Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)
Default Our New Boat

Let me know whatcha think, Just finished haulin' her back from michigan with the good ol' avalanche. Its a 98' Crownline 266 ltd with a 454 and bravo III w/twin props. Heres the pics

Old 06-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

that is amazing.the body curves go so nicely.hey is that a corvette under the cover lol.any problams getting it home
Old 06-04-2008, 09:52 AM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Blackhawk drive on a crownline? Wow, never seen that before.

Have fun with it! And good luck with the blackhawk drive, hope nothing breaks on ya'.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 06-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to Titantaw12

Nice Boat!
My neighbor has one kinda like that.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyxmoder View Post
that is amazing.the body curves go so nicely.hey is that a corvette under the cover lol.any problams getting it home
thanks, lol why yes that is our corvette under the cover, how could you tell?lol 06 yellow c6 to be exact, good eye. and yes lol its our buddies trailer and the bearings went and we almost lost a wheel, but my dad stopped by our buddies shop(luckily it was close) and got her all fixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
Blackhawk drive on a crownline? Wow, never seen that before. Have fun with it! And good luck with the blackhawk drive, hope nothing breaks on ya'.
Blackhawk drive?? lol i thought it was just a merc. ill ask my dad when he gets home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titantaw12 View Post
Nice Boat!
My neighbor has one kinda like that.
Thanks ill get some pics of it in the water this weekend
Old 06-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

yea civic isn't that silver C6 yours? I thought you made a thread about it (rich bastard) but anyways nice boat (again, rich bastard.....jp)
Old 06-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Pictures and/or video of that big block 454, por favor...

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodificationer View Post
yea civic isn't that silver C6 yours? I thought you made a thread about it (rich bastard) but anyways nice boat (again, rich bastard.....jp)
Yea lol everyone says that. "rich kid" is my name on the bus if you guys want pics of the yellow vette i guess i could take some with a piece of paper with my xms name beside it(cause i know not everyone belives me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Pictures and/or video of that big block 454, por favor...
Yes sir! ill try to get a vid of it. its got the captains call exhaust so when you want it quite ideal for late nights you hit the button then its quite when you hit it to make it loud it comes out the rear outlets seen in pics.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:03 PM
[Not-your-day] - Badass

Send a message via AIM to noturday

DANG! im jealous haha, our boat only has a stinkin ford 5.0 with a Volvo-Penta outdrive (although a chevy 5.7 was an option on the SS like ours)

looks slick dude, nice Av too BTW, the boat kinda dwarfs it tho, now it needs a lift kit haha

Team XI
Old 06-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Elite member

lol yea, well pops gave me the avalanche to drive now so i was thinking about putting 24's on it. lol
Old 06-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Subaru Nut

lol that boat should race a xmod lol. and that vette is insane.and also you dont need to be rich to have nice things. no flaming intented just putting it out there. my parents have 2 corvette. any way where do u keep it.like on the trailer or at a dock
Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicblack10 View Post
Blackhawk drive?? lol i thought it was just a merc. ill ask my dad when he gets home.
If it's a Mercruiser outdrive, my hypothesis is correct. Mercuiser made the blackhawk outdrives back in the 1990's and placed them in many manufactures boats; the Donzi even had them in their 22' Classic series for a long while. On a blackhawk drive, your props. spin in opposite directions. For yours, it looks like the prop. closest to the bow will spin clockwise, while the prop. closer to the stern will spin counter-clockwise.

What lake do you plan on placing this boat into? We're located on Secord Lake/Titabawasee River between Gladwin and West Branch, MI.

I agree with Texan. I would also like a sound clip as well as a run in your lake. If you have earmuffs and run it out of the water for a sound clip, that'd sound even better because there would be no reverberations from the water to mess with the deep-throated ness pouring from those thru-hull pipes..

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 06-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Elite member

lol, well were going to keep it on a lift at the end of my dock once we get one. Our old boat lift is too small now as we used to have a crownline 23' and this one is 27'

Here is a pic of the corvette with the boat in the backround with a piece of paper with my xms name on it lol.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Donzii, ear muffs? For the 454? That's like putting on welding goggles to stare at Megan Foxx.

What the hell is wrong with you?! jk

Quote:
lol that boat should race a xmod lol. and that vette is insane.and also you dont need to be rich to have nice things.
These cars ONLY start in the mid 50k range.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
If it's a Mercruiser outdrive, my hypothesis is correct. Mercuiser made the blackhawk outdrives back in the 1990's and placed them in many manufactures boats; the Donzi even had them in their 22' Classic series for a long while. On a blackhawk drive, your props. spin in opposite directions. For yours, it looks like the prop. closest to the bow will spin clockwise, while the prop. closer to the stern will spin counter-clockwise.

What lake do you plan on placing this boat into? We're located on Secord Lake/Titabawasee River between Gladwin and West Branch, MI.

I agree with Texan. I would also like a sound clip as well as a run in your lake. If you have earmuffs and run it out of the water for a sound clip, that'd sound even better because there would be no reverberations from the water to mess with the deep-throated ness pouring from those thru-hull pipes..
Sorry donzi, i was replying when you had already finished posting so i didnt see it in time. Yes you are correct its counter rotating props

Quote:
Donzii, ear muffs? For the 454? That's like putting on welding goggles to stare at Megan Foxx.

What the hell is wrong with you?! jk
LOL ear muffs as in ear muffs that fit around the outdrive and attach to a hose so the motor can get water when running out of the water.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 06-04-2008 at 06:56 PM..
Old 06-04-2008, 06:46 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:

What the hell is wrong with you?!
Ear muffs allows you to run your motor on land. Since these motors are purely water cooled, they'll overheat in seconds without a water supply. You purchase a set of "earmuffs" so you can tune your engine on land; they're also used so you can winterize your motor without polluting the water with anti-freeze.

Running the motor without water will almost instantly freeze up your rubber water pump impeller. We had to replace ours on the Donzi just last year because it was starting to over heat in the water, very quick fix, but it's scary as hell..

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 06-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Que?

Ear muffs?

Or you talking about the attachment that you hook a garden hose up to..? That I have seen before.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Subaru Nut

@texan i know they start in the 50k but that dont mean you need to be rich tho.

this is my moms.
http://www.mhvca.org/bfd80aa0.jpg

and my dads.
http://www.mhvca.org/c0180aa0.jpg

if you dont believe me i will do the same as civic did and put a sign
Old 06-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Elite member

[QUOTE=Donziikid;162980] What lake do you plan on placing this boat into? We're located on Secord Lake/Titabawasee River between Gladwin and West Branch, MI. [QUOTE]

sorry donzi i didnt really see that part of the post i guess i was just skimming over it. We just bought it from a guy in st clair shores. i still dont really get what "Footprints" means. He said its something like god see's you and theres footprints on the beach or something, all i know is he was very religous
Old 06-04-2008, 09:19 PM
[Not-your-day] - Badass

Send a message via AIM to noturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicblack10 View Post
lol yea, well pops gave me the avalanche to drive now so i was thinking about putting 24's on it. lol
Awesome dude! Finally another Av owner on here haha. 24's would look pretty good on it, but ride quality wont be as good. for around town driving i wouldnt go bigger than 22's. 24's also kinda scream "steal me!"

Team XI