Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Frequently imitated, never copied, the original XMS girl... M0DEL!

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to M0DEL Send a message via MSN to M0DEL

It's dirty, but ohwell.
I still need a new top, and you can see some of the bondo on the trunk, haha. I'm debating on finishing it off and just primering it for the time being.
New rims? (:
It's a slow process. I also needs new headlights, ugh.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:13 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

like your new wheels. definitely goes along well with your car
Old 01-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Beautiful rims eh?

Tenzo, Ace, Lowėnhart, Konig, umm... Not sure what other Rim companies are out there for imports.. Not much an import guy haha.

New headlights? Do you mean the bulb itself, or the whole item?

Bulb is a really easy fix, just don't touch the bulb itself. If it's the whole item, not that hard to replace either, just a few torke screws holding in the bucket for it, remove(might have to remove grill also.) the bucket, replace with new one, re-install torke screws.

If it is however the bulb, might I suggest Xenons'? Bright, power lights, plus on top of things, midnight driving is clear.. Make sure if you have your highbeams on though, turn them off haha. Don't want to blind people. Or do you?

Blade.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:40 PM

No, the actual headlight, lol. (: they're hazy.
I have factory HIDs that i'm pretty okay with right now.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:40 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
I have to disagree here. A convertible in itself on a sportscar is a compromise in the functionality. Because of the additional structural support that must be added to the chassis to make up for the lack of a top hard structure, as well as the weight increase due to that. I can cite examples of performance loss through convertible. Unless you mean that the purpose is to be a fun little convertible, it does succeed at that.
This is true for models that are converted to soft tops. But cars designed from the start with soft tops don't have these weight adding structure tacked on, it's designed from the start with extra strength. Excluding just about all the classic sport roadsters of the past (100s of open air sports cars), today's Miata, Tesla, Targa Vette, Lotus and some TVRs would like to have a word with you.

The S2000 is nothing but a sports car. It is not just a fun little convertible like a Mustang or something. And remains a light weight, high revving, stiff chassis, driving oriented sports car, and is nearly as pure as the Lotus.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-02-2010, 04:00 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0DEL View Post
No, the actual headlight, lol. (: they're hazy.
I have factory HIDs that i'm pretty okay with right now.
i know theres lots of ways to get that haze to go away for only a few bucks, verses hundreds of dollars for new lamps. But im drawing a blank on how to do it lol. i know one way involves sanding. But google it, you'll find something.

and please tell me you didnt bondo in a screw hole from the wing......
Old 01-02-2010, 04:02 PM

@spr ohhh lorddd, what did i do wrong now? The retards drilled up from the inside of the trunk too. ugh :/
Old 01-02-2010, 04:03 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post

Bulb is a really easy fix, just don't touch the bulb itself. If it's the whole item, not that hard to replace either, just a few torke screws holding in the bucket for it, remove(might have to remove grill also.) the bucket, replace with new one, re-install torke screws.

If it is however the bulb, might I suggest Xenons'? Bright, power lights, plus on top of things, midnight driving is clear.. Make sure if you have your highbeams on though, turn them off haha. Don't want to blind people. Or do you?

Blade.
Just to educate you a tiny bit. I dont think ive ever seen a torx screw holding in a head lamp. Most of the time its about a 10mm bolt. there will be 2 or three. and then there will be 1 or 2 pop snaps that you have to carefully pop with out breaking anything or scratching your paint.

and xenons are junk. they do not increase anything. infact a lot of them actually decrease it. all they do is change the color and claim results the same as hid's. which just doesnt happen. Plus like she said, s2k's come with hid's from the factory, so she is plenty set! Just some advice so you know for next time
Old 01-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

SPR- it's just like buffing. It's a thick clear coat you lay down on the lense and buff off. My dad got a few free bottles of it from a dealer and it did wonders on his 01 GP GT. I think it was BF chemicals that he used? I forget

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-02-2010, 04:05 PM
SPR

Quote:
@spr ohhh lorddd, what did i do wrong now? The retards drilled up from the inside of the trunk too. ugh :/
i just dont want to see you have problems down the road. that bondo will not hold up or work what so ever. the ONLY way to fix that is have those holes welded in. the bondo wil crack out incredibly fast. welding i know gets expensive, but if you post an ad on craiglist, some backyard welder needing a few bucks to feed his family will do it cheap. its not that hard of a job to do since im asuming its only 4 little holes.

after its welded, well then you can finish it off with bondo if need be. and then id finish it off with a flat black primer. (black will look better than gray lol) and bondo will suck up moister if its not covered well. so since i know you dont want rust. make sure you prime it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
SPR- it's just like buffing. It's a thick clear coat you lay down on the lense and buff off. My dad got a few free bottles of it from a dealer and it did wonders on his 01 GP GT. I think it was BF chemicals that he used? I forget
yeah i know thats on the right track. i've just never had to do it, i just remember reading it about it somewhere lol. but its way cheaper than buying a new head lamp with a factory projector lense. she's probably looking at 300-600 bucks! i know sti ones go for $600.

Last edited by DRFTKO; 01-02-2010 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: Double Post
Old 01-02-2010, 04:08 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
Just to educate you a tiny bit. I dont think ive ever seen a torx screw holding in a head lamp. Most of the time its about a 10mm bolt. there will be 2 or three. and then there will be 1 or 2 pop snaps that you have to carefully pop with out breaking anything or scratching your paint.

and xenons are junk. they do not increase anything. infact a lot of them actually decrease it. all they do is change the color and claim results the same as hid's. which just doesnt happen. Plus like she said, s2k's come with hid's from the factory, so she is plenty set! Just some advice so you know for next time
Actually, alot of headlamps are held in by torke screws. 1991 Dodge Caravan uses a torke screw to keep the grill and headlamps in. There are plently of vehicles on the road that use torke screws to hold items in. Yet there are many that don't, Xenons' are really good bulbs if you get the 8000k. Other then that, they are junk. Personally though, I would take a Xenon 4000k over a factory bulb in some vehicles though, that's my personal opinion eh?

To fill in those holes in your trunk there M0DEL, putty works wonders eh? A little carpet also on the inside of the truck, and some red paint.

Blade.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:11 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post
Actually, alot of headlamps are held in by torke screws. 1991 Dodge Caravan uses a torke screw to keep the grill and headlamps in. There are plently of vehicles on the road that use torke screws to hold items in. Yet there are many that don't, Xenons' are really good bulbs if you get the 8000k. Other then that, they are junk. Personally though, I would take a Xenon 4000k over a factory bulb in some vehicles though, that's my personal opinion eh?

To fill in those holes in your trunk there M0DEL, putty works wonders eh? A little carpet also on the inside of the truck, and some red paint.

Blade.
sorry i was referring to import cars.
not saying no car ever used a torx, but in the import world, never seen it happen.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:27 AM

Mmm, only reason i trust bondo is because my bf's dad rebuilt a truck they flipped over with it. So, hopefully, if done right (and i do stress the if), it might stay put for a while. Or i'll consider a cf trunk for $500, lol
Old 01-03-2010, 01:30 AM
SPR

Quote:
Mmm, only reason i trust bondo is because my bf's dad rebuilt a truck they flipped over with it. So, hopefully, if done right (and i do stress the if), it might stay put for a while. Or i'll consider a cf trunk for $500, lol
lol dont count on it. I give it a couple months and its cracked out

its one thing when its caked in against metal. but when its just filling in an open hole, its even worse.
CF trunk would be the way to go!
Old 01-03-2010, 01:36 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
lol dont count on it. I give it a couple months and its cracked out

its one thing when its caked in against metal. but when its just filling in an open hole, its even worse.
CF trunk would be the way to go!
Bondo is fine for small holes like spoiler holes. Quit trippin'. Yes it's best to just spot weld it shut but bondo will suffice on a deck lid.

Old 01-03-2010, 01:49 AM
is awesome

The bad thing is if you bondo over the whole the still show up later in the body work. Biggest pain in the *** ever lol. Also how do you like the car so far
Old 01-03-2010, 02:15 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Bondo is fine for small holes like spoiler holes. Quit trippin'. Yes it's best to just spot weld it shut but bondo will suffice on a deck lid.
you disappoint me, i thoguht you would know better lol
Old 01-03-2010, 11:18 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
you disappoint me, i thoguht you would know better lol
meh, we use bondo on like everything, the boat were restoring is almost made of it, not to mention our 2 lasers, the opti, the 30 footer, the catalina 27, and thoose are just the boats we currently have.

but if your really conserned go to west marine and get some west system epoxy. mix that with some 403 and that stuff wont go nowhere.

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 01-03-2010, 12:47 PM

I was told to use the epoxy on the bumper, because it's not metal.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:24 PM

photoshopped, buuuuuut you can see how one of the headlights it not aligned. I need to take off the fender completely to be able to get to it. The s2k fenders are HUGE! This is going to be fun. :[