Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Thats what she said.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to biggie862005

wow, that is sick dood! wanna make me one LOL?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSXmodder View Post
Well, you donate the money I will. As of now, I see no problem whatsoever with the front suspension (aside from the missing screws in my knuckles). Its as smooth as I want it to be. GPM is pricey, and I don't really have the need for it.

As for the custom chassis....well...just wait a bit.
Fine, PM me your paypal addy and stuff and ill send you 50 bone...

Nahh just JK, i just had to pay 135$ for a limo cleaning cause i fudged one up on the weekend... So i can spend anymore right now... (need to buy this sweet shirt at Holt Renfrew....)
Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Rethink It All

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder
Default Track Testing Run 3

*Shrug* I know alot of the members on this site probably don't care to hear about half of this stuff, but I'm gonna say it anyway in the hope that there is a select few of you that might understand/take interest.

And before you guys ask, there aren't any pictures or a video to go with this post. So deal with hit.

Yesterday I dedicated the little free time that I have to get this car dialed, and not to mention put down some lap times. My setup was assembled, but since the last time I drove the car, I didn't bother re-tuning it. This time I had fresh tires, a new body, different roll shock (yellow) and the same track layout. That means it was time to get my ride re-adjusted. Here's what my car's setup looked like:

Carpet Radials 10° (Brand new and sticky!)
Medium (silver) springs (30wt shock oil)
Hard (yellow) Roll Shock Spring
Medium SSG T-Plate
98mm (duh) Pan Car setup
Intellect 750mah batts (slowly discharged, then peaked warm before race)
Team Redmade 33t FAT comm'd armature
Kyosho Ver. II Ball Differential (needs rebuild, lol)
8t Motor Pinion

I was very confident in my setup. The motor had been fully relubed, rebroken in with fresh carbon brushes, and was sporting my favorite hard (yellow) springs. The batteries were as fresh as their first charge, and were nice and warm (cells discharge better at a warm temperature). The radials were confortably stuck to their white ATM deep dish rims. The body was securely mounted, and I was set to run. A quick shot of Trinity Ball Bearing oil into the front knuckle bearings, not to mention the rear motor pod bearings, and I was in buissness.

I was running the same track setup I had been used to for the past month or so, so I had the turns memorized, and new how to enter each and every corner. Throttle ratio's were still to trickey for me to figure out in my previous runs. Often, I'd gun out of corners too hard for my MR-015 style batter packs, and slide the rear end out. Rolling never was a problem becuase of my uber-wide wheel base (+3's all around), however, with my worn down treads, the rear end always seemed to hop out of the turns, regardless of my diff/roll shock settings. I figure now that it is simply throttle adjustment, and lack of DPS.

So, all that aside, I set my car down. My current objective was to do 5 practice laps. I opened up the throttle, and the car jumped forward. The motor was more than powerful. I eased up and hit the first corner gracefully. The carpet radials kept the car planted every second of the turn. I went through all the turns similarly, barely stopping. I kept throttle at about 1/4 a majority of the 5 laps. Happy with the way the car performed, I decided to set down some lap times. When I do lap times, I don't typically use a fancy pantsy lap timing system, I just take my ipod, switch it to stopwatch mode, strap it to my Futaba 2PH transmitter, and use that. Its ghetto thats for sure, but its all I need at this level. Last month, I did 10 laps in a time of about 31 seconds. I averaged about 45-46. So, lets see if my car improved:

My first ten lap set wasn't anything spectacular. I was very heavy on the throttle, and in turn, my car was overworked and didn't take the corners smooth enough (when I say "heavy" on the throttle, I mean 100% out of corners. Needless to say, the tires although new, couldn't hold back the motor) I came into corners to fast, and even crashed twice. I knew for a fact my first set could be beaten easily. What was the time though? 42 seconds! Wow! That time was nearly 3 seconds off of my previous average, and it was even a cruddy run! I was impressed.

Now that I had throttle ratio and control sorted with my new setup, I started feeling more confident. I knew that I didn't have to lay on the throttle to set a decent time. In the next set, I hit the corners nice and easy. I flowed out of them with decent throttle, but opened it up on the straight away. I took each corner perfectly and didn't crash once in 10 laps! I finished the set with awesome expectations. I looked down at the ipod. the screen read 28 seconds flat! I was impressed. That score was 2 whole seconds under my previous record.

By now, my batts were fading (nearly 6-7 minutes had passed between practice, set 1, and set 2) so my time reflected that. The third set offered a time of about 33 seconds.

Satisfied, I set my tx down, pulled the Intellects out of the car, set them in the 8 hour charger. Put my car on the tuning stand, and called it a day. Overall, I was extremely impressed with what a few minor upgrades and tuning could to for the car. Tires, a new body, different roll shock, lower'd electronics all helped me drop my lap time down by 2 full seconds.

HFAY anytime soon? Maybe some beginner events at Ann Arbor (thats right Kyle!)

I know that almost 95% of the members here don't really care about all this. There are only a few here that actually care about seriously racing these cars. Those that do feel free to comment!

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All
Old 10-15-2008, 09:45 PM
late model, xmods, microt

Trader Rating: (5)

Nice. Every little bit counts. that's for sure. Where are the fat comm's coming from? i need some. lol. Really sweet. You should test out some new batteries(R1wurks) or something. I am really impressed. Is the 28seconds each lap or the whole 10 laps? i was confused on that part. I care. Except i don't have any where to race... So that is why i dropped(for now, i think i can get the parts from store not online) my secret(the secret you know) on my track car. At least you can race yours and have fun with it. That is what counts.
H-Crawler
Old 10-15-2008, 09:59 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Very lengthy and exciting read, RedSX. I'm as amazed as you are to find that just a fresh set of meats kept you planted two seconds quicker around the track; even during a "not-so-great" run.

Are you running carpet 10° radials all around or just on the rear? Also, what was your previous tire setup?

I have yet to make it out to Ann Arbor myself, lol. Maybe with you going it'd give me that extra "nudge" I need to get me over there.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 10-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Xmod Expert

Have you considered getting the 64 pitch gears from PN Racing? They will make your diff and motor spin up much smoother. Acceleration/speed will increase with 5 minutes of work... I don't know how many times I've mentioned the 64p gear kit (lol) but it might be a nice add on to what your current setup is.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Rethink It All

Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder

I can't afford anything right now blt! I've even pulled off my ball diff because it needs a rebuild, and can't even afford some nice diff grease, lol. I pulled out my M1 motor case and armature and used it for motor parts for a customer, so I'm running a bushing motor case right now, with a 40t spiral armature. Runs fine, but doesn't make the speed I liked with my 33t.

Plus, I think my Intellects are crappin out on me! They just don't have the punch that I'm used to. I'm thinking its time for some R1 wurks cells (Christmas present hahaha) and maybe even a decent battery charger.

Anyhow, here are some quick pics I snapped. Nothing special, just letting you guys see how she sits (this is how i've been running her, too):

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All

Last edited by RedSXmodder; 12-19-2008 at 05:05 PM..
Old 12-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (3)

Awesome, I also have one of these shell coming my way.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:06 AM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

try the orion SHO 700MaH cells.
i'd love to have a franken-mod like that.
but honestly, i think that's a bit much don't you think?
and HFAY...isn't there requirements on the electronics and how much modification you can do?
Old 12-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Xmod Expert

Xmoddrifter in case if you haven't heard ppl have had venting super-high output orions................. which is exactly why I sold my set. RED buy some tenergy cells, very smooth and last forever (true 1k mAh, really I got 45min runtime atleast with the 70t pn motor on mr02) and they are 1.06 a pop Those batteries are about 20.00 a set and I don't fell like they are necessary, punchy batteries are not totally necessary.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:59 AM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
Xmoddrifter in case if you haven't heard ppl have had venting super-high output orions................. which is exactly why I sold my set. RED buy some tenergy cells, very smooth and last forever (true 1k mAh, really I got 45min runtime atleast with the 70t pn motor on mr02) and they are 1.06 a pop Those batteries are about 20.00 a set and I don't fell like they are necessary, punchy batteries are not totally necessary.
hmmm never heard of them venting before.
i didn't look them up.
oh well. do what blt says.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:21 PM

Hmm recently i invested all of 16 dollars on 4 sets of the 900mah nimh's from atomicmods.. Definitly worth a dollar a piece they are great cells.. Smooth completly throughout there charge, and only drop off in accell/power output when they are extremly close to dying..
Old 10-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Elite member

this project hasen't had a post in 10 months.

pretty sure this is against the rules?
Old 10-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x410mw View Post
Hmm recently i invested all of 16 dollars on 4 sets of the 900mah nimh's from atomicmods.. Definitly worth a dollar a piece they are great cells.. Smooth completly throughout there charge, and only drop off in accell/power output when they are extremly close to dying..
Please read the rules and Do not bump old threads this one is from 2008.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 10-12-2009, 05:43 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x410mw View Post
...and i was expecting a huge update from red...
Old 10-12-2009, 05:50 PM

This is to motivate him to update it, thought ya knew that.. No i know the rules of all forums i just forgot i was reading and old post.. My memorys not that great these days..