Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Appearance > Members Mini & Micro RC Garages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2008, 11:08 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

So a few weeks back I picked up a Mini-Z MA-010 and a roller chassis from coolcar24th for an absolute steal, the AWD was bone stock with a grey / green Skyline body shell on it which no offense to coolcar24th had seen better days...

The front spliter was damaged and the rear wing was missing, so I took a drill and made some holes and then modified the Xmods Skyline spoiler to fit, pretty cheap I know so as soon as I can I will buy a new shell...

Once I had finished my body work I went about spending some cash on this sucker, now I had planned to do more before showing this car of but I'm in a cash flow crisis at the moment so this will have to do:

Mini-Z MA-010 AWD Chassis
Atomic Suspension Arm System Pro Kit (SAS)
Atomic SAS Spring #3 Blue
Atomic AWD Ball Bearing Stock Motor
Open Bearing Set
Atomic Locked Differential (Spool)
Atomic 27.280 RX and TX crystals
Team Losi Pro TX Controller

The lock differential can be placed in the front or back of the car, for the time being it is in the back of the car.

At the rear the car runs 1 degree of toe in and 2 degree camber, the adjustable SAS raises the rear of the car slightly hire then the front.

So without further ado here is my Mini-Z:

I know that isn't much of a garage but if this is anything like my Xmods collection it will probably grow pretty quickly!

So about 2 weeks after getting my first Mini-Z I have second one.... this baby comes courtesy of Nitromare and is running the following setup:

Atomic Diffs
Atomic 2 degree knuckles
Atomic SAS rear with Red springs and 2 degree
Lay down crystal adapter
Stacked fets
Top secret motor
Alum. 19 tooth pinion
Atomic swing shafts (front and rear)
Atomic SSG front plate
Atomic Motor heat sink
PN D5 alum. rims (0 front +1.5)
Ferrari 355 body
06 Subaru STI body
Blue chassis with gold terminals

and here it is:

I also got a bunch of spare rims so was able to put some new shoes on my Skyline:

I'm should be moving house start of July so will finally have some driveway to run these suckers on....

So I've decided to swap the bodies on my newest MA-010, the STI body is great but the rear wheels have such a big offset they look a little strange, the Ferrari body fits much more snuggly:

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 05-27-2008 at 11:25 AM..
Old 05-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Observer (for now) :)

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via Yahoo to XMODification

COOL!! AWDZ is a definately a nice start into the Z world . If it's gonna be anything like your Xmod Collection you better be prepared to blow a whole lotta cash on those babies . I only have 3 Z (2 MR-01 and 1 MR-015) plus a Firelap and I have about 4 autoscales bodies too - my only plans will be to get an awd and a MR-02 then I'll cool with those then.

Btw - great job on the upgrades - lets see a vid of it in action now!
Old 05-01-2008, 02:49 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Dude I'd love to do a video for you but problem is I only have drift tires at the moment! I need to order some new ones as I don't have a suitable surface to drift on!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 05-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

wow looks amazing how much u pay for it i know u said it was a steal but how much

In other words velcro will work just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 View Post
Xmods are a universal language.
SMOKE TIRES NOT DRUGS
Old 05-01-2008, 03:48 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangdude94 View Post
wow looks amazing how much u pay for it i know u said it was a steal but how much
For the moment I am going to keep the price between myself and coolcar24th but what I will say is the parts I just put into it cost me about the same as the car.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

wow thats is a steal

In other words velcro will work just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 View Post
Xmods are a universal language.
SMOKE TIRES NOT DRUGS
Old 05-01-2008, 09:08 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

I would suggest upgrading your chassis to include the competition chassis. The plastic pieces in this kit are a little more durable and will probably last longer than the stock plastic your currently have on there. I cracked a stock front upper cover and quickly replaced it with one from that kit; much more durable feel and seems a little more precise, too. You could always just dump money into alloy, too.

Glad to see you've caught one of the greatest diseases known to man. Put your wallet in a safe place.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 05-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via AIM to coolcar24th Send a message via MSN to coolcar24th

Glad you like the Z. Im pretty sure you can take the slicks off of the dummy chassis and replace the drift tires with those. The drift tires come off pretty easy.
Old 05-01-2008, 10:13 PM

Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to 123Vette Send a message via Yahoo to 123Vette

ahhh i love the gunmetal rims on the white skyline looks so clean
Old 05-02-2008, 09:39 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
I would suggest upgrading your chassis to include the competition chassis. The plastic pieces in this kit are a little more durable and will probably last longer than the stock plastic your currently have on there. I cracked a stock front upper cover and quickly replaced it with one from that kit; much more durable feel and seems a little more precise, too. You could always just dump money into alloy, too.

Glad to see you've caught one of the greatest diseases known to man. Put your wallet in a safe place.
I was actually going to order this part but because the Z was pre-built when I got it I'm still not 100% sure on how to completely break it down... I know lame excuse... I'm going to order a whole bunch of new parts new month so maybe i'll get it then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcar24th View Post
Glad you like the Z. Im pretty sure you can take the slicks off of the dummy chassis and replace the drift tires with those. The drift tires come off pretty easy.
Huh I did not realize that I will see if I can take the drift tires of - thanks!

Old 05-02-2008, 09:55 AM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
I was actually going to order this part but because the Z was pre-built when I got it I'm still not 100% sure on how to completely break it down... I know lame excuse... I'm going to order a whole bunch of new parts new month so maybe i'll get it then....
This is a great break down thread with very clear pictures of what goes into the MA010. I'd also be able to give you clear, descriptive pictures if you ran into problems. Since you'll be tearing it all down anyway, you may also want to go with a full titanium screw set; much better than the stock phillips head ones and they don't strip out as easily.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 05-02-2008, 11:11 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
This is a great break down thread with very clear pictures of what goes into the MA010. I'd also be able to give you clear, descriptive pictures if you ran into problems. Since you'll be tearing it all down anyway, you may also want to go with a full titanium screw set; much better than the stock phillips head ones and they don't strip out as easily.
Alright.... thanks a lot dude! Looks like next month will be a busy one for me which reminds me I really need to finish my comp entry as well!!

Old 05-22-2008, 03:34 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
I'm should be moving house start of July so will finally have some driveway to run these suckers on....
Woah! Don't do that, B1G! I beg of you. If you've got the money to lay down on these MA010's, you should treat them nicely; that way you don't have to lay down any more cash than you already have. Take the plunge and invest in some RCP track. It's actually a quite a bit less expensive than it was way back when. A concrete driveway will tear these things to shreds and won't keep them in prestine driving condition like you want them to.

Oh, yes, the MA010s... They look great, actually. I've always liked the looks of the clear blue chassis.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 05-22-2008, 03:36 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Woah! Don't do that, B1G! I beg of you. If you've got the money to lay down on these MA010's, you should treat them nicely; that way you don't have to lay down any more cash than you already have. Take the plunge and invest in some RCP track. It's actually a quite a bit less expensive than it was way back when. A concrete driveway will tear these things to shreds and won't keep them in prestine driving condition like you want them to.

Oh, yes, the MA010s... They look great, actually. I've always liked the looks of the clear blue chassis.
I don't know if it makes a difference but its tarmac rather than concrete, in the sun it should be nice and warm and soft.... if I can spare some cash I'll get some track I just dont know where I'm going to put it....

Old 05-22-2008, 03:38 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
I don't know if it makes a difference but its tarmac rather than concrete, in the sun it should be nice and warm and soft.... if I can spare some cash I'll get some track I just dont know where I'm going to put it....
On your tarmac driveway.

I'd say at least test it with an Xmod first. Although it may look flawless to your eye at first, these tiny scale RCs tend to find every little imperfection and turn it into a huge ordeal. Wouldn't want to see you ruin your new MiniZs because of a crack in your tarmac.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 05-22-2008, 03:42 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
On your tarmac driveway.

I'd say at least test it with an Xmod first. Although it may look flawless to your eye at first, these tiny scale RCs tend to find every little imperfection and turn it into a huge ordeal. Wouldn't want to see you ruin your new MiniZs because of a crack in your tarmac.
Thanks for the advice man....

Out of interest how do you think my new one stacks up against you one with the Nelly....?

Old 05-22-2008, 03:46 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Out of interest how do you think my new one stacks up against you one with the Nelly....?
Couldn't tell ya' because I simply do not know. If you ever make it up to Michigan, bring them along and we'll find out the answer to that question.

Nelly over stacked FETs, though. It's a tough call, I think your motor has a lower wind count. Mine's a 39T, I can't remember what a Top Secret is, same style can, too.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 05-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Advance member

Send a message via MSN to Spoon_Tuner

Nice, I bet their fast.

Both of those colors for the Skyline look great but I am standing my ground and white has to be the favorite color of mine on all cars.

I keep trying to find a flawless condition White GT-R but I still have been unable to find one.

Hey one question.
About the S.A.S, when you got it and set it up and everything and put the body on top, did you have any trouble with it. I have the skyline and I had to set the body tabs that connect to the chassis a little further up because the back end of of car was sitting so high up that it looked, it just looked really akward.

Did you have any thing like that happen with you?
Old 05-22-2008, 05:16 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

No I didn't have any problems with it.... my rear end sits a little high because I have the adjustable shocks set that way but the body clips where fine....

I recognize your name but its obviously not from here as your post count is so low! PM me if your interested in that white skyline shell its only a roller so I could let it go, I'll take a look over it but I think its pretty much mint.....

Old 05-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Advance member

Send a message via MSN to Spoon_Tuner

Oh I see you have had trouble with that.

I didnt buy any camber for my S.A.S so when I lowered the tabs on the body and the offsets I was using was disabling the whole function of the S.A.S.

So now I dont even use the S.A.S and don't really like it either because its not for my driving type.

Sorry for not paying attention...

Yeah I mainly have posted in the MISC. R/C'S section and REAL CAR'S section. Im done with XMODS.

Yeah I mainly have posted in the MISC. R/C'S section and REAL CAR'S section. Im done with XMODS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid
Please try not to double post, Spoon_Tuner.

Last edited by Donziikid; 05-22-2008 at 05:40 PM.. Reason: Double Post.