Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-11-2011, 02:44 PM
<- my e39 m5 DreaM

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Gen 1 wont turn correctly.

hello,
i am having some problems with my gen 1 xmod. i cannot get the full turn out of the steering. it turns just a little bit. the wheels turn, but they almost look straight when they are turned either directions. i can manually turn the wheels more when i turn the wheels on the car with my hands but other than that, it wont turn worth crap.

any ideas on what would do this or how to fix it?

yesterday i put in awd, and locked the back diff with the new gear. i was expecting the car to drift but again, nothing good happend. i have foam tires and the 6 cell isnt on the car yet, but awd is in stalled with the rest of the carbeing stock.

help me out please..

thanks.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:49 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

First thing I would check is the dial on the back of the TX / Controller - just make sure it is fully turns as it controls how much turning radius you have.

If that isn't it we can look into what it might be on the car itself that is causing the binding.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 01-11-2011, 04:27 PM
<- my e39 m5 DreaM

yes, i looked through tthe owner manual. the tun dial on the nack of the remote is turned for the tightest turns. when it goes striaght, it will veer to one side then go straight. but one thing at a time here..
its very wierd. it used to turn to the right somewhat sharp and i checked the yellow steering rod that site on the the bottom of the car and turns the knuckles and its on the correct hole.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

make sure the steering rod is locked into the servo horn.. It might be off the servo inside and that would cause those issues. The two little prongs that hold it to the servo horn look at those.. one might be cracked off or somthing..

See where the exacto knife is pointing

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901

Last edited by TripleXmodder(akaXXX); 01-11-2011 at 06:57 PM..
Old 01-12-2011, 02:53 AM
<- my e39 m5 DreaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleXmodder(akaXXX) View Post
make sure the steering rod is locked into the servo horn.. It might be off the servo inside and that would cause those issues. The two little prongs that hold it to the servo horn look at those.. one might be cracked off or somthing..

See where the exacto knife is pointing
define locked?
it is in there but it didn't snap in, or click in or anything. it just kind fit in there. i mean it turns the car without a doubt, it just seems the servo isnt doing its full job.

my other gen. 1 x mod did this too. it turned nice one way or somewhat good one way but the opposite direction wasn't to good.

to me, it seems that the servo horn is being stressed or something. can i buy just a new servo that turns the steering rod and put it in there and replace the old one completely? or is it a big wiring job? i havent taken the car apart to the mother board yet.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:03 PM
<- my e39 m5 DreaM

triple x modder, are you still in business with xmods / trix mini garage??
im thinking of just having you redo my car if your still in business? do some mods, clean it up, etc. i have had the car a week or so and am sick of fighting with the turning.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

sure am.. go to the approved service providers thread and check my service thread out. Ill work a deal.. just shoot me a PM about the issue.

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 01-12-2011, 11:18 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big J View Post
define locked?
it is in there but it didn't snap in, or click in or anything. it just kind fit in there. i mean it turns the car without a doubt, it just seems the servo isnt doing its full job.

my other gen. 1 x mod did this too. it turned nice one way or somewhat good one way but the opposite direction wasn't to good.

to me, it seems that the servo horn is being stressed or something. can i buy just a new servo that turns the steering rod and put it in there and replace the old one completely? or is it a big wiring job? i havent taken the car apart to the mother board yet.
This is normal for Gen. 1's as all of them that I have owned have had the same issue. The turning radius is favored in one direction over the other in every case. There should be a tutorial around here somewhere that can show you how to recenter the servo, which could improve the performance closer to where you want it.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)