Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default hardest RUBBER tires for drifting????

hey everybody, i was just wondering where to get like 50*/60* rubber tires from? anyone know? I just bought some alloy ridgless rims and gpm drift tires(narrow front, wide rear) thinking that the nubs on the gpm tires would be the grippiest drft tires around, but they dont have enough traction for me!
i started off drifting my xmod using some random hard rubber tires that came in a revell civic MODEL kit, and they were PERFECT for drifting. but they wore down badly after months of drifting.
basically i was looking for HARD rubber tires to drift with but only came up with a few 30* and 35* tires and think i want some harder, any1 know where to gey any?

thanx guys, and sry for the long post...
Old 03-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

i would have to say from model kits but that's way to expensive try like a hobby store there's one here but i never had time to go back i remember some model tires a set of 4 on the shelf. but i also have a pair.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Ride By Day Race By Night

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to bigez

i use the hard threaded tires from the rs kit and they work fine for me

NOTHING BUT THE BEST

I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MAGNUSON RACING
Old 03-10-2009, 07:21 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

if you go onto different sites that sell mini-z stuff, you can probably get hard tires from them
Old 03-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Advance member

ya i loved the hard rubber tires that i stole from my revell model! they were PERFECT grip for drifting.

but all the "drift" tires ive tried suck, they are just hard slippery plastic, no grip at all

and i would try the rs hard tread tires but my rims are wider than those tires(ridgless alloy)

i want tires that have the grip of electrical tape(but done wanna wrap tires in elec. tape)

ive looked around for mini-z tires, but cant find any harder than like 30*...im thinkin i'd want like 45/50/60*...just wondering if any1 knows where to get 50* rubber mini-z tires...?
Old 03-11-2009, 05:34 PM

well i have herad some good thigs about these anf they have more grip because of the tread pattern

here you go

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/G...es__14079.aspx
http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/G...es__14080.aspx

NOTHING BUT THE BEST

Old 03-11-2009, 07:38 PM
Advance member

those are the most recent ones ive tried, and they offer no more grip than the rs "drift kit"...

what degree compound would the RS hard tread tires be/compare to?

if you had to rate "electrical tape tires" as a compound, around what degree would they be?
Old 03-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Go on shop.ausmicro.net. They have many things ranging from eletronics to RTR Mini-Z. Not to mention, they have 10*N all the way to 50*W. Comes in a 4 pack for around $8.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Xmod Expert

Get a role of electric tape at radio shacks and use a thin strip of electric tape on the front and rear wheels over stock tires. The electric tape worked very nicely for me when I drifted my xmod.....scotch tape should work just aswell. I haven't tried the scotch tape but the electric tape was really nice grip for drifting... you could break loose but it didn't just sit there spinning.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:22 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
Get a role of electric tape at radio shacks and use a thin strip of electric tape on the front and rear wheels over stock tires. The electric tape worked very nicely for me when I drifted my xmod.....scotch tape should work just aswell. I haven't tried the scotch tape but the electric tape was really nice grip for drifting... you could break loose but it didn't just sit there spinning.
I have tried scotch tape in the past with no luck. It will not stay on the tire (or at least I have been unsuccessful with trying to keep it on the tire). The RS drift tires and electrical tape have been my favorite setups so far (out of all that I have tried).
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 03-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Advance member

>>>i want tires that have the grip of electrical tape(but done wanna wrap tires in elec. tape)<<<

as ive said b4 i also like the grip/slip or e-tape but dont wanna wrap my tires in tape....

and thank you dont spam me for trying to help with that link....would you say 50* compound rubbers would grip better than all those plastic "drift tires"?(about as grippy as RS hard tread tires?)
Old 03-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

I haven't tried those, but those would probably hard as rock. Try 40* or the stock ASC tires.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Advance member

i just dont wanna spend $ on a set of tires that are 2 grippy to drift but not grippy enough to grip, no what i mean....basically looking to find out if 40* or 50* rubber compound would be closer to e-tape...any1 have any guesses?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:49 PM

what you could do is get the tires the i listed be for and use and get some traction compound and that should make them have better grip

NOTHING BUT THE BEST

Old 03-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigez View Post
what you could do is get the tires the i listed be for and use and get some traction compound and that should make them have better grip
dude those "tires" are HARD SOLID PLASTIC, no hope in them at all...and y do ppl keep telling me to do stuff ive said(in this thread) ive allready tried? read b4 posting.....ive tried e-tape, so stop tellin me to do that, ive tried the rs drift "tires" so stop tellin me to use those, ive tried both the gpm and atomic drift "tires" so stop tellin me to use those...i dont want PLASTIC "tires" i want hard RUBBER TIRES....but dont know which compound i want...
Old 03-12-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94exa2 View Post
dude those "tires" are HARD SOLID PLASTIC, no hope in them at all...and y do ppl keep telling me to do stuff ive said(in this thread) ive allready tried? read b4 posting.....ive tried e-tape, so stop tellin me to do that, ive tried the rs drift "tires" so stop tellin me to use those, ive tried both the gpm and atomic drift "tires" so stop tellin me to use those...i dont want PLASTIC "tires" i want hard RUBBER TIRES....but dont know which compound i want...
hey man do not get mad at us for helping you and i thnink maybe you should sent atoimc mods and email and ask them b/c it seems that you have know all things we do

NOTHING BUT THE BEST

Old 03-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Xmod Expert

Atomicmods will lead you to one of their tires to make money..........not to help.......
Old 03-13-2009, 02:21 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

The hardest I've ever seen are GPM 55deg slicks. However, they're not popular so I really don't know where to find them other than to order them straight from GPM (which I did, a long time ago).

Mini-Z Autoscale tires are a little stickier than GPM 55's, but their tire profile is flat so they're actually quite a bit grippier than GPM 55's. But, they're easy to find, just ask someone with an Autoscale collection. You might even get them for free.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:08 AM
Mini-Z Drifter

I would say to just go by trial and error. Everyone has there own preference on what tires to use. Just spend a little money and try out various tires. If the tires you buy don't do it for you, then just sell them on the forum. I'm sure someone will buy them. No need to get upset at people for posting their opinions. Hope you find what your looking for. Good luck
Old 03-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineLvr View Post
I would say to just go by trial and error. Everyone has there own preference on what tires to use. Just spend a little money and try out various tires. If the tires you buy don't do it for you, then just sell them on the forum. I'm sure someone will buy them. No need to get upset at people for posting their opinions. Hope you find what your looking for. Good luck
MA-010 stock tires are a good drift tire. They are worthless for racing at least lol.