Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2009, 09:32 AM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

im just glad they didn't make a stupid import again.. im sick of imports... a challenger would be nice... or an old one.. or maybe they should do something different.. make a dually truck thats dually from the box... like a ford F-350 or a dodge Ram... or a chevy... IDK any dually chevys... like continue the truck line... they could do so many things with these chassis.. like the things we do here... it makes me wonder why the people there who have even more money and limitless materials don't do something different with the Xmods line.. make them stronger.. put neo mags in the stage 2 motors or something.... give them real power.. IDK.. well... i suppose green day is right... we should be happy the xmod line is continuing...

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears

Last edited by kendallcschm; 07-05-2009 at 09:42 AM..
Old 07-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (5)

i think they should have made another import cause they have made 4 muscle now and 1 import for street, maybe a lambo murchilago (however its spelt) as there will be more no more editions of it made, somethings replacing it next year, maybe that lambo 4 door proto, anyway or british car like a 1970 triumph stag hardtop mk1.

The Monster Mustang - Link

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air - Link

Old 07-05-2009, 11:48 AM

Trader Rating: (0)

yea atleast theres another xmod.. idk if anyone else watches "muscle car" on spike tv but one car there workin on today is the 2010 stang. pretty cool car but i personally dont think its really anything spectacular
Old 07-05-2009, 12:48 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

have any of you noticed that all of the past xmods have been no older than like 10 years ( except for the camaro and 65' stang ) i think they should make more old cars. i think a Studebaker would be bad@$$. but hey im all up for a challenger too, new or old.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:25 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwanesekid05 View Post
Yay! Another. Mustang. Xmods...

What is this, number five?
Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeon View Post
Nah, I want it because it is small, has every drivetrain platform, and is weird. The fact you can jump them is a plus.

Honestly, I would take ANY AND ALL of these turds before another Mustang, especially such a lack-luster upgrade:

Pontiac Aztec

The Geo Metro:

The Daewoo Lanos:

Isuzu Impulse:

Mistubishi Mirage:

Any and all of these would be more exciting than a new Mustang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
color looks cool...but enuff with the mustangs already...maybe we will get lucky and it will lead to a new challenger body or something...i guess we should all just be happy RS is at least continuing the xmod line a lil bit longer...so here is fingers crossed for some other new/interesting bodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterhunter View Post
wow another one? really theres way too many of these things i can see 3 of them but now 6 have been made? what is the purpose of this? to me it seems like such a waste, yea im a dodge fan, but i can respect some fords too, most of the time, but this seems a little ridiculous to me. it was nice to see some variety, like the R8 and the GTR, something that you usually dont see everyday. it would be nice to see some dodges in the line up. and some more trucks. last thing i wanted to see was another mustang.BUT i do say it is nice to see that they are still continuing the Xmod line up.
I'm not much for posting on stuff like this but what you guys need to look at is Radio Shack already has permission to use and has been successful at selling Ford bodies specifically the Mustang. The Mustang is an American icon. It only makes sense that they would make the best Mustangs into XMODS. The original '65. The awesome '04 Cobra. The revised retro '06. And now the latest '10. They're not going to buy the right to use a body from a different company if they don't have to. Expect to see maybe another Toyota and possibly something from Honda/Acura. If we're really lucky they'll make another Lancer Evo or a new Impreza WRX STI. At this point don't expect new manufacturers. They're especially not going to make older, quirky, defunct cars. (BTW Wikipedia already has the 2010 Mustang listed.)
Old 07-05-2009, 05:39 PM
Back from the bodyshop

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 07-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Thats is a freakin' sexy paint ! But the exhaust pipes and that area look too odd, same with the ride height. It's like the Scion tC incident all over again and the rims are a joke ! Any pictures of the front ? or any chassis changes ?
Old 07-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Elite member

Guys, keep the "I wish they made a [[insert car here]] xmod" in this thread:

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12262

Anyway, that horsey sure is purdy.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Seriously?

Trader Rating: (6)

I know we all wish and hope the next xmod will be {insert fantasy xmod here}, but it comes down to licensing. I figure RS went with the mustang cause of past Ford cars and success of them, not to mention Ford was probably more willing to give them the license to create a xmod on some of their models.

Course seeing how xmods are still on-going and some anticipated cars are coming out like the Camaro, Challenger, who knows what the next xmod in the line will be

Current cars: (in storage, erm 'in the garage')
Acura NSX
Acura RSX (Black)
Evo Lancer VIII

Evo 05' Mustang
Mustang Cobra SVT
Toyota Supra (Silver)

Nissan 350Z
Subaru Impreza STI
Nissan GT-R
Dodge Challenger
Old 07-05-2009, 11:37 PM

color looks freaking sweet on it, i just wish they made body kits for it.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Elite member

I droped by my local rs and they didn't have this! I would have bought this just cause I'm....me. A charger or challenger would be nice.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:44 AM
Back from the bodyshop

I wonder how long it will take someone to make the 2010 shelby now. I would like to have it but don't have the skills to. I wouldn't be suprized if blue504life made one with all the previous mustang projects he has had in the past.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 07-06-2009, 08:49 AM
the torqueinator

Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

IDK a mustang Eleanor might be nice... i would love some bigger trucks.. like the F-350 or bigger... i still want more detail on the xmods..... a ford GT would be baller... you know what would be really unique... tractor trailer xmod... with a trailer... that would be interesting.. im kinda sick of imports...

imports made:
R8, Civic, Skyline, Supra, 350Z, Lancer, Subie impreza, acura RSX, Titan, scion tc, Honda NSX, and the infinity G35
(12)

muscle cars:
mustang 06, 65' stang, 04 stang, 2010 stang, 65' camaro, 08 camaro, saleen stang, and 2 corvettes.....
(9)

there are less muscle cars than imports.. and even with the trucks that makes 11 domestic 12 imports ... still more imports.. next should be an american car... :-P

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 07-06-2009, 01:30 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

This is the best "stock" paint job released so far in my opinion. Yet it is another Mustang. Come on Radio Shack.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 07-06-2009, 03:58 PM
The Man

Trader Rating: (8)

thats perty! i was sure that rs was gonna stop makin 'em. now if they would only come out with NEW accessories!!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:36 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

it is a nice stock paintjob, but yes i agree...another mustang is not neccessary, we've had 2 in gen1, 1 in evo, and 2 in street, brining us to a total of 5 mustangs in the xmods line. no other car has close to that many remakes in the xmod line.

What's with this "im just glad they didn't make a stupid import again.." crap?

sure, american cars are great, the ZR1 is a testament to that, and so is the Viper, camaro, challenger, G8, Sky, Solstice, and CTS-V, and i got respect for any car that's fast. just, when you see a particular model of car too much, it becomes....mundane, ordinary, and it loses the specialness associated with it (such as the mustang, where you see one every 10 seconds you're on the road). but to be utterly 1 sided in your viewpoint about cars isn't what being an enthusiast is about. competition is good. opinions are good, and you can prefer one side to another, but give some common courtesy the other side. There is no winning side, and each side has thing that they know that can benefit the other sides, and vice versa

now, if this post seems out of line, mods, feel free to remove and hit me with a few infractions, but the comment seems to be pretty ignorant in my point of view. nobody can be a car enthusiast unless he/she looks at the whole spectrum: from pure straightline to corner carving. all of it.

and to get back on topic, how low do you think the mustang xmod can be dropped before it starts to rub? i know the other current mustang can't be dropped much, and was wondering about this one since its stance looks kind of high.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
mports made:
R8, Civic, Skyline, Supra, 350Z, Lancer, Subie impreza, acura RSX, Titan, scion tc, Honda NSX, and the infinity G35
(12)

muscle cars:
mustang 06, 65' stang, 04 stang, 2010 stang, 65' camaro, 08 camaro, saleen stang, and 2 corvettes.....
(9)

there are less muscle cars than imports.. and even with the trucks that makes 11 domestic 12 imports ... still more imports.. next should be an american car... :-P
See:

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
it is a nice stock paintjob, but yes i agree...another mustang is not neccessary, we've had 2 in gen1, 1 in evo, and 2 in street, brining us to a total of 5 mustangs in the xmods line. no other car has close to that many remakes in the xmod line.

What's with this "im just glad they didn't make a stupid import again.." crap?

sure, american cars are great, the ZR1 is a testament to that, and so is the Viper, camaro, challenger, G8, Sky, Solstice, and CTS-V, and i got respect for any car that's fast. just, when you see a particular model of car too much, it becomes....mundane, ordinary, and it loses the specialness associated with it (such as the mustang, where you see one every 10 seconds you're on the road). but to be utterly 1 sided in your viewpoint about cars isn't what being an enthusiast is about. competition is good. opinions are good, and you can prefer one side to another, but give some common courtesy the other side. There is no winning side, and each side has thing that they know that can benefit the other sides, and vice versa

now, if this post seems out of line, mods, feel free to remove and hit me with a few infractions, but the comment seems to be pretty ignorant in my point of view. nobody can be a car enthusiast unless he/she looks at the whole spectrum: from pure straightline to corner carving. all of it.

and to get back on topic, how low do you think the mustang xmod can be dropped before it starts to rub? i know the other current mustang can't be dropped much, and was wondering about this one since its stance looks kind of high.
+1
Old 07-06-2009, 05:57 PM
That's what she said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodcanuck View Post
(BTW Wikipedia already has the 2010 Mustang listed.)
I put that there as soon as I saw this thread n_n

Personally, RS needs to not make new bodies, but instead revise the entire Xmods chassis. Sure, I'll be expensive to build entirely new molding pieces and upgrades, but if they build a good chassis that's easy to mod, it'll appeal to Xmod modders, and if they build a low chassis, they can add more realistic bodies to the lineup and appeal to the, well, 40 year old fathers buying these things for their kids. The only problem now is that RS is low on cash and Xmods isn't as big of an objective than their other products >.<
Old 07-07-2009, 04:19 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

that is true that RS needs to make another chassis. evos are getting old. we need something with better proportional electronics and a different remote.
the electronics are just not cutting it
Old 07-07-2009, 05:29 PM
is here

Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

I think its awesome and I think it might be the next XMOD I get as I don't usually buy XMODS. That being said I will turn it into a Roush 427R look I hope anyway, like the one I saw this past weekend.