traction control or ABS too) seconds? Id have to go look it up again. As Ultima put it, "the natural choice was a Chevy V8". Plus their getting some 700 hp n/a in a car the weight of a go cart.
the reason the chevy small block is in just about every thing is cost. They are cheap to build and cheap to make power and are reliable.

ford engines are expensive to make and are expensive to mod and only they really respond well to boost.

Chevy has the upper hand in the small block department.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

And bigblock... we cant deny the 502 and 572 in drag racing. And most your aftermarket big-blocks are based off the Chevy design.

Chevy just about owns the American V8 market. With the exception of brand purist.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:26 PM
Advance member

Quote:
And bigblock... we cant deny the 502 and 572 in drag racing. And most your aftermarket big-blocks are based off the Chevy design.

Chevy just about owns the American V8 market. With the exception of brand purist.
Lets see the ONLY way you can get a 502 or 572 is as a crate motor, it is not a production line motor. ie Special Order.

I am still waiting for you to show me the proof about the C5R motor.

because none of the specs seem to match anything I have read on the C5R.

BUT, obviously you are much smarter than me, because your younger and faster!

One thing you need to remember tho is that FORD had the first V8 and that is what your V8 design is based on.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
One thing you need to remember tho is that FORD had the first V8 and that is what your V8 design is based on.
You're forgetting about Germany again, were the Otto-Motor (Four Stroke) is from! Give them credit for making this thing you guys call a car!
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 09-20-2007, 06:39 PM

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2952.html
Old 09-20-2007, 10:57 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
You're forgetting about Germany again, were the Otto-Motor (Four Stroke) is from! Give them credit for making this thing you guys call a car!
correct...although it is called the otto cycle.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
OK, it says it has a modified C5R engine in it.
Now here is another question for you,
Why if you are building a "Supercar" would you decrease the cubic inches of a engine?

The C5R is a 427 ci engine (Corvette Racing has the engine sizes for the last 3 years listed on their website)
Why would you take a international winning engine like that and destroke and detune it?

and for the purists out there an engine is mechanical, a motor is electrical.
Old 09-21-2007, 06:52 AM

Quote:
OK, it says it has a modified C5R engine in it.
Now here is another question for you,
Why if you are building a "Supercar" would you decrease the cubic inches of a engine?

The C5R is a 427 ci engine (Corvette Racing has the engine sizes for the last 3 years listed on their website)
Why would you take a international winning engine like that and destroke and detune it?

and for the purists out there an engine is mechanical, a motor is electrical.
Its very common to destroke an engine, for different applications. For example the C5R is stroker version of the 5.7 LS1. When you stroke an engine you main gain top end and low end but the crank shaft takes more abuse due to the longer strokes, so as a result your red line is lowered significantly. So lots of road coarse teams will destroke to increase their red line and to reduce crank shaft impact.

Now think about gong with boost, basically air equals rpm, if you add two turbos or even nitrous. your cramming tons of air into the plenum increasing rpm. So a destroked engine with a lower compression ratio is a good what to keep the engine from coming apart. Saving head gaskets and your lower end.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
Its very common to destroke an engine, for different applications. For example the C5R is stroker version of the 5.7 LS1. When you stroke an engine you main gain top end and low end but the crank shaft takes more abuse due to the longer strokes, so as a result your red line is lowered significantly. So lots of road coarse teams will destroke to increase their red line and to reduce crank shaft impact.

Now think about gong with boost, basically air equals rpm, if you add two turbos or even nitrous. your cramming tons of air into the plenum increasing rpm. So a destroked engine with a lower compression ratio is a good what to keep the engine from coming apart. Saving head gaskets and your lower end.
It takes more than destroking to change the cubic inches of an engine.
and reducing rpm does not allow for higher speeds. You need a combination of engine and drivetrain to accomplish this.
increasing the air pressure to the cylinder does not increase rpm by itself, you need to adjust everything else ie fuel flow rate, and timing for everything to work together.
And if this was the winning combination don't you think that Corvette Racing would be going that way instead of using the 427 ci engine?
Corvette Racing engine specs: http://www.corvetteracing.com/cars/c...ne_specs.shtml
Old 09-21-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
It takes more than destroking to change the cubic inches of an engine.
and reducing rpm does not allow for higher speeds. You need a combination of engine and drivetrain to accomplish this.
increasing the air pressure to the cylinder does not increase rpm by itself, you need to adjust everything else ie fuel flow rate, and timing for everything to work together.

And if this was the winning combination don't you think that Corvette Racing would be going that way instead of using the 427 ci engine?
Corvette Racing engine specs: http://www.corvetteracing.com/cars/c...ne_specs.shtml
that is not at all what I said, but I don't feel like playing teacher or who is a better car guy so I'm not going to bother any more.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:08 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
So Carroll's aiding in the initial design of the Viper was a wrong turn?