Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 08-19-2008, 06:54 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

It would be nice to see the McClaren and the Porsche Cayenne added to the series so we don't have to order them from oversees anymore.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 08-19-2008, 06:59 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

It best be the IS-F. That's the one car that isn't there, that should be there.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:12 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Just a thought... Since the Evo8 was one of the most popular ones, wouldnt it make sense to make the EvoX? They already have the rights to Mitsu, so why not?
Old 08-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFTKO View Post
It would be nice to see the McClaren and the Porsche Cayenne added to the series so we don't have to order them from oversees anymore.
Ya i would love the porsche but you dont have to get the slr overseas XI just got the body back in stock buy it from them. Thats what i did that way i don't have to pay a rediculous amount to get it shipped from some other country.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 08-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Stage 2 member

I love Mustangs but I am sick of seeing that 65'. 67-68 fastbacks would be great.
A new line of cars with several body kit options; 5-6 each, or pieces would be nice. It seemed like a successful formula the first time around. I would think that if "customizing" is a core slogan for selling these then you should give the buyer those options. Not just a few supplemental kit pieces. I wish a few of us body guys could talk to executives and say: "Stop thinking neighborhood parts store options and start thinking custom catalog items. Even if it's individual items." It's not like RS is above selling $1.00 items. I know that could get expensive but you could actually build a car in stages and perhaps create a little more variety in the community. This could be done with a current Mustang: Shelby, Mach 1, Bullitt, Foose, GTH, Saleen, Rousch, not to mention the various kit stages some of those names have.
If RS would take a second look at it's target market they would probably find it has changed from when the XMOD line was introduced. YOUR MARKET IS OLDER THEN YOU THINK. ADJUST AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MONEY OPPORTUNITY YOU HAVE WITH THAT MARKET.
Sorry, I will stop now.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Advance member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapecharge View Post
If RS would take a second look at it's target market they would probably find it has changed from when the XMOD line was introduced. YOUR MARKET IS OLDER THEN YOU THINK. ADJUST AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MONEY OPPORTUNITY YOU HAVE WITH THAT MARKET.
Sorry, I will stop now.
+1

+ Nissan GT-R
+ Audi R8
Old 08-20-2008, 04:32 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

Quote:
+2
Old 08-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Stage 2 member

I will send your comments on down the rs line of comments...
Old 08-20-2008, 06:19 PM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB32690 View Post
Just a thought... Since the Evo8 was one of the most popular ones, wouldnt it make sense to make the EvoX? They already have the rights to Mitsu, so why not?
Licenscing changed. Chrysler/Mercedes no longer owns Mitsu, plus it could've just been specifically for the Evo VIII, cause if memory serves me the IX was out already when teh VIII model was released.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:41 PM
That's what she said.

Quote:
Sorry, I will stop now.
+3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937 51058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170 6798214808651328230664709384460955058223

No... No... Keep going... Hopefully RS hears this... I too am sick of all these Mustang (and related) Xmods. This is what, the 5th Mustang?

Change it up a bit. We are in a world of change, Xmods should change too. It's not 1965 anymore...

Last edited by taiwanesekid05; 08-20-2008 at 06:48 PM..
Old 08-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Elite member

yeah i agree
+ 4
Old 08-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze View Post
Licenscing changed. Chrysler/Mercedes no longer owns Mitsu, plus it could've just been specifically for the Evo VIII, cause if memory serves me the IX was out already when teh VIII model was released.
Aha, this is true. I think they came out with the VIII instead of the IX because the VIII was a more popular model with the "tuner" community.

Im just trying to think from RSs prospective. As much as I would love to see 20 new models each with 6 BK styles, I dont think RS will do it. Imagine how many more manufacturing machines they would need to use, how many more moldings of every single piece. Then paying all the people to handle these extra machines... I just cant see them doing it. Even if I was in the position to make these decisions, I wouldnt do it. Its too much work, and too much money.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Elite member

yeah 6 bks are too many i think 2 is good.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

It would be nice to see a NEW Challenger or a F-150 so we dont have to use Mini-Z bodies.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:28 PM
That's what she said.

What?... Xmods has a F-150 body. There's no real need for a Mini-Z body unless you're picky about details.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:13 PM
auto body tech

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via Yahoo to spitfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMER H4 View Post
It would be nice to see a NEW Challenger or a F-150 so we dont have to use Mini-Z bodies.
why use a mini-z body, when you have more chocies in doing a model body? lol! you mite what to think about that?

and this has been said (i forget who) before, who cares what kind of bodys they come out with, when we already know how to make our own bodys, rather it be models or! mini-z's. just one thing you mite want to think about.

and im with you mustang haters. i wish radio shack would make a bidy worth keeping, and not caring and cutting the front bumper all up! cause i cant stand wasting money on a car and spending another 25-35 dallors on a body you accully like it true can be a pain in the ***!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:01 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
I love Mustangs but I am sick of seeing that 65'. 67-68 fastbacks would be great.
A new line of cars with several body kit options; 5-6 each, or pieces would be nice. It seemed like a successful formula the first time around. I would think that if "customizing" is a core slogan for selling these then you should give the buyer those options. Not just a few supplemental kit pieces. I wish a few of us body guys could talk to executives and say: "Stop thinking neighborhood parts store options and start thinking custom catalog items. Even if it's individual items." It's not like RS is above selling $1.00 items. I know that could get expensive but you could actually build a car in stages and perhaps create a little more variety in the community. This could be done with a current Mustang: Shelby, Mach 1, Bullitt, Foose, GTH, Saleen, Rousch, not to mention the various kit stages some of those names have.
Sorry, I will stop now.
WORD!
if they brought out individual BK pieces they would make the hobby more appealing to the "experienced" crowd and actually make the hobby a little more realistic.
basically what i gather from shapes quote is when you custom build a 1:1 car, you do it in stages.(most do anyways)
your starting point depends on your fancy but most start with the engine/drivetrain then go to the framework/suspension/brakes then interior and finally the body.
the final outcome would be more project oriented and the results would be alot more satisfying since the chances of a truly "custom" car would be greater.
the way that the hobby is now, you have to do some truly off the wall stuff to make your car stand out.

i tried to do a few "one off" pieces for this very reason but one person cant meet the requirement of the fanbase.
it takes me about 6 work hours to make a knock off hood but it would take the manufacturers that long to make a batch at a quarter of the cost.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:20 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondo View Post
WORD!
if they brought out individual BK pieces they would make the hobby more appealing to the "experienced" crowd and actually make the hobby a little more realistic.
basically what i gather from shapes quote is when you custom build a 1:1 car, you do it in stages.(most do anyways)
your starting point depends on your fancy but most start with the engine/drivetrain then go to the framework/suspension/brakes then interior and finally the body.
the final outcome would be more project oriented and the results would be alot more satisfying since the chances of a truly "custom" car would be greater.
the way that the hobby is now, you have to do some truly off the wall stuff to make your car stand out.

i tried to do a few "one off" pieces for this very reason but one person cant meet the requirement of the fanbase.
it takes me about 6 work hours to make a knock off hood but it would take the manufacturers that long to make a batch at a quarter of the cost.
WORD AGAIN
exactly!!!! individual body kit peices and maybe even individual rims (some people buy those in stages too, maybe two at first then they save up for two more), or packs of two rims, instead of twelve... they also should have the bodies and kits primered and masked instead of already colored, that would up the individuality by just so much more.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:08 AM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

i'm thinkin' get something like plain blank plastic bodyshells that we can buy and paint. and include a few bodykit pieces in the unpainted shell kit.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:49 PM
That's what she said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
i'm thinkin' get something like plain blank plastic bodyshells that we can buy and paint. and include a few bodykit pieces in the unpainted shell kit.

You're thinking Lexan bodies