Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > General 1/10 scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner
Default Winner's OTA R31 (Well kinda..)

hey guys awhile back i decided to get into drifting, did a LOT of research and decided on a Street Jam OTA R31. before placing my order i found the R2 identical clone called the TEH R31 i decided since i was going to end up replacing 99% of the parts to Eagle Racing Aluminum and Carbon i midas well save the money and go for the clone.

it came in the mail in a box made from Foam sheets that were taped together, pretty cool idea but there's no way i can reuse the box lol. after getting it built i was pretty impressed with the quality for the price. how ever there were 2 common breaking points on this chassis.
1. the pulley pins (the Street Jam had the same exact problem)
2. the plastic diff out drives

i fixed both of these before the maiden run, for the pins i just got myself some real pens and O rings to hold them in place. then for the out drives i took some aluminum tubes and cut them to size to hold me over until i get my alloy Eagle Racing front one way, and rear solid spool diffs.

pic of the out drive fix:

the stock plastic threaded were junk too, very hard top adjust, dumped them for some 3Racing aluminum threaded bodies.

for a body i really didnt car because this was my first drift car and i was going to destroy any body i got learning so i picked up mega cheapo $10 PVC body from R2 and really didnt give much effort into masking it. but it didnt turn out to bad for a not even half *** job.

but like i said, its a learning body, and being PVC it shatters, especially when your drifting with a friend at his dad's indoor car lot xD thus this came out:

but all in all i'm having a blast with it, every friday night we meet up with a lot of great guys and we occasionally have comps and meets at local tracks. we've even been asked to come up to weekly car shows where they'd save us a spot and lay out a track

here's some random pics:

current specs:
ESC: Brushless Hobbies 120a LP4
Motor: Thunder Power 8.5t
Battery: Gens Ace 5000mAH 40c 3s
Servo: T-Pro MG946R
Tires: Sushi
Comp Tires: R2 T-Drift

the power system is wayyy to powerful, when i drift i have to set my throttle endpoints to 15% i talked to one of the pros at one of the meets on fridays and he told me if i put grip tires on it and keep it straight i'd be hitting upper 80's to lower 90's in a speed run.

Questions, Comments, all welcome

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants