Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

Trader Rating: (8)
Default Spare Headlights and Taillights???

Anyone have a spare set of headlights and taillights for the new Skyline GTR? I have an idea on trying something with them, but I can't use the one's I have already. I don't wanna have to buy a new body yet. Anyone have one that they wanna sell? It can used and banged up. I really just need the lights off of it.

Last edited by SkylineLvr; 02-17-2009 at 08:29 PM..
Old 02-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

you dont have to buy a new chassis to get a new GT-R you can just buy the body
Old 02-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

this is definatly the wrong place to post this, you don't have selling privlages or buying privlages 50 posts to buy 100 posts to post a new thread in the BST when you get to fifty sign out and sign in then the B/S/T will show up thanks

PROJECT DRIFTER:
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16043
Old 02-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Freedom Provider

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to XmodzICON82

like it's been said you can just buy the body...and for those who don't know the gt-r is not a skyline it's just gt-r...if you go to www.nissanusa.com you will see for yourself...sorry if that sounded mean...but good luck with finding the body or head/taillights
Old 02-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

No, it is a Skyline GT-R R35. Each version they bring out they add a number. Like the R32, R33, R34 (My personal favorite), and the new R35.

I meant to say body, not chassis

Last edited by SkylineLvr; 02-17-2009 at 08:29 PM..
Old 02-17-2009, 09:00 PM
aka xmod4life

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Kustom Send a message via MSN to Dr. Kustom

Lol, the new GT-R does not call Skyline, the new GT-R have its own class.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Agreed with Xmod4life. It's no longer called a Skyline. Or R35. 3 simple lettters. GT-R.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via AIM to coolcar24th Send a message via MSN to coolcar24th

Technically it is a skyline. It is only called the GTR here in the states. In japan for instance it is still the R35 GTR. R35 refers to the series it came out in and R35 is the newest of the skylines. BTW if you guys didnt really know the infiniti G35 is also technically a skyline. It is just not called one here in the states.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

Agreed. I hate when cars come to America and have a different name to them. The GT-R is a Skyline. Just like the 240sx is a Sylvia. Just because in America they just call it a GT-R doesn't mean that's all it is.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by himynamebebrian View Post
this is definatly the wrong place to post this, you don't have selling privlages or buying privlages 50 posts to buy 100 posts to post a new thread in the BST when you get to fifty sign out and sign in then the B/S/T will show up thanks
Actually its 50 post count when you can see the BST, and 100 poost count when you can post a thread, not a sign.

You can look on ebay, or go to xmods internation to buy just the body.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

If I see any public selling to SkylineLvr, both the seller and the buyer (SkylineLvr) will receive five infraction points. Just a warning.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 02-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Freedom Provider

the reason they are called differently here in the states is because the actual version which is in japan does not meet u.s. standards there for they strip the car down to american specs and rename it...i believe i read that on this forum...i know that the g35 is actually a skyline in another country...but the gt-r is still gt-r
Old 02-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Mini-Z Drifter

Talking

Didn't mean for everyone to get upset about me looking for some spare lights. Figure the forums would be the only places to find them other then ebay. My bad. Anyways, just 6 more posts and I can view the B/S/T page
Old 02-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Freedom Provider

for the headlight/taillights do you mean the lenses or the actual part you would put the lights into...
Old 02-18-2009, 10:27 AM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineLvr View Post
Agreed. I hate when cars come to America and have a different name to them. The GT-R is a Skyline. Just like the 240sx is a Sylvia. Just because in America they just call it a GT-R doesn't mean that's all it is.
No bro, 240sx is still 240sx if its the hatch one. Silvia S13 looks like like 90s integra than the 240sx. Sil80 is a hybrid, but still retails 240's body and can't really be called a true Silvia. S14 and 15s were silvias as far as I know, but could well have the heavier counterparts.

Donzii, can I publicly sell him a cookie?
Old 02-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Mini-Z Drifter

Found this while surfing the web. Can find more info at Wiki

"S13 -
Sold from 1988-1993 as Nissan Silvia (Same as Nissan 240SX Coupe) or Nissan 180SX (Same as Nissan 240SX Fastback).
Came with CA18 Engine (1988-89) or SR20 engine (1990-1993)
All 180SX during this period and up to 1995 were turbocharged. Only Silvia K's came turbocharged.

S14
Sold as Nissan Silvia from 1993-95 (zenki) and 1995-1998 (kouki)
Same front ends as offered in US
Came with SR20 engine only.

While the chassis is fundamentally the same, one cannot say that the S14 240sx is 'the same' as an S14 Silvia. 240SX is LHD, Silvia is RHD, different engines, far different factory options, turbocharger was completely unavailable in the US, etc."

This is not a direct quote from me, just something I found on the web.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:06 PM
Advance member

SkylineLvr

great break down of the Nissan Silvia genealogy....now do the Nissan Fairlady.....
Old 02-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Mini-Z Drifter

Default Warning! Long Post

Got this off of Wiki:

First generation (S30)

Production of the Nissan Z Car started on October 1969, with 2 separate versions: one for the Japanese market and one for the US market. The Japanese Fairlady Z featured a SOHC L20A inline-6 producing 130 hp (97 kW), while the US 240Z had a L24 inline-6 with twin SU carburetors that produced 151 hp (113 kW). A third Z, the 432Z(PS30) shared a performance version of the DOHC 2.0 liter S20 engine with the Skyline GT-R.
In Japan, the car was still known as the Fairlady to keep in line with past Nissan sports cars; Katayama fought furiously to have all American badging replaced with "DATSUN" and refused all dealers to receive cars until he had done so.

The 240Z was released in America on October 22, 1969, and became an instant hit. Combining good looks, powerful performance, and luxury features, it sold over 45,000 units through the 71 model year and over 50,000 and 40,000 in 1972 and 1973, respectively.

1974 saw the Datsun Z's engine displacement increased to 2.6 liters, bringing a name change to Datsun 260Z, as well as a 2+2 model. Despite the engine size increase, power went down to 139 in the most areas of the US market thanks to new camshafts, carburetors and lower compression in the face of stiffening emissions regulations. In other export regions the power was increased to 154 hp (115 kW).

In 1975, the Datsun 280Z was offered in North America (not to be confused with the 280ZX, which is a second-generation Z-car) with another engine displacement enlargement to 2.8 liters. A major change was the introduction of Bosch fuel injection, replacing the previous SU carbs. This resulted in a power increase to 170 hp (130 kW), enough to offset the added luxury and enlarged bumpers to meet US Federal regulations. Export markets outside North America continued to receive the Datsun 260Z until the introduction of the Datsun 280ZX at the end of 1978

Second generation (S130)
Main article: Nissan 280ZX

Nissan/Datsun 280ZX (S130)The only thing that was left unchanged from the previous 280Z was the 5-speed manual transmission and 2.8-liter L28 inline-6 engine, while the entire car overall was made more luxurious to meet growing consumer demands. Major changes for this new generation of Z-cars include t-tops, introduced in 1980, and a turbocharged model introduced in 1981, complementing the naturally aspirated (NA) 2-seater and NA 2+2 models. Coupled to either a 3-speed automatic or 5-speed manual transmission, the turbocharged model was capable of 180 bhp (130 kW) and 203 ft·lbf (275 N·m) of torque, over the 135 bhp (101 kW) and 144 ft·lbf (195 N·m) of the NA engine.

Notable models include the 10th Anniversary Edition,[1] featuring gold emblems, gold alloy wheels, and two-toned paint in either gold/red and black, with luxury features such as leather seats, headlamp washers, and automatic climate control.

The 280ZX was wildly popular, being hailed as Motor Trend's Car of the Year for 1979 and going on to set a Z-car sales record of 86,007 units in its first year. While on the one hand it received universal praise for taking the Z-car to further levels of comfort and performance, many enthusiasts also lamented the further emphasis on luxury over driving fun. This would continue with the third generation of Z-car, with a clean-sheet redesign that would take the Z-car to further heights.

Third generation (Z31)
Main article: Nissan 300ZX

Nissan 300ZX (Z31)The Z-car was completely redesigned in 1984, and introduced Nissan's new series of 3.0-liter V6 engine, dubbed the VG series. The same engine was used in the Electramotive (later to become NPTI) GTP ZX-Turbo that dominated the IMSA GTP races in 1988 and 1989. These were available in both VG30E naturally-aspirated and VG30ET turbocharged forms producing 160 and 200 bhp (120 and 150 kW) respectively, although some VG30ET powered Z-cars exported outside of the US produced 228 bhp (170 kW) due to a longer cam duration and less emission restrictions. These were showcased in sleek new wedge-shaped styling and given a new name, the 300ZX. Like its predecessor, it also proved to be wildly popular and was the second-best selling Z-car in history[2] selling over 70,000 units due in part not only to its new styling but also to even more added luxury features and high performance. When the 300ZX Turbo was released in Japan it offered the highest HP available in a Japanese standard production car at the time.[3] Much like the 280ZX that preceded it, the first-gen 300ZX was thought by enthusiasts as more GT than true sports car. It had improved handling, acceleration, and refinement on the previous model Z car, but still could not rejuvenate the original spirit of the 240Z.

Nissan made various changes and claimed improvements to the Z31 model through its entire production. In 1983 Nissan first offered the 300ZX in Japan. It was introduced in the US one year later. All US-market 1984 model Nissan vehicles carried both Datsun and Nissan nameplates. Along with the arrival of their new flagship sports coupe, Nissan launched an aggressive marketing campaign to promote the brand name change from Datsun to Nissan. The 1984 Models can technically be considered the only year of the "Datsun 300ZX". The 1984 300ZX 50th Anniversary Edition was released in celebration of the company's 50th anniversary year. It was based on the standard 300ZX Turbo, but was outfitted with every luxury feature available, a unique black interior with "bodysonic" leather seats in addition to widened fender flares, requisite badging, rear quarter panel flares, and sixteen-inch (406 mm) wheels (400 mm).

The name for the 50th anniversary edition was "black gold". For the 1985 model year, Nissan dropped the Datsun name brand for good, but the car dealers were still known as Datsun dealers. Paul Newman raced in the 1985 GT1 Challenge and won. This was Newman's 4th national championship. [5]Minor changes were made to the 300ZX including a water-cooled turbocharger, smoked taillights, and body-color bumpers.

The 1986 model saw wider flared wheel wells, and the rear quarter panels were designed specifically to accommodate factory ground effects. 1986 turbo models were equipped with an ordinary hood, markedly losing the turbo "scoop" on the drivers side.

In order to keep up with quickly aging aesthetics, another slight redesign happened in 1987, consisting of new rounded, restyled and longer front and rear bumpers, new headlights, and new tail lights. The black trim on turbo models was now a charcoal instead of gloss black, and 1987 Turbo models came with special "smoked" turbo-finned wheels. All 1987 model year turbo cars also received an upgraded manual transmission, larger and more powerful brakes, and turbo cars produced from 4/87 and later came equipped with a clutch-type limited-slip differential.

For the 1988 models, there were again a few small changes. The turbocharger was switched from the Garrett T3 turbo to a lower-inertia T25 turbo, and the engine from 7.8:1 to an 8.3:1 compression ratio in order to reduce turbocharger spool time and provide instant boost at any usable RPM. The interior aluminum accents and chrome door handles that adorned the earlier cars were dropped in favor of matching color parts. Another special edition, the "Shiro Special" (SS), was released in 1988. It was only available in pearl white (shiro meaning "white" in Japanese). The SS package consisted of analog gauges and climate controls with a black interior, stiffer sway bars, stiffer springs, non-adjustable suspension, special seats (recaro), a viscous-coupling limited slip differential, and a special front lower lip spoiler. This package had no options; all 88SS cars are identical.

The 1989 Models are identical to 1988 models, though somewhat rare because of Nissan winding-down production early in preparation for the second generation 300ZX.

Fourth generation (Z32)
Main article: Nissan 300ZX

Nissan 300ZX (Z32)The only thing that remained unchanged from the previous 300ZX is the 3.0-liter displacement, now with dual overhead camshafts and producing a rated 222 hp (166 kW) and 198 lb·ft (268 N·m) in naturally aspirated form. The big news for enthusiasts, however, was the turbo variant, now upgraded with twin Garrett turbochargers and dual intercoolers. This was good for 300 hp (224 kW) along with 283 lb·ft (384 N·m) of torque.[7] Performance varied from 0-60 times of 5.0-6.0 seconds depending on the source, and it had a governed top speed of 155 mph (249 km/h).

Upon its release, the new 300ZX became an instant hit, winning Motor Trend's "Import Car of the Year" in 1990 as well as "One of the Top Ten Performance Cars". Automobile Magazine honors the 300ZX/300ZX Turbo as its "Design of the Year" and adds it to their "All Stars" list. Road & Track names the 300ZX Turbo "One of the Ten Best Cars in the World", and Car and Driver adds it to their 10Best for the seven years in which it was in production in America. American Z-car sales reach the one million sales mark in the 1990 model year, making it the all-time best selling sports car.

One of the first few cars completely designed with CAD software, it featured a whole host of technological advancements. On top-of-the-line twin turbo models, four-wheel steering was available under the name Super HICAS (High Capacity Actively Controlled Steering). The twin turbochargers, intercoolers, and requisite plumbing left for a cramped engine bay; however, everything fit perfectly with merely the slightest of bulges. The VG30DE(TT) engine also featured dual overhead camshafts and variable valve timing.

Like previous generations Nissan offered a 2+2 model with the Z32. In 1993, a convertible version was introduced for the first time in the Z-car's history, as a response to aftermarket conversions. All 300ZXs now featured T-tops as standard, yet there were some rare hardtops (known as "slicktops" to enthusiasts) produced as well.

The 300ZX was doomed to the same fate of many Japanese sports cars at the time. The mid-'90s trend toward SUVs and away from sports cars was influential in ending production in 1996 at over 80,000 units sold. However, the biggest killer of the 300ZX was its inflated price; at its release it was priced at a little over $30,000, but in its final year this price had increased to over $50,000. This left many people questioning its value, and despite a final Commemorative Edition of the final 300 units shipped to America (complete with decals and certificates of authenticity), the Z-car was on hiatus. In Japan, however, the 300ZX lived on for a few more years with a facelift including new rear turn signal lens and chrome housing headlight.

Here is the footage of the last Nissan Z-car being built for the United States market in 1996.

Nissan 240Z Concept (1999)

Nissan 240Z ConceptThe Z-car went on hiatus from 1996 to 2002, as Nissan was not only focusing on SUVs but was also in financial trouble. Many people believed that Nissan would not live to see the new millennium, and that the Z-car would die with it. To keep Z-car interest alive, the company launched a restoration program in 1998 where they purchased original 240Zs, professionally restored them, and sold them at dealerships for $24,000.

Furthermore, Nissan launched a concept car at the 1999 North American International Auto Show, the 240Z Concept. Clearly a throwback to the original, it was a bright orange two-seater with classic swept-back styling . In addition, it was fully functioning, with the 2.4-liter 4-cylinder KA24DE engine from the Nissan Altima featuring 200 bhp (150 kW) and 180 lb·ft (244 N·m) of torque. The designers used an original 240Z to provide inspiration and the concept was created from drawing to running vehicle in only 12 weeks but critics said: it would be cool but get a new model.

The running concept, featuring a paltry 4-cylinder in the face of the Z-car's traditional 6-cylinder engines, was thought a less than a worthy successor to the line.

Fifth generation (Z33)
Main article: Nissan 350Z

Nissan 350ZWhen Carlos Ghosn of French company Renault stepped in, buying 44.4% of the company in 1999 and becoming its chief operating officer, people still had reason to believe that the Z-car would be lost in the shuffle and would never reappear again. Massive restructuring on a scale never before seen by the Japanese automakers led to such fears, among layoffs, corporate restructuring, and product management issues that resulted. Yet Ghosn surprised people after becoming CEO by telling reporters: "We will build the Z. And we will make it profitable."

Finally in August 2001, Nissan introduced the Z Concept. Much like its previous Z concept, it debuted at the North American International Auto Show and was also painted bright orange. The squat, long-hood/short-deck styling was the result of a competition between Nissan's Japanese, European, and American design studios, with the La Jolla, California studio's design being chosen. The product planners wisely decided to avoid the price problems that plagued the last few years of the 300ZX and shot for a target MSRP of $30,000 while using the Porsche Boxster as a benchmark.

In the summer of 2002, the 350Z was finally released to wide acclaim. It employed a slightly improved version of the 3.5-liter VQ35DE DOHC V6 engine found in multiple Nissan cars at the time, including the Maxima and Pathfinder. This engine initially produced 287 bhp (214 kW) and 274 lb·ft (371 N·m) torque, but in 2005 was bumped up to an even 300 bhp (220 kW) and 260 lb·ft (353 N·m). Prices started at $26,000 US, well below the $30,000 mark initially set forth by Nissan. Coupled to either a 6-speed manual gearbox or 5-speed automatic (the auto lost 13 bhp (9.7 kW) in comparison), it was available only as a 2-seater hardtop and a convertible, which was introduced in 2004. The 350Z was available in a selection of six trim packages, depending on the year: "Base", "Enthusiast", "Track", "Touring", "Grand Touring" and "Nismo." The base model 350Z, in comparison to the rest from Enthusiast and higher, did not have a limited-slip differential or a TCS (traction control) system. Touring and Grand Touring models boasted leather seats, Bose entertainment systems, satellite navigation and other user conveniences, along with Nissan's VDC (vehicle dynamic control). The more track-oriented models such as the Nismo limited edition and the earlier Track package benefited from RAYS Engineering forged wheels. The Nismo edition, released in 2007, included revised camshafts, a Nismo sport tuned exhaust, custom RAYS Engineering 18-inch (460 mm) wheels (19 in/480 mm in rear), front and rear spoilers and rear diffuser, a Brembo braking system with four-piston front and two-piston rear calipers (with 12.8 in/330 mm front and 12.7 in/320 mm rear rotors).

The 2005 35th Anniversary Edition 350Z and 2006 350Z equipped with manual transmissions received a newly revised engine, the 3.5L VQ35DE rev-up, which increased the redline to 7,000 rpm and increased power to 300 hp (220 kW). All 2007-2008 350Z models came with the 3.5L VQ35HR engine with dual intakes and a 7,500 rpm redline, which produced a power output of306 hp (228 kW).

Sixth generation (Z34)
Main article: Nissan 370Z

Nissan 370ZThe next Generation Z will be launched in 2009 as a 2010 model.[15][16] The vehicle is powered by the Nissan VQ37VHR 3.7 L (230 cu in) engine.

The 370z (Z34) is powered by Nissan's 3.7 liter V6 engine. Power output is approximately 332 hp (248 kW) with 270 ft·lbf (370 N·m). of torque. This gives the Nissan 370z a 0-60mph run of 5.1 seconds.(Edmunds) However, the car has been tested also by Motor Trend Magazine, who reported a 4.7 second run from 0-60mph with 1-foot (0.30 m) of roll out. The quarter mile stands between 13.3 and 13.4, thus making this Z the fastest production Z ever made. The 370Z is currently available with either a six-speed manual gearbox or a seven-speed automatic with paddle shifters. The six-speed manual is the first manual gearbox to feature 'synchro-rev matching,' which automatically blips the throttle to simulate heel and toe shifting.

The introduction of the 370Z brought about welcome improvements over the previous 350Z, including improved interior cosmetics and ergonomics. (The 350Z received much criticism due to its relatively 'cheap' interior design.)

Engines
The first two generations (240Z/260Z/280Z and 280ZX) of Z-car were powered by a Straight-6, (part of the L-series of Nissan engines, which powered most of their vehicles until the early 1980s) with a displacement of 2.4 L in the first incarnation, and increasing to 2.6 L and 2.8 L in the 260Z, and the 280Z and ZX, respectively.

The second generation, the 280ZX, introduced in 1979 was a complete re-design, retaining only the L28 engine and other driveline components. A turbo option was introduced, bringing performance surpassing that of the original 240Z.

The third generation, the 300ZX, switched to a 3.0 L V6. There were 2 generations of the 300ZX, the Z31 from 1984-1989, and the Z32 from 1990-1996. Both the Z31 and Z32 came in either non-turbo or turbo trims. During the 90's the cars price continued to elevate and sales continued to fall. Even a major design change in 1998 couldn't save it, and production finally ended in 1999. The turbo Z32 model still boasts the fastest production 1/4 mile time (13.8 @ 101mph), giving it the greatest acceleration and making it the fastest of any (factory trim, unmodified) Z-car to date.

In the 2003 model year, Nissan reentered the US sports-car market with the 350Z, powered by a 3.5 L V6, and styled in an attempt to create a more modern interpretation of the 240Z's lines. It had a new 6-speed manual gearbox, and is capable of over 155 mph (249 km/h).

The Z series is the best selling sports car series in history, with around 1,685,000 sold in five generations. The 240Z broadened the image of Japanese car-makers beyond their econobox success, and is also credited as a catalyst for the import performance parts industry.

The first generation of Z-car is known for unusually quick acceleration and firm handling, easily comparable to sports cars of that era such as various in-line six British racers and even the Porsche 911, but with lower purchase and maintenance costs. The most sought after are the earliest 240Zs, due to their being unencumbered with emissions regulations and powered by high-compression engines. In 1998, Nissan even offered restored 240Zs through its dealerships.

V8 conversions are popular, due to the car's unusually large engine bay, and several companies specialize in producing such conversions.[17] Many forums exist for modified cars,[18] being the major ones.

The 280ZX introduced in 1979, while maintaining a similar look and drivetrain compared to earlier models, was not as well-regarded due the addition of even more heavy accessories and emissions controls, making it less of a sports car and more of a GT (Grand Touring). This sentiment continued with the 300ZX. The first generation 300ZX, although far more powerful than its predecessors, was thought as somewhat of a luxury cruiser as opposed to a sports car despite selling in large numbers. The second generation 300ZX was much improved as a sports car and won high praise from magazines and enthusiasts alike, especially in Twin Turbo Z32 form, but later became too expensive and at odds with the affordability offered by the original 240Z.

Nissan has managed to regain the reputation of the Z-car with the 350Z, an affordable car that combines strong performance with good looks.

Sorry for the long post. I'm at work and don't have time to edit it down. Hope this helps FinalGear
Old 03-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to 614XmodMaster Send a message via MSN to 614XmodMaster Send a message via Yahoo to 614XmodMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmod4life View Post
Lol, the new GT-R does not call Skyline, the new GT-R have its own class.
In america they are only called GTR if u go to japan where it was released first u will see its called the Nissan Skyline GTR R35 Ty and have a nice day lmao
Team Accents