Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 12:20 AM
SPR

Default Civic Charity Project

Yup. Taking on a civic project. I know weird huh... But heres the purpose.

Had a junker civic body laying around. Some Spare paint, and a little spare time and a Idea in my head.
So my plan is to build this thing up from scratch. Chassis and All, Piece by Piece. Completely out of spare, unwanted, laying around or donated parts. Then build it up to a very nice presentable, drivceable car.

Then im going to donate it to someone. Havnt decided how thats going to happen yet. Wether it be a contest or what. But someone Will be getting this when its all said and done. But ill keep you all updated on how that will work when i figure it out.

While i plan to donate all the time fixing this up, and most of the parts. anyone who has anything to benefit it and would be willing to donate parts i would greatly appreciate it! As im sure would the person that will be recieving this car in the future!

How ever i am setting two Simple rules on this Build. This car must be completly pieced together! No going out and buying a 100% working chassis. It has to be built piece by piece from spare/unwated pieces. My goal is to salvage some of the broken Xmods, and bring one more Working Xmod back into the world! 2nd. Gotta be an Evo Chassis. Since its the easiest to maintain and get parts for, and IMO is more reliable than a Gen 1, i want this to truely be one of the better xmods out there.

So Lets Get this project Started!
First ill start with a list of parts needed.

Any and All Chassis Parts
Stock Body Kit
Upgrades
Appearance Accessories

Heres the Before On the Car.
No Mirrors.
No Head or Tail Light Lenses.
Trunk Holes Drilled for Spoiler, But no Spoiler.
No Front Bumper.
Broken Rear Bumper. (went in the trash)
Tabs on side skirts were broke, so they had to be glued on (also went in the trash)
Banged and scuffed up body in poor shape.

Pictures after tear down.

First Coat of Paint.

More to come very soon
Responses Please!

Last edited by SPR; 12-17-2008 at 12:42 AM..
Old 12-17-2008, 12:31 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

I think I have a few stock / mild pieces laying around I'll look when I get home Friday....

I have some chassis pieces laying around as well I'll send you a list of what I have!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 12-17-2008, 12:47 AM
SPR

Andrew your the best! Let me know what you come up with.
Just in case you didnt notice, i just edited the first post. i want to build this car onto an evo chassis. not a 1stgen.

by the way, still need that truck chassis? PM me if u do... small issue.

So heres an update. (told ya it would be quick)

For starters, the paint will be the same Light Gun Metal Grey you all saw me put on Models STi.

So on that note. Please help me with the wheel color.

Im donating a brand new set of Evo Wheels to this car.

Should i paint them? What Color if Yes? Or leave them the Yellow/Bronze Color?

Anyways heres a paint update. Im done painting for the night. its 0 Degrees out side and snowing!! Its seriously not good weather for painting lol. So the finished paint job might be on hold for a coupel days.

More Later
Old 12-17-2008, 12:52 AM
drifter and engineer

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

keep the bronze color. it looks good on silver
Old 12-17-2008, 01:07 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

hmmm... evo chassis... OK I'll look and let you know, I know for definite that I have the body kit pieces though....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 12-17-2008, 02:45 AM

Trader Rating: (0)

wow this is great. thanks for doing this. although i am new if i had the parts you needed they would be on there way
Old 12-17-2008, 02:58 AM
Modifier

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

Here's a better idea dude- ebay it and donate the winning $ to a charity. All of us have plenty of mods and the work, intention, and finish of the project are all (going to be) very commendable.

Also, its kinda ironic saying it'll be from scratch, yet that scratch will be extra parts. Or did I read this wrong and you will build the chassis piece from raw materials?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:37 AM
SPR

well a custom painted civic is only going to sell for about 40 bucks on ebay... 50 at max. Unless i get some seriously generous donations and start getting lipo's and spiders and chilli motors or something crazy.

40 bucks isnt really worth donating to a charity that could careless about a xmod. Im not doing this to help the homeless, i spend lots of my hard earned money on real charitys all the time between my car club, and just out of the goodness of my heart. just 10 days ago my car club and i donated over $1500 dollars worth of toys for Toys for Tots charity.

Im doing this for a couple reasons...

I want to do everything im capable of, to keep the xmod world alive and kicking. so i feel putting one more Xmod than there was before, back to life and back into the world, and stiring up some more interest with a cool project to top it off would be a small role in achiving what i want.

2nd, when i said from scratch. i mean i dont want to just got by a working xmod and paint it, throw a awd kit in it, and say here ya go all done. Im going to collect all the pieces i can from none working xmods, and personally installed every single screw into that chassis as i build it from the battery tray up.

3rd, all of us DONT have plenty of xmods.

i know theres quite a few on here that only have 1, maybe 2. and theres quite a few that would greatly appreciate this on their floor racing around.

Also im not building it to give to some poor person, its a chairty because its being donated. Its being built, to again, spark the interest of the xmod world and hopefully keep some enthusism into this hobby.

Plus im bored haha.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:00 AM
Modifier

Send a message via ICQ to Skv012a Send a message via AIM to Skv012a Send a message via Yahoo to Skv012a

K, cool man. Just thought I'd pitch the charity charity idea since there are plenty of custom built and painted toys that rack a big buck when its for a greater good.

By plenty I kinda meant that they're very affordable compared to almost all other, tunable micro and mini RCs.

Lemme know if you want any stickers made for that guy, I have a civic body to size off of, so it shouldn't be a problem. Plus your choice of color is preferable for more neat, clear ones.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:04 AM
SPR

actually i do ill PM ya.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to Shallows

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
3rd, all of us DONT have plenty of xmods.

Plus im bored haha.
Hah You can say that again SPR . Plan on just getting it back to stock or going with a few rs upgrades on it aswell?. Maybe it just depends on what people give you to help if they do.

Peace,
Shallows
Old 12-17-2008, 05:23 AM
SPR

Well i will atleast throw in some suspension and awd. i have 2 NIB kits i can pull off the website of those.

But ill upgrade it as much as money/donations allow.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:40 AM
Modifier

I'd say the only real upgrade it'll need is anti-wheel wobble which is absolutely free and quick. The rest, aside from motor and awd isn't really necessay.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:24 AM
Elite member

i would send you a set of mirrors but i cant send to USA or Canada until new year.
BTW that silver is nice, what is it.

The Monster Mustang - Link

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air - Link

Old 12-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Elite member

car looks decent, another smooth paint job dood :P

ive got a black civic ive been thinking about the last week or so. i might steal your colors from you and make it a brother
Old 12-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

give me a list of all the evo chassis parts you need and your address.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:05 PM

wow this build is moving along nicely im glad i joined this site.

as for the rim color i say red or black but that's only because all the silver honda's i see look good with red wheels

Last edited by bigluelok; 12-17-2008 at 12:19 PM..
Old 12-17-2008, 12:27 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

hey man lookin good, one of my favorite colors...i thought you were on the hunt for those rims, now?...for me i would do them in flat or gloss black but thats the style i like...i m looking for some mirrors, stock b/k, and some chassis pieces for you...keep ur fingers crossed...

Team X.I.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:45 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckerz View Post
i would send you a set of mirrors but i cant send to USA or Canada until new year.
BTW that silver is nice, what is it.
i got a set of mirrors, but thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
give me a list of all the evo chassis parts you need and your address.
everything lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
hey man lookin good, one of my favorite colors...i thought you were on the hunt for those rims, now?...for me i would do them in flat or gloss black but thats the style i like...i m looking for some mirrors, stock b/k, and some chassis pieces for you...keep ur fingers crossed...

ive got like 2 and a half sets of these wheels

i got some mirrors but i need everything else still!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:41 PM
drifter and engineer

Send a message via AIM to XMDrifter

i'm one of those with 1-2 xmods...

well, this seems to be turning out well
when do you expect the next update?