Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 10-05-2006, 02:46 AM
The Daywalker

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSkyline
Yea I will have to get a good job, but i plan on getting one off of eBay or Yahoo, or what ever. That is already in the US and everything is done. (Paper work, insurance clarence, etc.) I may have to get a loan but not until I know for sure that I can't get one Cheap. Now all this is gonna unfold sometime next year, but there's nothing wrong with "Pulling the strings" a little soon. You never know, you build up the "strings" and somebody may give you one, you just never know. lol

Why Can't i just run down to the dealership down the road a little ways and get an Subaru Impreza i2.8 or what ever you call it? ( the car you see on the "Quaker" Oil Comercial, were it says, "You Paid for 300 Hp., are u sure you getting all of them?") That Car, why can't I just go pick up one of those and Mod it out? Is that just as good as i Skyline? Is that what your even talking about? (Srry I'm better with the Skyline to a better degree.)

and if i do get A Skyline (Yes I want a GTR-Nur~) i do plan on upgrading to the Max. Litery speaking. But it should be able to beat ANYTHING out their. PERIOD! lol

But yea, if I can't get a Skyline, I'll get an Subaru, OR Civic (Just a thought)

It might be a year or so till i can do any of this, but i need everything and anything you guys/gurls got on the subject that could help me. So I say Thank u much. And please by all means, keep it coming. lol,

PS
an STi? yes, that'll have very similar performance out of the box, and have at least as much (if not more) potential for big HP, but you'll pay out the wazoo for it. and in the long run, it'll need an engine swap anyway. just get an older cheaper one, and start modding it. you'll save yourself $10k easily. and (unless you're getting an '08 STi hatch) it'll look soooo much better.

don't get a loan for a #^^#$$ car! I'm not one to get into other people business...but seriously, in the long run, that's a very bad idea. get a loan for college. get a good job, and then just buy a sweet car.

there's another local guy selling his swapped GC8. fully built version 8 STi block, with 680 miles on the new motor. gorgeous car, 315hp. $15k invested in the build. will probably go for less than that. This car runs sub 12s in the 1/4 mile!!!

this car, performance wise, has been built to real Version 8 STi type-RA specs, which is a car that's harder to get ahold of than a Skyline, and can certainly outperform it. AND it's got tein flex coilovers, and a built motor on that. You will NOT find a skyline in the US in this kind of condition!!!

FYI, if you want big horsepower, lots of options, and all for a decent price. DON'T get an EVO. they're arguably faster stock for stock than an STi. but you have zero engine swap options. and since everything is computer controlled, it's a total PITA to do a swap on it anyway.

IMHO, and from personal experience. if you want to do something intelligent. buy yourself a POS car (NOT a civic, get something different and weird. an old subaru would be perfect, but it wouldn't have to be), and learn to do ALL the work yourself. and then slowly upgrade the living crap out of it, one piece at a time, pick one performance characteristic at a time and change it. and eventually one of 2 things will happen. 1) you'll have an ugly @$$ car that can walk all over anything else on the road. or 2) you'll reach it's maximum potential, and you'll have to move on. at which point you can get something sweet to start with, and the sky will be the limit, and because you know how to do the work yourself, you'll save yourself tens of thousands of dollars!!!

for example. check out my loyale here: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3810
ugly @$$ wagon, but even as it sits, I can walk all over the local civic and neon guys in a straight line. and keep up with the best on the autocross AND rallycross courses. AND because it's a subaru, the sky really is the limit. I could put a 2005 STi motor in it with very little work. Tein flex, type RA, FMIC, it's all possible. the only real limitation is the rear brakes, but even those have some serious potential. and I've done everything myself, for a fraction of the cost of most anything else. for the cost of a new WRX STi, I could make this wagon at least as fast as your skyline could ever be. wouldn't that be embarrasing?!

"Where are we going, and why are we in a handbasket?"
Subaru --- All We'll Drive
Member: NSW, USC, MNS, C4C. Founder/Owner: NCC

Last edited by Numbchux; 10-05-2006 at 02:55 AM..
Old 10-05-2006, 04:50 AM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

haha, fat chance on saving 75k for the car, not to mention importing, and if u go thru motorex, ur looking at 30k plus registration costs and to make it legal here in the us (motorex does this also, but thats like another 25k, from what ive seen) so your looking at a 130k estimate, not to mention taxes, and misc fees. good luck man!
Old 10-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to bengali548

wow numbchux are you a car dealer lol and once agian SIK deal

and wow i never knew you could do that much to a subaru ... i wish i could get a subaru now lol too bad its high on gas and insurance

Last edited by bengali548; 10-05-2006 at 07:54 AM..
Old 10-05-2006, 02:12 PM
The Daywalker

Send a message via AIM to Numbchux Send a message via MSN to Numbchux Send a message via Yahoo to Numbchux

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengali548
and wow i never knew you could do that much to a subaru ... i wish i could get a subaru now lol too bad its high on gas and insurance
what makes you think that? in FWD I get almost 35 mpg on the freeway, and even in AWD, I get 25 in the city. a tuned EJ22t gets about 20....

And my '92 loyale is titled as a FWD automatic. it's got automatic seatbelts (huge discount). my insurance is not too cheap, but only because I have 2 speeding tickets, and bad grades.

EDIT: I was just reading sam's for sale thread about the above black GC8 STi.....27 mpg on the highway

Last edited by Numbchux; 10-05-2006 at 02:51 PM..
Old 10-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Seriously?

Trader Rating: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalslik
not to mention importing, and if u go thru motorex, ur looking at 30k plus registration costs and to make it legal here in the us (motorex does this also, but thats like another 25k, from what ive seen) so your looking at a 130k estimate, not to mention taxes, and misc fees. good luck man!
Actually MotoRex is no longer in business, they still have a website up which is funny. Rumors say they went out cause the president owed money and was doing some shady business with clients and giving the run around to the state highway and safety commision about the skylines being imported.

Current cars: (in storage, erm 'in the garage')
Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger
Old 10-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravevolution
Actually MotoRex is no longer in business, they still have a website up which is funny. Rumors say they went out cause the president owed money and was doing some shady business with clients and giving the run around to the state highway and safety commision about the skylines being imported.
really? haha, that sux. o well, skylines are over rated anyway, i still want one, but i wouldnt want one here in the us. if i want one, ill goto canada and get one.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Seriously?

Quote:
really? haha, that sux. o well, skylines are over rated anyway, i still want one, but i wouldnt want one here in the us. if i want one, ill goto canada and get one.
You can do that, or if ya really want one and have the money for it. You can always just fly to japan, buy one over there and import it and just deal and pay the fees to legally drive it here. I think thats what Paul Walker did for his skyline after the Fast and the Furious.

Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger
Old 10-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
You can do that, or if ya really want one and have the money for it. You can always just fly to japan, buy one over there and import it and just deal and pay the fees to legally drive it here. I think thats what Paul Walker did for his skyline after the Fast and the Furious.
i dont want to dish out 20k for a gt-r, im just gonna go for like a 92 gts. i can get one for about 5k and i can just put my money into that. and in 2 fast 2 furious, paul walker found the skyline at a used car dealership in the desert, which is not possible. on the dvd they show it in the extras.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Seriously?

Quote:
. . . and in 2 fast 2 furious, paul walker found the skyline at a used car dealership in the desert, which is not possible. on the dvd they show it in the extras.
HA HA! You actually think thats the way he bought that car Tell me your not serious?

I've seen the extras and that part is just a prolougue movie to the actual flick.

He really did purcahse and import a skyline from japan, he has said so in interviews and plus I read it on a online car magazine.

Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger
Old 10-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
HA HA! You actually think thats the way he bought that car Tell me your not serious?

I've seen the extras and that part is just a prolougue movie to the actual flick.

He really did purcahse and import a skyline from japan, he has said so in interviews and plus I read it on a online car magazine.
im talking about the movie. not in real life. i was just saying thats how the movie portrays how "brian o connor" got the car. theres wasnt just one skyline, there were 2 that actually were driven during the filming of the movie. yes, he does own one of them, but i have no clue which one, but i doubt its this one here
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...line_gt_r_r34/
i think we got confused with the charactor and the actor
Old 10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Seriously?

Quote:
im talking about the movie. not in real life. i was just saying thats how the movie portrays how "brian o connor" got the car. theres wasnt just one skyline, there were 2 that actually were driven during the filming of the movie. yes, he does own one of them, but i have no clue which one, but i doubt its this one here
http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/fe...line_gt_r_r34/
i think we got confused with the charactor and the actor
Oh ya in the movie it's portrayed that way, but I doubt someone would find a skyline chillin at a used car lot in the desert Actually that is his car in real life and they made a bunch of duplicates for the movie (like 4-5 I think).

Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger
Old 10-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
Oh ya in the movie it's portrayed that way, but I doubt someone would find a skyline chillin at a used car lot in the desert Actually that is his car in real life and they made a bunch of duplicates for the movie (like 4-5 I think).
yea, thats what i thought. i remember in the first movie they had like 10 backup supras, and like 3 chargers, they needed them for the stunts and stuff lol. nothing like destroying a nice car
Old 10-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to bengali548

i hated that about fnf theyd take perfectly nice cars and destroy them. WHAT THE HELL
Old 10-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to ZackyV

its too bad that an imported car has to be 15 years or older so i dont say it'll happen anyway
-hard suspension upgrade
-body kit
-locked diff
-drift kit
Evo 8
-body kit
-stage 2 motor
Old 10-07-2006, 02:28 AM
The Daywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZackyV
its too bad that an imported car has to be 15 years or older so i dont say it'll happen anyway
I don't think it has to be.....but it sure makes it easier!

Old 10-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to PimpSkyline Send a message via MSN to PimpSkyline

Ur completely sure you can't get one at a used car yard? Just asking cause if just by some chance i might, it would save me a bundel.

Let me kno

PS

In Stock:
69 Mustang
67 Camaro
Nissian Skyline GTR-34 M-Spec Nur (Everything,Plus 8-Cell Upgrade)
NSX
RSX
Supra (Body Kit)
Chevy Cor.

And A Really Nice KICKA** Audio System!!!!
_____
Email Me [email protected]
Old 10-10-2006, 05:41 PM
Advance member

like everyones been saying the skyline is a lot of peoples dream car the likelyhood of u finding one in a used car lot is pretty low and if u got one it is not that likely u would sell after going though the trouble of finding one. But if u are determined to get a skyline( aren't we all ) go for it just don' be upset if you don't find one or ruin you life looking for one.... but who are we to tell u this. Go for it or don't either way u may just learn something somebody was trying to tell u.

I am not good with good-byes.

Go team XMOD Garage!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to PimpSkyline Send a message via MSN to PimpSkyline

Well that may be true, but Im going to Da*n well try to find one.

PS

In Stock:
69 Mustang
67 Camaro
Nissian Skyline GTR-34 M-Spec Nur (Everything,Plus 8-Cell Upgrade)
NSX
RSX
Supra (Body Kit)
Chevy Cor.

And A Really Nice KICKA** Audio System!!!!
_____
Email Me [email protected]