Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > New Members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Guys, wanna join this sick R/C club? Its called XMS... I bet you'll never guess what it stands for

Basically, the club threads are basically miniature forums like XMS, just unorganized and section-less.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

omg! im in a club, i really am!!!! look in my sig!!! i'm specialer than you. i don't understand the whole concept of a forum club besides extra text in your sig.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:30 AM
All 6's and 7's

Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
Guys, wanna join this sick R/C club? Its called XMS... I bet you'll never guess what it stands for

Basically, the club threads are basically miniature forums like XMS, just unorganized and section-less.
regardless of what you think paco, you arent a one man army.
you cant fix the forums all by yourself and for you to close my team on top of the others is ***kin bull****.
you better close every god**** team there is on this hellhole you call a forum.
i wasnt asking for any kind of members.
i only listed people i would conscider worthy, it was completely up to them if they wanted to join.
all the others.......fahgedaboudit...

red, i used to think you were only a little close happy but now i know that your alot close happy.
anything to make yourself feel more important huh?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:34 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Bondo, he has good reasoning. He closed them all down due to the fact that there were so many clubs coming about.

I'm not sure of the idea on future plans, but he is just trying to clean everything up.

Also, the fact that you were gloating about your club thread staying open while the others got close could have had something to do with it. And honestly, how was it fair that yours stay open but no one elses did? He's only doing what was fair.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:36 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
regardless of what you think paco, you arent a one man army.
you cant fix the forums all by yourself and for you to close my team on top of the others is ***kin bull****.
you better close every god**** team there is on this hellhole you call a forum.
i wasnt asking for any kind of members.
i only listed people i would conscider worthy, it was completely up to them if they wanted to join.
all the others.......fahgedaboudit...

red, i used to think you were only a little close happy but now i know that your alot close happy.
anything to make yourself feel more important huh?
Is that what you think? How about the fact that no one else is taking any action? You're the one to talk. You're the one being all-so-godly with your paint skill mastery that you think you can just open up a thread and start rousing up a huge war against everyone you don't like.

You started off like your team was just a joke thread, but then, outlining member names only do one thing, begin a conflict, not only between you and the other members, but between you, the mods, and the whole community altogether. Are you trying to start a civil war?

Bondo, if you're so ****ed off about how crappy XMS is, then why do you choose to stick around?
Old 01-27-2008, 02:41 AM
All 6's and 7's

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
Is that what you think? How about the fact that no one else is taking any action? You're the one to talk. You're the one being all-so-godly with your paint skill mastery that you think you can just open up a thread and start rousing up a huge war against everyone you don't like.

You started off like your team was just a joke thread, but then, outlining member names only do one thing, begin a conflict, not only between you and the other members, but between you, the mods, and the whole community altogether. Are you trying to start a civil war?

Bondo, if you're so ****ed off about how crappy XMS is, then why do you choose to stick around?
ha, yeah.
i leave and so does everyone ele....
notice my lack of participation lately???
notice your active member count dropping???
really man, do you think your gonn change this crap on your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Bondo, he has good reasoning. He closed them all down due to the fact that there were so many clubs coming about.

I'm not sure of the idea on future plans, but he is just trying to clean everything up.

Also, the fact that you were gloating about your club thread staying open while the others got close could have had something to do with it. And honestly, how was it fair that yours stay open but no one elses did? He's only doing what was fair.
STFU noob.
my club was completely different as it wasnt asking for members.
i made a list of members and all they had to do was asay yes or no.
i dont even give a **** about the club anymore
its about the principals
these god**** clubs have been around for atleast a year and the day that bondo makes one, they all get closed

Last edited by bondo; 01-27-2008 at 02:46 AM..
Old 01-27-2008, 02:44 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
ha, yeah.
i leave and so does everyone ele....
notice my lack of participation lately???
notice your active member count dropping???
really man, do you think your gonn change this crap on your own?
Word.
Really, I haven't seen any other mod's do a thing!
ZX9BART was online today, and b1g was aswell.
You here seem to be the only one handling this situation.....
Old 01-27-2008, 02:45 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Red- Just to make myself feel superior, lol...

Honestly though, you can't pacify anyone by deleting threads. Asking people to take their conversations somewhere else doesn't help too much either, oftentimes club members will further develop any bad habits they've shown in public. If it really bothers you you might as well say "no clubs!" and be done with it. To be blunt, there's no real point to 95% of Xmods clubs...

Last edited by color0; 01-27-2008 at 02:55 AM..
Old 01-27-2008, 02:52 AM
All 6's and 7's

Quote:
Originally Posted by color0 View Post
Just to make myself feel superior, lol...

Honestly though, you can't pacify anyone by deleting threads. Asking people to take their conversations somewhere else doesn't help too much either, oftentimes club members will further develop any bad habits they've shown in public. If it really bothers you you might as well say "no clubs!" and be done with it. To be blunt, there's no real point to 95% of Xmods clubs...
i absolutely hate to agree with color0 of all people but hes got you by the balls.
you allowed one club so in essence, you have to allow all of them.

by deleting threads to hide the ****, your no better then chux or sky
Old 01-28-2008, 01:54 AM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ

heres the thing... we try to do ANYTHING, solve any **** issue or problem and the members are instantly on our *****, telling us that we f 'ed up or that we don't know how to do our jobs. Well **** kids, you want us to do something about it, but then you hate when we do. We try to clean up all the BS, flaming and off topic stuff in the club area of the forum and create a format that makes sense and helps keep things under control. Boo hoo, your old "club" got deleted. Big fricken deal, what did you use it for? The only worth in having a club is to organize meets, races, little contests, etc. for the members of that club where they can actually MEET eachother, face to face and take part in an activity together. Yes I do see merit in having a few specified interest clubs on the forum, but we don't need 13 of them. Most of the clubs on here had proven that they weren't worthy of being a club in the first place, immature noobish members should not lead clubs, just as much as they should not moderate.

A while back you members were sick of us mods using our moderating "powers" too much, and so we slow down a little, try to give you the freedom you guys wanted and you go and screw yourselves over and put the forum into this kind of situation again, where action needs to be taken and now you are all gonna ***** and cry about it. We all need to THINK before we SPEAK. We all need to WORK TOGETHER. We all need to STEP BACK, look at the BIG PICTURE, understand our role in that picture, and get to work at being a COMMUNITY where we support one another and build eachother up.

I would like to apologize for my language in this post, but you know what, screw it. I'm being real, I'm gonna tell it like it is. Everyone just needs to chill out for a while, do some thinking and then act in a manner that will be beneficial to the site. Thanks for your fricken cooperation.

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Old 01-28-2008, 02:02 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

I has an idea.

"Hack" the site, delete who you don't want to spam up the boards, and then "fix" the site and start with a nice new sheet of paper. A dirty trick, but it has potential.

Getting to work building a supportive community, unfortunately, has to start from the bottom up. It's kinda hard to tear yourself out of the vicious cycle when the cycle isn't even remotely under your control. I don't mean that to rag on you, but the simple fact is that the moderation situation here doesn't have any control at all over the stuff that goes on here. I don't think I've ever said that the moderation here's too strict -- just that it was occasionally misplaced. Here is the opportunity of a forum-time to clear the slate and try rebuilding the community that used to be XMS.

Last edited by color0; 01-28-2008 at 02:06 AM..
Old 01-28-2008, 02:21 AM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ

I see value in your point, and if I may, I would like to emphasize the fact that building a supportive community is not about moderators enforcing rules, nor is it about members following rules to the T. A supportive community is built from the cooperation between the members themselves, the moderators themselves, and the members/moderators together. To understand this, to see your role in this community, we ALL (yes you), need to open our eyes, step back and understand where we fit in this forum. Some people can't do this, because they are either obscenely ignorant know-it-alls, or they simply just don't give a crap. Those are the members that get in the way of community, and those are the members that whine and complain while they themselves refuse to see that they too are part of the problem. I don't care what background you have, where you are from, or what you can do with xmods, we all have a responsibility to respect eachother and understand that we are a community that needs to start acting like one.

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD