Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2010, 03:02 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)
Default 40th anniversary edition 370Z

So recently at the Vancouver international auto we ended up buying a 370Z.

Its a 40th anniversary edition has a full load on it with a 6spd manual w/ sport mode which synchros the revs as you shift. Its pretty sweet to drive.

I currently use it as my daily driver since my truck uses to much gas and my moms car is too girly. we will see how long i can hold off teaching my sister standard till she starts driving it. Oh well if i can hold her off for another 6 months i might be able to swing a GTR...

Pics:

A few other goodies:

This is why i want a GTR i have three friends who have them and a friend who has one on order. they have two dark grey ones one bronze one and a red one on order, if i get one it would be painted a matte lambo blue... Well see though...

Thats me... note the phillies hat...

Old 06-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I got nothin...

is that a massive garage or what???

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 06-01-2010, 02:02 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

**** you have some rich family and friends There are three GT-R's (one black, one silver, one white) in my local area, one is sitting in the dealer showroom, the second was purchased by a dentist and immediately garaged (he paid 10K over list price the day they came out) and the third was purchased by one of the local millionaires as a graduation present for his son.

The 370Z is really nice - congrats on getting to use it on a daily basis.

I love the location, looks like an underground car park for an apartment complex but also looks like you have a fairly functional shop in there.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 06-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

can i be your brother so i can get a gtr too lol

nice looking car though.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Xmod Expert

It is actually a shop parkade. My cousin owns it. They do pretty muych everything from body work to modding to oil changes to sound systems and detailing. They deal with hundreds of cars on a weekly basis and when they expanded they moved locations and he built this place. It has a car elevator and an underground to store cars. With the 30 lift shop up above it. its truly one of a kind.

If you look in the back of the first picture there is a Manual G37S on jacks, thats his personal car. and you can also see the car elevator in the back of the first picture. Believe it or not i can fit my dads truck in that thing which is a dually, 3500, crew cab, long box. So any standard car fits in that slot...

Im planning on getting a 370Z xmod, and all my friends want the GTR one (ill probably end up picking up one too, for the future, lol). The plan is too make them all look identical to our cars...

B1G really they have one in the dealers showroom? Who backed out of the deal? cause its supposed to be that a dealer can only get the car after the person has bought it. Cause they are "Made to order" cars. Nissan wants to keep them rare.

edit: Only Upgrade so far it 40th anniversary edition plate frames. The dealer ship gave me. Not on in the picture.

Plans include:

1. some work to the front bumper to get rid of some excess plastic (looks kinda cheap).
2. Rework the exhaust to get a bit more growl, some nicer exhaust tips, nothing ricey and huge but they are kind of under powering in the looks department.
3. New sound system, the stock one is a custom bose sound system, but it needs two more amps and a small 10" sub to give it a bit more punch, nothing extremely bassy or crazy just a little bit more punch in the low end.

And as far as that goes she will probably just sit like that, dont want to paint her cause this colour is only available for the 40th anniversary cars. and the rims match way to well...

Last edited by meme405; 06-01-2010 at 02:57 PM..
Old 06-01-2010, 03:11 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
B1G really they have one in the dealers showroom? Who backed out of the deal? cause its supposed to be that a dealer can only get the car after the person has bought it. Cause they are "Made to order" cars. Nissan wants to keep them rare.
I don't know... it was the white one and I do remember seeing it being driven the day it was delivered so whoever ordered if definitely test drove, I thought you had to pay up front for them in full so who knows how much money he lost but it was still at the dealership when I was looking at getting my wife a Porsche Cayenne I tried to get them to give me a test drive in it if I agreed to buy the Porsche but they said it couldn't be moved unless someone was buying it, thinking about it they had four in total because the dealership owner had a black one (black doesn't look very good ) it had 5K miles on it and was in for service so he must have been driving it hard, but they won't touch them unless you have a large wallet So if you end up with one congrats because they are a sweet ride!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 06-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Xmod Expert

Here or atleast at my local dealership, you walk in with a check handy and it will be here in whichever colour you choose 3 weeks later. But then again maybe thats because me and my friends have done so much business with them...lol.

We went for a drive yesterday and me and one other friend were the odd ones out, Three GTR's then there was me and an ISF. Which neither are bad cars. But everybody is always interested in the GTR's. Which w/e the attention i dont care for especially when everybody asks for a ride. But i hate being completely dominated when we got to mission raceway for friday night open class.

Funniest thing though, most girls seem to like my car more than the GTR's. I dont know what it is, but usually i end up driving most of the girls. Pretty sure if i had 4 seats i could keep one of the GTR's empty and have 3 girls in my car. They just dont seem to care about the GTR and they think my car is a cool colour.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

never knew that about the you had to buy it before it would be built. i used to drive past a nissan garage and they had three of them sitting outside. the same ones everytime i went past for about 6 month must be a usa thing.

theres a white gtr right round the corner from were i live. i just want to borrow it for a few minutes but i think the guy who owns it wouldnt be happy and he`s bigger than me aswell
Old 06-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

Thats pretty sweet dude, and yea you must have a pretty rich family too, my aunt drives a red 370z, so I got her a 370z xmod for her bday lol
Old 06-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Very sweet ride dude and those GTR's look sweet as well.

TEAM XI
Old 06-01-2010, 07:24 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmod noob View Post
never knew that about the you had to buy it before it would be built. i used to drive past a nissan garage and they had three of them sitting outside. the same ones everytime i went past for about 6 month must be a usa thing.

theres a white gtr right round the corner from were i live. i just want to borrow it for a few minutes but i think the guy who owns it wouldnt be happy and he`s bigger than me aswell
not all nissan dealers can get the gt-r
here in glendale, there is this rich dude who has a gt-r.. ive seen it 3 or 4 times

and i have heard that some have to be special ordered(color/ premium package ones)

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 06-01-2010, 08:45 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

you should geo tag some of your pictures...
Old 06-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

wow man, tell your cousin he has my dream garage

nice car btw

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 06-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Wheres my ride ?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Xmod Expert

@Dontspamme:

You want to buy this one off me in like a year? It'll be tip top shape. Roughly 25 000K on it. Only run Chevron Supreme 94 octane through it. All service done at Regency Nissan, Tuning by SR. Giving her away at a flat $40 000. Not bad considering this first year of ownership will cost me $75 000. Plus the $5000-$10 000 in parts i will put into her.

You have your drivers license by now don't you? Ill throw in teaching you how to drive standard on some other car first too... and ill show you how to impress your friends with your driving. Everything from heel-toeing, to proper donuts and drifts. Hell i teach you how to do a donut so small you could do it in your living room.

$40 000, man that's all I'm saying, think about it. All I'm saying...

Anybody else who wants it $45 000. Lol, jk... No deliveries. Pick up in Vancouver. Lol.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
@Dontspamme:

$40 000, man that's all I'm saying, think about it. All I'm saying...

Anybody else who wants it $45 000. Lol, jk... No deliveries. Pick up in Vancouver. Lol.
40K is not bad at all. Factor in a 1 year dep. plus the ($75,000) parts going in, and the free lessons. Start planning my Vancouver trip.

How bad is the import tax to have that bad boy across the boarder though? hmmmmmm, very tempting.

Oh yea, and very nice rides you have there too. Hahaha.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:19 PM
Frequently imitated, never copied, the original XMS girl... M0DEL!

Send a message via AIM to M0DEL Send a message via MSN to M0DEL

Ugh, everytime I see one it reminds me of a friend of mine whose parents bought him the 370, and he in return gave them a RSX (not type-s).. ergh, and he doesn't know how to drive it. Yet I had to learn off a crappy civic, haha..

It's nice though. Keep us updated on this one, puhleasee!
I'd love to get one, but personally would prefer a NSX Rides smooth like a Caddy, but fast <giggles>
Old 06-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Sadly I can't afford a $40,000 car. It's a nice offer, but the 370z doesn't exactly spark my interest. But, I've been looking at S4 B5s and they have my interest for sure. Plus, they aren't expensive to buy, but when problems happen, that'll be expensive.

Not quite, in about 5 months I'll have my L. Tempting offer, teach me even if I dont buy the car ? lol. My parents would probably teach me the basics to driving standard so I won't fry your clutch. Gotta save those tires ! They aren't cheap ! Just need to figure out how to launch a car quickly without too much damage to the transmission.

Once again, tempting offer but I just can't afford a $40,000 car. Plus my parents don't want me in a sports car. At all.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
Gotta save those tires ! They aren't cheap !
Haha good one, I have a set of Kumho dyed tires coming in. For anyone who doesnt know, these tires smoke different colours when you do burnouts.

Lol, i know its stupid, and pointless, and when your driving they make no difference, and im buying tires just for wrecking them...yada yada yada.

But im young and stupid. and their cool... besides i wreck tires monthly anyways so i might as well have these on there and have some fun...

Edit: To be honest as far as Audi's go, i would recommend them to anyone. Ownership costs arent that high, and as long as you can do some basic mechanical work on it yourself and your willing to learn the ins and outs of your car you can have a fairly trouble free life with your audi. Electrical and ECU problems and your ****ed though. I have done everything from complete brake replacement to power steering pump replacement and radiator swap on my Q7 and have been able to do it all with minimal help from others and basic equipment. I even bled my own brakes and hydraulic fluid.

Oh and make sure you put some deep dish fattys on that S4 and some harsh black window tint, then cruise real slow...

Last edited by meme405; 06-03-2010 at 02:45 AM..
Old 06-03-2010, 02:40 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Those tires are crap with any traction from what I heard. When you do burn them, please do make a video ! Or, just produce a huge smoke of cloud which I can enjoy from my balcony. How does one manage to wreck tires monthly... ?