Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Nitro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Simple. I'd buy a T-Maxx over an LST or Savage anyday! Between a T-Maxx and AE's MGT, I'm partial to AE, so the MGT might be the one I buy... T-Maxx is for 'basic racing' and all out fun! Revo, I'm scared... The suspension arms and the rocker arm suspension... It looks too fragile to be bashed! It looks more like a full-on track truck!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
Simple. I'd buy a T-Maxx over an LST or Savage anyday! Between a T-Maxx and AE's MGT, I'm partial to AE, so the MGT might be the one I buy... T-Maxx is for 'basic racing' and all out fun! Revo, I'm scared... The suspension arms and the rocker arm suspension... It looks too fragile to be bashed! It looks more like a full-on track truck!
From what I know

Savage=Extreme basher
Revo=Racing built truck
T-Maxx=Bestselling truck
Nitro Stampede=Great beginner truck, good bashing.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:59 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Don't be certain about the Stampede being a 'beginner truck' only. They've got lots of potential (well, the electric ones as far as I know).

Check out the 'pede thread at RCU: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_23...tm.htm#2358901
Old 01-05-2008, 11:50 AM
is here

Quote:
Don't be certain about the Stampede being a 'beginner truck' only. They've got lots of potential (well, the electric ones as far as I know).

Check out the 'pede thread at RCU: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_23...tm.htm#2358901
I didn't say it's only a beginner truck, I said it does a good, no wait great job as a beginner truck. It has potential yes. Wheelies like no tomorrow. Just no reverse which builds up driving skills. Plus I never would have had to use reverse. Wheelies everytime you gun the throttle and I run in a really big field. Plus it doesn't hit the curb, it goes right up them.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodracer1 View Post
From what I know

Savage=Extreme basher
Revo=Racing built truck
T-Maxx=Bestselling truck
Nitro Stampede=Great beginner truck, good bashing.
The savage is an extreme basher, and that's about all it can do. If you drop about $250 into it, your at what a stock Tmaxx can do, which isn't that great.

The revo is race-ready (well, pin tires would be good). It's good at bashing becuase it's so versatile (street-dirt-mud-track-dunes) without changing the suspension. You can go through all the first three with consistent handling.

The Tmaxx is outdated now. I don't like the chassis and the supension is alright. They have problems with the bulk heads breaking, but it's expected.

The Stampedes (Don't know about the Nitro's) are good for beginners, but with a BL system (ask Donzii) it can go far and do alot. The biggest thing I miss when going from Revo to Pede is the power. But a diffrent motor and batteries isn't too expensive.

Quote:
I think Junk-mod-er at XMW/IRC had the story from hell on his MGT, but that was just him. And we know Junk (and his hot glue gun antics )...

I would go Tmaxx becuase it has larger aftermarket support and if something goes wrong, Traxxas has your back.

But remember:
Revo>Tmaxx
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 01-09-2008, 05:54 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
The savage is an extreme basher, and that's about all it can do. If you drop about $250 into it, your at what a stock Tmaxx can do, which isn't that great.

The revo is race-ready (well, pin tires would be good). It's good at bashing becuase it's so versatile (street-dirt-mud-track-dunes) without changing the suspension. You can go through all the first three with consistent handling.

The Tmaxx is outdated now. I don't like the chassis and the supension is alright. They have problems with the bulk heads breaking, but it's expected.

The Stampedes (Don't know about the Nitro's) are good for beginners, but with a BL system (ask Donzii) it can go far and do alot. The biggest thing I miss when going from Revo to Pede is the power. But a diffrent motor and batteries isn't too expensive.

I think Junk-mod-er at XMW/IRC had the story from hell on his MGT, but that was just him. And we know Junk (and his hot glue gun antics )...

I would go Tmaxx becuase it has larger aftermarket support and if something goes wrong, Traxxas has your back.

But remember:
Revo>Tmaxx
The Nitro Stampede is a good basher. The shocks could be a little stronger though.