Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 08-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (20)
Default we need to start a constant barrage to RS

ok lately we have been seeing all our much needed parts get retired and things at RS. Most of you are learning that by the day that most of the upgrades we count on to keep our cars running and looking good are being discontinued fast. we have seen at our hometown RSs the xmods part and car supplies dry up and only to not be released again. we as a whole can stop this by emailing RS and telling them that you are looking for these parts and were disappointed to learn it was no longer available at your RS or in their online store. we can stop this if we choose to so please join me in the crusade to get the parts we want and need back on the shelves.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

yea people please email RS and demand the xmod stuff!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:56 AM
I <3 you!

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to DrIfToRDIe Send a message via Yahoo to DrIfToRDIe

hmm this reminds me kinda off that episode of southpark about world of warcraft and they deafeat those little hogs to get to 1,000,000 exp points but yeah im in if i can figure out how to send them e-mails
Old 08-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIfToRDIe View Post
hmm this reminds me kinda off that episode of southpark about world of warcraft and they deafeat those little hogs to get to 1,000,000 exp points but yeah im in if i can figure out how to send them e-mails
Nah... An email bomber client would be useless. They'd probably end up either creating a lawsuit against you, or just shift their info to a new email address and give you an email form rather than an email address to send to.

EDIT: For those who don't know, email bomber clients send 5000 or more email spam and junk mail messages to a specified email address. Its not an easy program to use, but in this case, it would be useless and a waste of time anyway.

Last edited by REDisFASTER; 08-04-2007 at 03:29 AM..
Old 08-04-2007, 03:10 AM
Advance member

i agree we should do something about RS but i agree with RED that it wont do much good to email them
Old 08-04-2007, 04:49 AM
XMS moderator

Send a message via MSN to tayyab

how about we all STORM into RS and start screaming our heads off and protest? lol that would be funny
Old 08-04-2007, 10:40 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

gret idea!
also go to the store with a piece of paper. ask to hang your sign in their window. now when the employees and the manager come to work they read: BRING BACK XMODS!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (20)

well those idiots dont care about profits I got an email from them stating they cant just pull stuff off of other stores shelves for me. My rs does it all the time and sends it to their store. why the heck wont a company as large as RS not want to clear the shelves of clearance items? sounds like a poor decission or their part.
and firebird999 my RS is the ones who are trying to help me get the stuff and bring in xmods so I have them.

Last edited by xmodsnut; 08-04-2007 at 11:25 AM..
Old 08-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to jesseeast1 Send a message via Yahoo to jesseeast1

What about us canadians!
Honda Civic- Black- Rally
Acura RSX- Silver- Circuit
Toyota Supra- White- Street Racer so far!
Hummer- Crawler

C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N-R-A-C-E-R
Old 08-04-2007, 12:38 PM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

just petition. if you get enough sigs they legally have to restart production of xmods
Old 08-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Kraizer793

Smile Totally

I fully agree with this. My RS doesn't sell hardly any xmod stuff. only a few starter kits, the cosmetics for all (wheels, bk's, lights, etc.) but hardly any good performance upgrades. (except for the S2 and AWD.) I think this is what we should do...

Go to their contact page and everybody send a complaint about how there being a shortage on xmods in our local RS stores. When they actually send you an email (not their automated thank you letter), just start replying to that person. I remember a while back when I was trying to figure out if xmods was going down the drain, I submit one. I got some dude named Benjamin Childs, I kept on replying to that email, and so did he. The point is, just start complaining. Or, just use the ship to store feature!. Or just buy a lot more stuff. they'll soon see that people really do want the xmods back.

EDIT: I just called my local radio shack and got the WORST customer service ever!! , here's how it went:

Ring....Ring...Hello, this is Radioshack, edgewater mall, my name's evan, how may I help you?
Me: Hi, Evan, Could you check if you have a product in stock? I was planning on coming in today and wanted to make sure you had it.
Evan: yeah, whatever, what are ya' looking for?
Me: The XMODS RC bearings upgrade.
Evan: no, we don't. is that it?
Me: Could you order it in for me?
Evan: No, if you want it so bad, just order it yourself.
Me: well I get free shipping if I use the ship to store.
Evan: yeah, well, just order it.
Me: I don't want to order it, I would like either A, you to please order it in for me, or B, I'll take my business elsewhere(I didn't say it mean, I just told her the truth)
Evan: Ok, bye.

and she hung up on me. when i go get my new truck today, I'm going to complain to the manager. If you want to call (It's on the Mississippi Gulf coast, ya know, the place where Katrina hit?) the number is (228)-388-4536

Last edited by xmodmaverick; 08-04-2007 at 01:02 PM..
Old 08-04-2007, 12:56 PM
drifter and engineer

i just created the petition to bring back all the xmods stuff
here's the link to sign if you think it's a good idea
http://www.petitiononline.com/xmdsback/petition.html
Old 08-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Teh 1337 Azn

Send a message via AIM to vietazndude Send a message via MSN to vietazndude

already signed xmdrifter. Wow, i didnt know some people from radioshack would be like that

Fighting in a forum is like being in the special olympics, Win or lose Your still retarded!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:29 PM
XMS moderator

Send a message via MSN to tayyab

ok here's what i wrote in the comments area:

you people should NOT stop making the xmods stuff, people all over the WORLD thake xmods as a CAREER, they get SPONSERED and earn MONEY, i dont think they will be very happy when they find out that their career has ended, if you people are very shelfish and will do that I SWEAR I WILL NOT EVER ENTER RADIOSHACK AS LONG AS I LIVE AND WILL STOP MY FRIENDS FROM GOING THERE AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU PEOLPE DID, I NEVER EXPECTED THIS FROM A COMPANY WHICH I SUPPORTED FROM THE START AND WILL BE COMPLETLY AGAINST YOU..

they should get a kick out of this!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:31 PM
drifter and engineer

you just signed a petition the said to bring back the all retired xmods stuff(that means Gen1 too)
i just read what you wrote and omg i think they should get a kick outta it
Old 08-04-2007, 02:07 PM
Elite member

im all for more xmod stuff, but...

business is business, and if its not making money then its not on the shelf.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Alright, I'm in but how about us canadian guys?!? I think we should tell them to bring it back to the source!!!

Comment: Bring the entire Xmods starter kits and upgrades back to the US and Canada!!! There are thousands of Xmodders world wide, and if you dont bring them back in stock, they will be very dissapointed!!

Someone check that over for me Also, xmodmarvick, tell us what the manager said!!

Last edited by dontspamme; 08-04-2007 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: Forgot something
Old 08-04-2007, 03:21 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Maybe they are selling off upgrades in preparation to release a new chasis with new upgrades. It takes a long time to sell completely out of such an established product. Case in point; Gen 1 upgrades... there are still gen 1 upgrade floating around I'm sure (I picked up a few myself when I was in NC) and gen 1s were retired almost two years ago.

Radioshack I doubt will stop selling Xmods...from what I've heard they can't keep the transformer ones on the shelf (atleast where I live).

The fact that the gen 1s and some of the evos aren't available anymore makes them special....makes them hold value. If every single person in the world had a Supra Xmod than that Xmod wouldn't be very special. Plus they can't have a billion different Starter kits for sale all at once. If they can make you think that what's on the shelf won't be available in the future then you'll be more motivated to buy it.

I would be against bringing the retired back (even though I prefer gen 1s) because I want to see what they have to offer in the future. I want to see a new chasis and new bodies.

I seriously doubt radioshack will stop selling Xmods all together.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMDrifter View Post
just petition. if you get enough sigs they legally have to restart production of xmods
They dont have to legally do anything...

As for the petition that was made, its weak. If you sent that to RS, it really wouldnt be taken seriously.

http://xmodworld.com/modules.php?nam...wtopic&t=23691

This is an example of a well written, and researched petition I participated in, to keep internet radio FREE

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-04-2007, 04:19 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic_guy View Post
Maybe they are selling off upgrades in preparation to release a new chasis with new upgrades. It takes a long time to sell completely out of such an established product. Case in point; Gen 1 upgrades... there are still gen 1 upgrade floating around I'm sure (I picked up a few myself when I was in NC) and gen 1s were retired almost two years ago.

Radioshack I doubt will stop selling Xmods...from what I've heard they can't keep the transformer ones on the shelf (atleast where I live).

The fact that the gen 1s and some of the evos aren't available anymore makes them special....makes them hold value. If every single person in the world had a Supra Xmod than that Xmod wouldn't be very special. Plus they can't have a billion different Starter kits for sale all at once. If they can make you think that what's on the shelf won't be available in the future then you'll be more motivated to buy it.

I would be against bringing the retired back (even though I prefer gen 1s) because I want to see what they have to offer in the future. I want to see a new chasis and new bodies.

I seriously doubt radioshack will stop selling Xmods all together.
lol...dont take a special trip to NC for gen.1 xmod parts. I have been searching high and low and the last gen.1 upgrade I found was a stage 2 motor kit about a month ago, that is it and there is nothing else around here. I wouldnt mind them bringing the gen.1 upgrades back out on shelves because I get tired of having to use ebay to purchase them (sick of paying three times as much as they were originall sold for on shelves).
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)