Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25
Default SPR is going to jail with felony charges

SPR, aka Chance has recently been discovered as a big scammer of the Subaru forums. Charges include ID theft, theft, and computer crime. He is also a registered sex offender, if anyone remembers his early time here he brought up an ex-GF being the reason why he lost his 1st silver STi, as well as his run with that girl Ash on here.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1934492 <<< The scam thread, as well as the charges and info:

Quote:
A few months ago, I was scammed (along with several other members here) by a member named "STiKindaGuy".
I was taken for an STi steering wheel, other members were taken for wheels, a turbo, and many other items which we all paid for an never received.

I took it upon myself to go after this guy and started doing some research.
I found out which chapter he frequented, posted up a notice on that forum and within a few hours got a reply which pointed me in the right direction for who this guy really was.

Armed with that information, I started sending PM's to all the other members I could find who replied to the for sale threads this scammer (StiKindaGuy) had posted, and I asked those members for some personal information which I then forwarded to a detective in this guys home town.

That detective and I worked together over the next several weeks putting together as much information as we could gather, and today I am happy to report that I received the following email from Detective Sean Lundry up in Oregon:

"I wanted to let you know that I have arrested and charged Chance Graham in relation to this case. He was charged with two counts ID Theft, one count of Theft 1, and Computer Crime. All of these are felonies in Oregon. He will most likely be going to prison for a period of time based on his past criminal convictions. He was using Riggs name without his knowledge. If you want to pass this on to the other victims in this case, by all means do so. If you have any questions feel free to call or e-mail. Thanks for your assistance"

Detective Sean Lundry
Quote:
It is important to note a few facts here as I understand them.

(1) I was a victim of this guys antics.
PayPal refunded my money and assumed my role as victim ("pro tem" for lack of a better description).
This means that PayPal (who was subpoenaed and provided evidence) will probably send a junior attorney to act as witness.

(2) The computer crimes part of the equation stems from the fact that he used a computer online to perpetrate his crimes.
This was established and confirmed because Detective Lundry subpoeaed the ISP in The Dalles Or, who then provided a direct link to this guy and presumably was able to prove that the communications and PayPal transactions happened from a specific IP addy and that IP addy happened to be assigned to Chance Grahams residence.

(3) He uses someone else name and identity to commit the crimes on more than one occasion.
That person who also lives in The Dalles will probably testify to keep his own arse outta the sling and put some distance between himself and the perp when the case goes to trial.

(4) Chance Graham (the perpetrator) is a registered sex offender in the state of Oregon and as such has a criminal record.

Knowing all of this leads me to believe that this guy is in a world of hurt right now.
We (the victims), may not even be asked to testify, as the overwhelming evidence against this guy is nearly insurmountable when you consider the facts to date.

If however I am asked (subpoenaed) to testify, then Oregon is not that far away and I would most likely take a trip up there to see justice served.

I take a lot of satisfaction in knowing that since he was scamming people out of money right before and during the Christmas holiday, that he probably does not have enough money to defend himself, and thus will have to rely on a public defender.
That in and of itself has got to be a scary proposition.

I bet he is sweating life right now, knowing that as a registered sex offender, he will not be the most popular guy in the yard, if and when he makes it to the big house.

I hope the money he got from me (paypal) was worth the anguish he must be feeling right now.
http://www.norcor.co.wasco.or.us/eagle/ICUD0041.HTM

http://www.thedalleschronicle.com/ne...02-09-04.shtml

Public records on him.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 02-17-2010 at 11:48 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

dude spr aint man enough to go to jail, there gunna pass his *** around like a bong at a strip club

someone needs to tell him to keep his soap on a rope....

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 02-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

THE CONSPIRACY OF A LIFE TIME. Fooled us all.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:44 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I'm presenting the info collected by GearheadV8, Suicide star(the criminal records), and Winner.

But who did originally find this?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 02-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

This is a very iffy thread. Keep the discussion clean, otherwise it gets locked and you get infractions...Thanks.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
I'm presenting the info collected by GearheadV8, Suicide star(the criminal records), and Winner.

But who did originally find this?
gearheadv8 i believe

Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

well, now we know where he got all those parts from...
Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

and i thought he was a loyal guy to the subie people...=/
Old 02-17-2010, 11:51 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Good. I always had a fishy feeling with this guy.

Didn't understand how he had the cash to upfront a mega build project on his Civic build thread, and not buy himself a new Subaru.

This goes to show many folk around here to watch what they buy off of people.

SPR is exactly like that Chi_Town_Baller guy. Scammers... Waste of skin.

@ Winner, I would hope someone told him, he's done for haha. His new nickname is going to be Sally, and he's handler will be named Bubba!

Lesson be taught, don't scam. There is SOMEONE out there that will get you.

Blade.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:55 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

* Please keep all personal comments to yourself, if anyone has bad trades or purchases with SPR over the past few months please PM me *

As suicide has already stated please keep it clean or the thread will be closed.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 02-17-2010 at 11:57 PM..
Old 02-17-2010, 11:58 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (19)

Great, I was wondering why I never got a response from him after I sent the money order for the ash bash sti. Now I know. Guess I have to notify the post office and go from there. This is going to be fun. Thanks for the info and if he has the charges that I am reading and goes to federal jail he will most likely spend all of his sentence in solitary confinement aka the hole for his own protection. Now weather he "checks in" or gets put there is anyone's guess.
I need alloy rims but not the rs alloy rims. If you have some you are willing to part with let me know. Paying top dollar for them and even better if they are top cad alloy rims as I will pay full price and a half for them.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:59 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

Scary, i never saw SPR as that type of guy, he seemed so nice, for those of you that bought the bodies/chassis he sold recently, did u get them?
And that does explain all those rare cars in his garage(the stang with a eleneor(how every its spelled) body.. and those other ones,

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Guys - we do not know for definite that this is the same person,
But we do know.

We know he lives in Oregon. We know his name is Chance, and I'm sure those with paypal info can verify his last name. We know he affords amazing things with no job (he's bragged about it before). We know he has a thing for underaged girls, and in the past has brought it up many times (Brags about it really). We have his mug shot, which looks just like him.

Can't say there's any doubt with the facts at hand...

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 02-18-2010 at 12:02 AM..
Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 AM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

So that explains his "end of the world" sales and stuff.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:03 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Tex if you look again you will see I have changed my post.... but still this isn't the site or the place to talk about this, if people have problems bring them to my attention and I will see if anything can be done.

DO NOT turn this into an SPR bashing thread as this site will not be held responsible for any comments made by individuals.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 02-18-2010, 12:11 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Tex if you look again you will see I have changed my post.... but still this isn't the site or the place to talk about this, if people have problems bring them to my attention and I will see if anything can be done.

DO NOT turn this into an SPR bashing thread as this site will not be held responsible for any comments made by individuals.
Sorry about that, your edit came at the same time as my post

Old 02-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Xmod Expert

b1g can you please get on aim?

Old 02-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Wow... just wow. You never think do you... I always thought he was a pretty nice guy. Well... Shoot. Reality just sucker punched me. Hope he gets what he deserves.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:21 AM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

I just wonder, is it possible that he made multiple accounts and voted for himself to win that COTM a year or so ago? IMO, his GT-R wasn't as good as the other Xmods in that competition... I dunno, just my 2 cents.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:21 AM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

LOL...nice and didnt we all kinda see something like this coming....don't play with fire kids...

Team X.I.
Closed Thread