Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

@SPR hardbody s10's have torx screws holding in the headlamps

@Whitney bondo isn't really meant to fill in holes, it'll get the job done, but it won't last. i didn't read many of the above posts, but one thing to consider is JB weld. you essentially just put duct tape on the underside of the trunk, use a credit card or something to smooth it in there, let it dry, then bondo over it. after your bondo is sanded down and feathered, then you can put some spot putty to fill in any imperfections, then prime it. if you don't want to use jb weld, then you could use "kittyhair" filler, which is found wherever you can buy bondo, bondo even makes their variation of it, it's a green compound with fiberglass strands in it and it's much more durable than regular bondo. you'd do the same with the kittyhair, as far as duct taping the bottom of the trunk and such. can you take pictures of the inside and outside of your trunk for us to look at, please?
P.S.- There's a special urethane filler that you can use on the bumper.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:25 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
@SPR hardbody s10's have torx screws holding in the headlamps

@Whitney bondo isn't really meant to fill in holes, it'll get the job done, but it won't last. i didn't read many of the above posts, but one thing to consider is JB weld. you essentially just put duct tape on the underside of the trunk, use a credit card or something to smooth it in there, let it dry, then bondo over it. after your bondo is sanded down and feathered, then you can put some spot putty to fill in any imperfections, then prime it. if you don't want to use jb weld, then you could use "kittyhair" filler, which is found wherever you can buy bondo, bondo even makes their variation of it, it's a green compound with fiberglass strands in it and it's much more durable than regular bondo. you'd do the same with the kittyhair, as far as duct taping the bottom of the trunk and such. can you take pictures of the inside and outside of your trunk for us to look at, please?
P.S.- There's a special urethane filler that you can use on the bumper.

i was referring to imports when i said that sorry.
and finally, someone who knows what they are talking about lol
i didnt even think of JB weld, but i would recommend that on a budget as well.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Frequently imitated, never copied, the original XMS girl... M0DEL!

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to M0DEL Send a message via MSN to M0DEL

All I have right now..
I'll get some more later. The two holes closet to the break light are awful.. they're impossible to push back down, they start to crack. I need a new trunk, lol..
Old 01-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Heat paint with heat gun preferably, but a hair dryer may get it hot enough. Softens the paint so that it can flex with out cracking.

It's ballsfreezingcold in dallas right now, not that great of body work weather.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

Use toothpaste on the headlights. Just normal toothpaste not the gel or flavored just the paste kind. Use a rag or a old t-shirt and go in a circular motion making sure to cover the entire lense adding heavy to moderate pressure as you go. Then when your happy clean the paste all off and either wash the car or wash the headlights with either windex or just car wash soap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 01-05-2010, 05:41 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Heat paint with heat gun preferably, but a hair dryer may get it hot enough. Softens the paint so that it can flex with out cracking.

It's ballsfreezingcold in dallas right now, not that great of body work weather.
the paint is ****ed anyways lol why are you worried about it haha.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

those holes are too big to fill with bondo. i'd go with the JB weld option, put it on generously, then grind it smooth. After that, you should be able to put a thin coat of bondo over, then you could block it with some 80 grit, then feather it with 220. after your bondo is feathered, get some spot putty and lay it on thin, then sand it down with 400 grit.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

even better then JB weld to fill the holes use 3M structural adhesive. It stays more flexable then JB and is stronger.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:00 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
those holes are too big to fill with bondo. i'd go with the JB weld option, put it on generously, then grind it smooth. After that, you should be able to put a thin coat of bondo over, then you could block it with some 80 grit, then feather it with 220. after your bondo is feathered, get some spot putty and lay it on thin, then sand it down with 400 grit.
thank you

id also take a grinder or atleast a file to those holes lol. its gonna make them bigger.... but atleast they will be flat and you wont be crinkling the metal any more than it already is.

at very least take a slightly larger drill bit, and redrill the hole going down. its okay if the bottom if ****ed lol but the top you want smooth. the trunk is already freaking toast anyways and since it doesnt sound like you plan on keeping it. dont worry about professional results. just go for decent looking and that will hold up for more than a week.

Last edited by SPR; 01-05-2010 at 09:03 PM..