Old 07-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

^Agreed.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:39 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

Whew. Been gone for a while with vacation and school, but anyway:

While cleaning my room, I found a McDonald's toy from God-knows-when, and it just happened to be applicable for this:

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a..._picture-2.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...icture_1-1.jpg
(Sorry the pics are huge. Photobucket won't let me resize right now)
I'd prefer it to be bigger and more prominent, but whatever. :super:

And, as I was telling my friend earlier, I've got my eye on one of these.

Jaguar XJS convertible. I have no preference on year, but I want it in that color scheme. Light blue with a dark blue top. Then, I'm not sure about the style in particular, but I'll get either pink, purple, or white rims. The engine's good enough stock that I won't have to worry about it much except for maintenance, so it won't set me back a lot in terms of modification, and I can get a decent running one around here for <$2K. Obviously, I probably won't get the right color for that price, but oh well. I'm fine with anything. Just as long as I get my JAAAAAAG.

And, as I haven't mentioned before, I decided that I was overwhelmed with the thought of getting a free car, which is what brought me to decide on all those modifications. It wasn't until I got some time to cool down that I realized... I don't even like it that much. :P The Jag is what I really want.

So for the Focus, I'll do the tinted tail lights and clear signals since they're cheap, the tint-film-stuff is removable if requested during resale, and there's no way anyone could prefer amber lights over white ones, so that also can't hurt resale. But then I'll get anywhere between $1500-$3000 for it depending on what the resale is in about one year's time, and that's more than enough for the Jag.

EDIT: Actually, that's more realistic for the LX. I might even get $4k out of this if I'm lucky.

Last edited by Donziikid; 08-21-2010 at 10:40 PM..
Old 08-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

I hope your wheel doesn't fall of my like my friend's recently did.
>.>
Old 08-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
The engine's good enough stock that I won't have to worry about it much except for maintenance, so it won't set me back a lot in terms of modification, and I can get a decent running one around here for <$2K.
You underestimate the cost of "maintaining" a classic Jag. Which is to say, you'll be entering what's known as Project Car Hell.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
You underestimate the cost of "maintaining" a classic Jag. Which is to say, you'll be entering what's known as Project Car Hell.
+1 my friend in south carolina has a i believe a jk12 1986, not sure exactly, i dont know my jags very well, but she's been consistantly dumping money into it.

you have a somewhat realiable car, dont trade it for something you cant depend on everyday. thats basicaly what im doing, i have my mounty as a daily driver and im saving up for a old late 80's early 90's E30 325I or 325IS for a track/daily destroyer. but i would defintly not depend on it everyday until i had a few years of trust in it, especialy since i'll be doing all the work

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 08-21-2010, 08:31 PM
is awesome

I like jags but they cost a ton to maintain. If im not correct you have to take them to the dealer to get serviced?

*also why does this thread have 8 pages of crap its a focus? I mean I'd under stand if a kid brought in a supra and said what should I mod on this beast but its a focus
Old 08-21-2010, 09:40 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jack3jack View Post
I like jags but they cost a ton to maintain. If im not correct you have to take them to the dealer to get serviced?

*also why does this thread have 8 pages of crap its a focus? I mean I'd under stand if a kid brought in a supra and said what should I mod on this beast but its a focus
but if a kid brought in a supra, he'd have to be rich enough to even start modding it, but cmon, its a supra, you have to mod it a little, just not rice the crap out of it

back on topic
the jag looks real nice, ive always been a fan of jags

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 08-21-2010, 10:17 PM
TEAM DISPLACEMENT FOUNDER

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to mr.hotrod

my dad has a jag like that.... 'cept his is green. he is using the motor, drivetrain, and suspension on a 28 cadillac. so he will have

with this
i think
sorry for the off topic... i saw the jag and though... hmm that looks familiar
fast and the furious tokyo drift mustang 100%
rsx rally car 80%
nine in the quarter100%
HMU on live folks MrHotRod1971
Old 08-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Advance member

If you get the Jag, please keep the Focus. You'll be needing her every few months.

Toy hook toy? lol, that's what the VW/Nissan/Honda scene do. No pink or purple rims. That car can't pull it off, IMO. And it screams for attention if your a guy.

Last edited by rsx racer; 08-22-2010 at 07:38 AM..
Old 08-22-2010, 10:10 AM
MSI <3

Heheh, I knew there'd be a lot about British cars lacking a tendency to work. :P I'm well aware of the problems it may have, but there are still a few good reasons to get it. For one, the current best car at my school is an 80s Corvette covered in primer with three steelies and a rim off a late model Mercury... Sure, bragging rights is a stupid reason to get an unreliable car, but that also says something about the car shows around here. :P There's only one small one each year, and the winner has always been from out of town. If I'm going to get a car I like, I may as well get one that can make me some money while I have it, regardless how much it takes away. Second, I just like it. A lot. I'm sort of going by the Top Gear philosophy here. Nearly every time they review a car, there are countless problems, but in the end they still just want it, plain and simple. I just want this. I can blame Jaguar for any trouble it causes.

EDIT: Yeah, I know that's an insanely strange choice of rims, but I just have an insanely strange taste in vehicles. Also, I'm not sure quite what you're getting at with "And it screams for attention if your a guy." because I'm pretty sure the point of cosmetic modification is to attract attention.

Last edited by firebird999; 08-22-2010 at 10:13 AM..
Old 08-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
Also, I'm not sure quite what you're getting at with "And it screams for attention if your a guy." because I'm pretty sure the point of cosmetic modification is to attract attention.
Indeed, but pink or purple rims on a light blue car is simply trying too hard.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

i'll just put it this way, its a good looking car i wouldnt trade a bad looking realible car for a good looking unrealibe car. but its your money, your life f*** it up the way you want to, there's no bad way to live life if you really think about it

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 08-22-2010, 12:06 PM
MSI <3

Yeah, pretty much. Also, the Focus isn't as reliable as it should be. Ours has died fully three times, and by now we've sunk more into repairs than it's worth. Really, I'm trading a should-be reliable, yet unreliable, ugly sedan for a near equally unreliable, better, faster, cooler convertible.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:28 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Focuses are terrible cars.

The Jag is a car where I'd keep a back-up car around. Problem is there's not a lot of places to get parts from, much of it is online from a few US based places, or overseas. If you had a problem with it, outside of "normal" maintenance parts, you'd be out of a car for quite some time. That, and they're very pricey to repair. Main problem with them is electrical stuff, and they're notorious for a reason. Mechanically, they seem sound (rarely hear about owners *****ing about moving bits), and if Carb'd it likely uses SU Carbs, which are awesome and simple. If EFI... be afraid... Be very afraid...

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 08-23-2010 at 01:32 AM..