Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2009, 04:22 PM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a
Default Z Arm Strong or Strong Arm- Front Arm Fix/Reinforcement.

Whoever bothered checking my youtube for CW hfay s7r4 vid would know that my 15 suffered a deadly blow to the front arm, at its base. I despaired at first, but came up with a perfect fix for such AND a great reinforcement plan for anyone who is concerned about this and doesn't want to shell friggin 22$ for alum front tower bars. With only +0.25g per each arm, here she is:

2mm thick styrene piece drilled and cut to fit for most effect and hug. Glued with Kyosho glue to get that "soldered on shut" feel when all is said and done.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

Good tutorial....... You don't need $22 dollars though. Atomic makes Carbon Fiber Arm stiffeners, extactly like what you made. They are on most of the sites and are usually only around $6.00 and they looks awsome.... I have 2 sets of them. Heres a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-Mini-Z-SS...QQcmdZViewItem

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 04-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Modifier

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

I see. I still get a safer feeling out of thicker and flexible styrene. How does kyosho glue bond those CF plates to abs? Also, are there such plates for MR15? Everything is made for 02, but 15 is always heavily neglected.

Last edited by Skv012a; 04-20-2009 at 10:47 PM..
Old 04-21-2009, 12:54 AM
Working Class Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
I see. I still get a safer feeling out of thicker and flexible styrene. How does kyosho glue bond those CF plates to abs? Also, are there such plates for MR15? Everything is made for 02, but 15 is always heavily neglected.

I think that's just supply and demand. The MR02 is a proven better performer and more popular, that's why everything is made for the MR02.... they sell better. Im not sure if they make these for MR15 or not, will these work on a 15 possibly.. I don't own one. I used epoxy and adhered them to the arms (you can use a good superglue). These are made from CF and are VERY strong, so no need for thickness, quality not quantity. You should check them out and look around. Great tutorial though, you should try making some from CF. You can get a sample piece from dragonplate.com for like $10-$15 and you could make about 10 sets or more with it.. try 1/16" or 3/32"

PS- actually I think you can use those for a 15, I believe the Arms are the same shape and size...

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 04-21-2009, 02:19 AM
Modifier

They're close, but 15's arms are thinner and thus more prone to damage.

As far as 02 popularity- I personally find it and its wide bodies a bore. There's no challenge in tuning a 02, it really comes down to a little common sense and raw driving ability. I, as a relative beginner, want to re-live the MR-01 days using my 15 and then move onto 02 once I squeeze everything there is out of a 15. I may just master it and use it on par w/ 02s; who knows, years will tell.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Working Class Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skv012a View Post
They're close, but 15's arms are thinner and thus more prone to damage.

As far as 02 popularity- I personally find it and its wide bodies a bore. There's no challenge in tuning a 02, it really comes down to a little common sense and raw driving ability. I, as a relative beginner, want to re-live the MR-01 days using my 15 and then move onto 02 once I squeeze everything there is out of a 15. I may just master it and use it on par w/ 02s; who knows, years will tell.
They may be thinner but I believe these CF stiffners will work fine on them... as far as a MR02 being boring,..well........... I won't even bother to comment back at that. !!!! MR01 - out dated and worthless junk these days !!!! But whatever models make you happy is what you should mess with, fine by me.

Last edited by TripleXmodder(akaXXX); 04-21-2009 at 01:54 PM..
Old 04-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleXmodder(akaXXX) View Post
They may be thinner but I believe these CF stiffners will work fine on them... as far as a MR02 being boring,..well........... I won't even bother to comment back at that. !!!! MR01 - out dated and worthless junk these days !!!! But whatever models make you happy is what you should mess with, fine by me.
There was a thread in the past where I said the same things with a little different wording.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 PM
Modifier

If I try everything and fail, I'll know for sure it was in vain, but if I happen to soar with one of my crazy ideas then we'll see.