Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
micro-creationist

Trader Rating: (1)
Default My Crawler is getting a uprated power system....

Hi!

So right around Christmas I bought a new big toy for myself from a good friend/business accociate that is really into Rock crawling. He has several comp ready trucks including two unbelieveably trick moA rigs that would qualify for super Class....

Anyhow, he needed to downsize his fleet (the wife doesnt like him having over 10 grand invested in toys ) so I bought an Axial AX10 rig with some cool upgrades for $300. It has a bunch of cool features (alloy prop shafts, aftermarket tranny and dig) and has a Novak Brushless system made specifically for crawling.

I'm really getting into the crawling craze and I've come to the conclusion that while the brushless system is good it is a bit limited on super quick power (it runs 7.4 volt li-po only). I've come across some situations where I've wanted some extra pop for wheelie drops or epic power moves so i hit up ebay after doing a little research:

The Novak Goat 3cell crawler esc
a couple no-name 11.1 /1500mAh/25C cell packs.

All told with shipping i spent $200...which with the US conversion was a smoking deal!

Once I get my gear in I'll show everyone cowboy's crawler...