Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Just came to share my experience

I haven't been playing with xmods lately nor have i been on xmodsource much.

But i thought id throw an update as to what i have been up to and such.

Looking around i noticed the same old group of Subaru fanboys and all that other crap.

Now unless it comes to trucks (in which case im the largest possible fan of GMC's possible) i have no real bias to any type of car.

Over the past 6 months (since i sold both my old cars) i have owned and driven like 15 seperate cars.

Some were nice some were POS.

Soon after i sold my truck a friend left town for a while and let me borrow his brand new altima. It was a nice little car it had the big 3.5 engine and it was a sporty coupe.

To bad he came back from his vacation early and took the car back. I then phoned a friend and asked him if he could lend me one of his dealership cars.

He came through and for about nothing (money wise) i walked (WALKED!!?? MORE LIKE SPED) off his lot with a 600km old BMW X6. This car was the cream of the crop, fully loaded, fast, luxurious, people mover (although not terribly comfortably with that cramped back seat) best of all it had X-Drive (arguably one of the best AWD systems out there right now).

That was great for about a week until he found a buyer for the car.

I then went back to my old ways of driving a 2007, 3500 GMC sierra (one of my dads companies truck). im sure you can imagine why i gave this car up after one week. Emtying like 400$ in gas into it after a week, was not cool.

I then took another huge leap backwards taking my dads non-work truck a 2007 GMC sierra Denali edition. Although not being as large as the 3500, this thing still ruined me, the beast has a 6.2L engine (WTF!!!).

I then decided to buy a car, (the car chose me) a 2005 S5 Audi, nough said. I insured it under my own way paid my years worth of insurance and i was done. This car was going to take me throughout my grad year. That is until some @$$hole barreled into it at 80Km/h and sent it down a 45degree hill. ( no it was parked, yes i am fine, thanks for worrying) This is where i should mention that Quatro is also a very nice AWD system rivaling X-drive...

Of course i didnt get as much as the car was worth but since i had gotten such a great deal on the car i ended up losing only about the amount i spent on insuring the car. (my friend has mad hookups in the Audi department).

This was when my moms C63 AMG arrived from assembly. Sure enough i jacked this from her everyday she went to work for a nice amount of time until she realized how m uch i drove and how much i was driving up her kilometers. She then took the keys with her everyday to work...

Which was when i bought my next car, a lease return C350 4matic, i got this car for a decent deal since the leaser reutned the car claiming it was too small ( apperantly bought an S-Class instead, jeez what a trade up, eh?)

the car was nice and although it was AMG engine it had the wheels and body kit and such. until i realized why i like big cars. this just wouldnt do, i returned it to mercedes and only took about a 1500$ hit due to my parents outstanding reputation at Mercedes.

A family friend i had helped move to a new house was going back to Iran for 3 weeks. their car... A 2006 Porshe cayenne, great car. But so not my style... Gave it back to them when they returned without any second thoughts.

Which is where my current and again hopefully till the end of my grad year car:

An 07 Audi Q7...

Yes it was bought used, but it was an audi certified vehicle... with only 11000 KM on it.

Uploading pics in a bit... This car is a dream and i have had it for the past 2 weeks...

QUATTRO FTW!!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:25 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15210 Yeah! Well check out what I can do with 2k! A tiny percantage of this whole story.. l

Q7 is a beautiful looking SUV, and defiantly evil in black.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-02-2009, 01:30 AM
SPR

you change cars more than i change my underwear.....
Old 01-02-2009, 03:16 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
you change cars more than i change my underwear.....
......? No comment......

Yea, you change cars way to much, either your to rich, or you cant drive.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:58 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

no he isn't a bad driver...at least i don't think
congrats with your decision of that SUv. it looks sick
just don't get it in silver. silver's overrated. get a color that's not really common
Old 01-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Christ, wish I had that kind of money laying around at your age, hell at my age too.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Thats what she said.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to biggie862005

my goodness.....and your how old?
Old 01-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Xmod Expert

Im 18 now. I dont have that much money, hell next year at university or whatever i end up doing, i wont have much money left. Its just cars are something thats important to me. Everyone sees you in your car and its a real image of yourself. (I know how stuck up that may seem, but thats how it is. Its not like im saying "oh i wont drive ugly cars" i drove a beat up GMC for 2 years, its just ive moved on, sure i still use trucks like that for work, but im not going to buy one fore every day use.)

Anyways however you take that is fine with me.

time for pics:

Plans are fairly simple for now... keep it stock till i get bored...LOL!

Oh to those who said stuff about the colour, i would never, NEVER! buy a silver car. i would buy a pink car before i would own a silver car...

EDIT: problems with it so far:

- NOT A 4.2L...HAHA i really cheaped out there...

Last edited by meme405; 01-05-2009 at 10:01 PM..
Old 01-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I got nothin...

wow. that is absolutely beautiful. congratulations.

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 01-05-2009, 10:07 PM
MSI <3

i can has?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Stage 1 member

Man I thought I was bad having 5 cars in 7 years. 2 Tiburons, 2 Wranglers and 1 Cherokee.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 PM
MSI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Rubicon View Post
Man I thought I was bad having 5 cars in 7 years. 2 Tiburons, 2 Wranglers and 1 Cherokee.
you remind me of me. i only like jeeps right now. i don't ike tiburons though.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
you remind me of me. i only like jeeps right now. i don't ike tiburons though.
eww tiburons...

its like a messed up mistu gone ugly...
Old 01-05-2009, 10:49 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

You still in North Van? You want to give me a ride in that beast?
Old 01-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
You still in North Van? You want to give me a ride in that beast?
West Van...

You live in Richmond right? Shiiit man last time i was out that way was a long time ago. ever since my buddy's car shop moved to the north shore i don't go out there anymore.

You guys get hit hard with the snow? i had like 27" at one point but i live pretty far up the side of the mountains... I have been having so much fun with Quattro and this truck, its got nice all seasons on there and i swear to god there is no stopping this thing. I had the front bumper, which is about five inches off the ground, plowing snow and i still couldn't get the tires to spin for very long...

Yeah but seriously an Audi isnt just a car. Ever since I bought my first Audi, I've met so many new people. Others just walk up to you and ask about the car and how you like it, and its like one huge community. Even more so than I dare say Jeep or Subaru.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

You guys get hit hard with the snow? i had like 27" at one point but i live pretty far up the side of the mountains... I have been having so much fun with Quattro and this truck, its got nice all seasons on there and i swear to god there is no stopping this thing. I had the front bumper, which is about five inches off the ground, plowing snow and i still couldn't get the tires to spin for very long...

Yeah but seriously an Audi isnt just a car. Ever since I bought my first Audi, I've met so many new people. Others just walk up to you and ask about the car and how you like it, and its like one huge community. Even more so than I dare say Jeep or Subaru.
I hate you! My moms Acura 1.6EL can't get out of the street, grandpa's Van, its alright. And my Uncle's MDX, its quite fine. Not much problems yet! Traction control has come on serveral times, but thats pretty normal.

I live in Vancouver! Always did! We had 30cm last time I checked. Which was all powered, now it's ice and snow which is about maybe 40? 50cm? Haven't checked, but I could.

Last nights snow strom was insane. The snow was crazy. High winds, and lots of snow. Which if you made a finger print in there, its covered in 30seconds or less. We are looking at a Hummer H3, as we can get a killer deal for it. Only about 30k fully loaded. It's a 08 with 22" rims, which we don't want and probably would get 33" tires or something. Now you really have to take my for a ride in that thing! It's been my dream SUV for awhile back then. Still sexy though!