Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-03-2010, 11:43 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

I'm going to take a more practical pick.

I like this car, a 1984 Dodge Caravan, simply because of how basic and important it actually is. When's the last time you've been in a car and didn't see a minivan? Unless you live in an Amish area, the answer is probably never. Minivans are the ultimate people carriers. Take a station wagon, make it taller, turn the back doors around, throw in a more economical engine, and BOOM! You have a minivan. It's the simplicity of the thing that makes them great. So why not praise the first one?
And they have an interesting history, too. In the early 70s, Ford designers made the original model of the Dodge Caravan, only they called it the Ford Carousal. They did consumer surveys, and the results were too good to be true. American families wanted minivans. They were thrilled! They took their findings to the head of the company, who... Hated it. He fired the design team that made it. They went over to work at Chrysler, and one thing led to another, the Ford Carousal made its debut in 1983 as the Dodge Caravan, and hit the streets in '84. It's the most successful vehicle launch in history. And that's why I love it.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
I'm going to take a more practical pick.

I like this car, a 1984 Dodge Caravan, simply because of how basic and important it actually is. When's the last time you've been in a car and didn't see a minivan? Unless you live in an Amish area, the answer is probably never. Minivans are the ultimate people carriers. Take a station wagon, make it taller, turn the back doors around, throw in a more economical engine, and BOOM! You have a minivan. It's the simplicity of the thing that makes them great. So why not praise the first one?
And they have an interesting history, too. In the early 70s, Ford designers made the original model of the Dodge Caravan, only they called it the Ford Carousal. They did consumer surveys, and the results were too good to be true. American families wanted minivans. They were thrilled! They took their findings to the head of the company, who... Hated it. He fired the design team that made it. They went over to work at Chrysler, and one thing led to another, the Ford Carousal made its debut in 1983 as the Dodge Caravan, and hit the streets in '84. It's the most successful vehicle launch in history. And that's why I love it.
wtf is wrong with you?
reason why i do not like them
1. they are ugly
2. they are are as reliable as a dodge... (not good)
3. there top speed is 60mph (if you use the really expensive gas)
4. even megan fox could not make me like a mini van
5. it looks like something chuck norris would drive

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 01-03-2010, 11:51 PM
MSI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
wtf is wrong with you?
1. they are ugly
I never said they aren't. I explained why I like them. If you have a different opinion, then good for you, but I like what I like.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:54 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Quote:
wtf is wrong with you?
1. they are ugly
Why can't everyone just let someone else like a car ? What if you like Car A, but I hate it and come barreling down your throat about it, how would you like that ? Who gives a **** about what YOU think of the car HE likes. No need to come barreling down his throat about it. Just because he made that thread awhile ago and got out of hand, doesn't mean you need to hold a grudge about it or think of him differently. You say "wtf is wrong with you", now, may I redirect that question back to you ?

Those vans were never built to be fast, or pretty. How would you know thier not reliable ? Personal experience or read on the web ?

Anyways, interesting choice of car Firebird999. It's different for sure.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:05 AM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
Quote:
wtf is wrong with you?
1. they are ugly
Why can't everyone just let someone else like a car ? What if you like Car A, but I hate it and come barreling down your throat about it, how would you like that ? Who gives a **** about what YOU think of the car HE likes. No need to come barreling down his throat about it. Just because he made that thread awhile ago and got out of hand, doesn't mean you need to hold a grudge about it or think of him differently. You say "wtf is wrong with you", now, may I redirect that question back to you ?

Those vans were never built to be fast, or pretty. How would you know thier not reliable ? Personal experience or read on the web ?

Anyways, interesting choice of car Firebird999. It's different for sure.
+5 to Dontspamme ftw
+5 to Firebird999 for the car

Now, I normally don't step in to defend, but much like tex likes to call people out, I'd have to say you get your facts checked. You're not old enough to even know about how these cars did, you're basing your decision on modern dodge which has gone to crap. First of all, these cars topped out at 80mph, second, they were very reliable at the time, my family kept its 1988 model for up to after I got my license (14-15 years, 120,000miles, and only problem was the motor mounts broke at the 14th/15th year and we traded it in then).

Lastly, Ugly is a matter of opinion, and Chuck Norris nor Megan Fox are your friends.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

Sigh.... That was my personal opinion

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 01-04-2010, 12:27 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Quote:
Sigh.... That was my personal opinion
How would you know they are not reliable ? Just because their Dodge built ? So, using your logic. The 91 Corolla my family owns is unreliable because I say they are ? They are NOT solid facts because I stated them and have nothing to back it up with.

Again, how would you know they won't pass 60mph ? Even IF they don't, does it matter ? They are NOT built to be fast or sporty at all. As Kaze said, they will roll till 80mph probably without premium.

I don't think the looks of the van would matter to buyers. Theres a reason why they bought it and not have shed a few more thousand to buy something else.

Meagan Fox and Chuck Norris, they don't have anything to do with the van. I'm not entirely sure where your trying to go with that.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:18 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

My Favorite vehicle would be.

This boys, would eat your little tuners and Datsun's at the 1/4 mile.

A 440 Six Pack(7.2L)(Optional.) V8, sitting in this baby, will make you jizz your pants faster than seeing a hot chick in a wet t-shirt contest! You can pick up chicks faster in this, than your little Rice-Rocket! Get a real car.

That is my favorite Muscle, enough is said in that picture.

Now my favorite truck would be.

One of the best new-age trucks, can overhaul any item compared to a Ford. However, the only thing I would give ford trucks the efforts for, is the factor it's the worst truck ever. 5.7L's of HEMI power! There is nothing better!

However, I will be honest with you now. Get ready for the shocker of your life!

The GREATEST Station-Wagon KNOWN to MAN is....

Eat it. This bad-boy, can destroy your little Civic V-Tech Rice munchies. This Magnum, has a 6.1L V8 HEMI(Yes that's right! A f**king HEMI!) in the engine bay, routed up to your choice of a 5 speed Automatic, or 6 Speed Manual(transmission depends on which you pick.), this vehicle also does great burnouts, because it's RWD! How does your Civic compare to that? It doesn't, when this Magnum gets loose, listen for that roar to be biting at your Civic's ***! Don't mess with this Station-Wagon! Cause' the little kids in the back will be laughing their heads off at you getting smoked eh?

That's all.

Blade.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:22 AM
is awesome

Trader Rating: (5)

No more bs in this thread lol who care if the kid like a van ( def not a chick puller ) but its wat he likes.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:08 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jack3jack View Post
No more bs in this thread lol who care if the kid like a van ( def not a chick puller ) but its wat he likes.
lol hey never doubt the vans(minis you can yes but vans ya never know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
My Favorite vehicle would be.

This boys, would eat your little tuners and Datsun's at the 1/4 mile.

A 440 Six Pack(7.2L)(Optional.) V8, sitting in this baby, will make you jizz your pants faster than seeing a hot chick in a wet t-shirt contest! You can pick up chicks faster in this, than your little Rice-Rocket! Get a real car.

That is my favorite Muscle, enough is said in that picture.

Now my favorite truck would be.

One of the best new-age trucks, can overhaul any item compared to a Ford. However, the only thing I would give ford trucks the efforts for, is the factor it's the worst truck ever. 5.7L's of HEMI power! There is nothing better!

However, I will be honest with you now. Get ready for the shocker of your life!

Eat it. This bad-boy, can destroy your little Civic V-Tech Rice munchies. This Magnum, has a 6.1L V8 HEMI(Yes that's right! A f**king HEMI!) in the engine bay, routed up to your choice of a 5 speed Automatic, or 6 Speed Manual(transmission depends on which you pick.), this vehicle also does great burnouts, because it's RWD! How does your Civic compare to that? It doesn't, when this Magnum gets loose, listen for that roar to be biting at your Civic's ***! Don't mess with this Station-Wagon! Cause' the little kids in the back will be laughing their heads off at you getting smoked eh?

That's all.

Blade.
+1! pretty much i have to agree with you 100% here couldnt have said that better my self, even tho that truck would be a cummins and not that beastly 5.7L either way the ram trucks are beast, can never go wrong with a dodge, and also those magnums you could get R/Ts in awd for the year round fun
Old 01-04-2010, 02:31 AM
is awesome

Hey mini vans are great drunk mobiles
Old 01-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Quote:

That's all.

Blade.
Hey ! What about them Audi RS6's ? The RS6 is packing a 5.0L V10 biturbo sending 580hp to all four wheels via 6 speed automatic transmission. Shes no slouch going from 0-60 in 4.1 seconds. 479ft-lbs from 1500 - 6250 RPM can do that for you. No burnouts here, but she can be pitched sideways !
Old 01-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Life is like a game

this is for dontspamme with the exotics
ferrari 575 gtc
Lotus exige gt3
lotus esprit s4

my favorite luxury
bentley continental gt

fav. muscle
69' camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder121 View Post
not so secret anymore but this is so sexy i'm gonna mix spanish and english together muy=very + sexy=sexy = smexy *very sexy* but i love the version more than the stock it just looks so nice idk how to explain myself.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:06 PM
The Man

since its now changed to just favorite in general, i would like to change my answer to

the 1960 Chevrolet Impala. my dream car since i first seen one.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Life is like a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnR34 View Post
since its now changed to just favorite in general, i would like to change my answer to
the 1960 Chevrolet Impala. my dream car since i first seen one.
nice i like the 65' better idk why

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder121 View Post
not so secret anymore but this is so sexy i'm gonna mix spanish and english together muy=very + sexy=sexy = smexy *very sexy* but i love the version more than the stock it just looks so nice idk how to explain myself.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:16 PM
MSI <3

That van is just my favorite car. I don't want to drive one personally. If I ever have a minivan, it'll be a Honda Odyssey. I just like the Caravan for being the first.

Anyway, my favorites of other things:

Car (Not van):

Lotus 7. B) Any variation whatsoever is fine by me. I just like them no matter what.

Affordable car:

Honda S2000, specifically like that one. Dark grey with a hard top.

Truck:

Ford Ranger. 'Nuff said.

And a few random others I like:

(That was a great episode.)

Old 01-04-2010, 02:55 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

AHHHHHHHHHHHH TOO MUCH GT40 DECOR!!!! jk :P
some of my favorites
Imported Speed

European Tire-Smoke Machine

The Boss

Slidewayz
Old 01-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
I like the Magnums with the Charger front. Makes them look even more menacing!!

Since its not just musce cars I'd have to add a few cars

All time favorite: KITT
Real time favorit: Chevy Volt, My dream car!
Sports car: CTS-V & Pontiac G8
Big car: Chevy Caprice, 1978 and up, including up and coming one
small car: Chevy Chevette and Spark, because the 'ol Chevette gets no love!!
Supercar: Pagani Zonda F. Nothing like the overdone Veyron!
Foreign car: Ford Mondeo
Truck: Chevy Silverado
Van: GMC Vandura. We owned one when I was young. Loved that thing! Ran for I think over 200,000 miles.
SUV: Chevy Tahoe and Chevy Equinox
Favorite car maker: GM/Chevy! Only 2 cars listed arent Chevy's.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

1969 Corvette L88

Why? It's extremely under-rated, and it was like that due to emissions reasons. Factory claimed 425hp, but when put on the dyno it made around 600hp. Also, very few were made.. and most were track only, it might have been a year specific number but only about 20 were produced for the public.

This was the race version.

Love love love this car.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:50 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

ZOMG MY DREAM CAR: :-p be jealous

here are some other i love:

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶