Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 07-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Vette View Post
Im in. ill be getting the windows tinted in a week or so so good timming!
Please tell me your not doing the cheap work that bubbles if your going to do it do it right and get the windows replaced completely and put tinted glass on there...

Just my oppinion but theres nothing worse than seeing those civics and minivans rolling down the street with peeling purple window tint...

I paid 250$ to get the back three windows replaced with a 45% tint on them...
Old 07-29-2008, 10:43 AM

Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to 123Vette Send a message via Yahoo to 123Vette

haha no (i cant aford to get the glass replaced) but im too smart to do it myself. It cost 250$ (for all 5 windows) at a place right down the road. I dont want my car to like a purple turd. But where does one look into geting tinted glass because i didnt kno that was an option....
Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to fordman239

look for customizing shops in ur area. down here, theres a place called mj customs (micheal james) and autosound. i got my ranger done, well, i didnt, the person before me got it done there, and its cheap. look for a customs place.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:24 AM

Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to 123Vette Send a message via Yahoo to 123Vette

btw i kno were horribley off topic but this is my last post about this here

fordman what do you think that place im getting my car done at is? i no where to gon to get it done i just want to kno my options
Old 07-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Vette View Post
btw i kno were horribley off topic but this is my last post about this here

fordman what do you think that place im getting my car done at is? i no where to gon to get it done i just want to kno my options
I dont understand what just went on but i actually got all my windows made at a glass shop (the kind of places that make tinted glass for houses) the guy said hed done a few car windows and knew how to do it, i said i dont know he said ill give you a big discount. So i said sure why not ( we were already buying tinted glass for the windows on our house) he did a great job and i got them installed for next to nothing...

A lot of places like appleauto glass and glass repair shops will probbably know people that can make the glass for you and they will order it and such for you and all you have to do is leave the car with them and they will do it all for you. It will probably come out to quite a bit more than just grabing the roll on tint, but i think it would be worth a look...
Old 07-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

i think spr could put any and all of us to shame with that subbie hes got lol hahahaha but clintr's camaro is really sweet too!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Elite member

what if mine is done i built in the past few years

Quality not Quantity
Old 07-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_racer View Post
i think spr could put any and all of us to shame with that subbie hes got lol hahahaha but clintr's camaro is really sweet too!
Some people here may not like subbie's, even though if everybodylike subbie's it wouldnt put us to shame.

When I get everything fixed up on my Max, I'm going to get the darkest tint that is legal. I need to knowll the tint laws in other states, so that i wouldnt get pulled over. Because that has actually happened before.

I know this dude at a good auto shop/body shop, he says that he's going to give you a deal, but infact he added $50. more to what it should be, even with the labor charges. What I'm trying to say is, look around and compare prices, if you see somebody saying they will give you a deal, and you never say that you have the compared prices of the other shops, then he might add alot of money, when you can get the same kinda tint and good service at a different shop for way cheaper.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:05 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
Some people here may not like subbie's, even though if everybodylike subbie's it wouldnt put us to shame.

When I get everything fixed up on my Max, I'm going to get the darkest tint that is legal. I need to knowll the tint laws in other states, so that i wouldnt get pulled over. Because that has actually happened before.

I know this dude at a good auto shop/body shop, he says that he's going to give you a deal, but infact he added $50. more to what it should be, even with the labor charges. What I'm trying to say is, look around and compare prices, if you see somebody saying they will give you a deal, and you never say that you have the compared prices of the other shops, then he might add alot of money, when you can get the same kinda tint and good service at a different shop for way cheaper.
This seemed like a given, you make sure you know the price then ask for a deal on that price, you dont ask for a deal before he gives you the price otherwise hell give you 10% off of a 20% higher price...

And unless you ahve a black car, 100% doesnt look that good IMO...
Old 07-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
This seemed like a given, you make sure you know the price then ask for a deal on that price, you dont ask for a deal before he gives you the price otherwise hell give you 10% off of a 20% higher price...

Yes it does, well for me and alot of other peoples. I might keep my Maxima the same color, but get it repainted or find a nice candy paint(prolly candy blue). Trust me, everything looks good with candy paint, even if the just came outta the junk yard, full of dents and the wheels are all rusted, just prime the body and spray the candy paint, and there you go, you have the next winner at the "Custom Car" show. I've been around alot of cars that have looked there worst, and turn out the best, just with tint or rims.

Edit: And in alot of states, you cant have a certain type of tint on your windows, unless its a limo.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

I don't know what car shows you go to that dented up pieces of crap are winning shows because of tint or rims or paint.. but they sound pretty crappy.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:17 PM
Elite member

Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

ya lol i would too

Last edited by stang_racer; 07-29-2008 at 11:21 PM..
Old 07-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

That was a figure of speech. I was just making a point. Look at this car (my sisters '74 Olds Cutlass, she sold it a long time ago)

It didnt really have any dent, but the under some of the paint, it had rust and such, and under the body it had alot of rust. My sister had a boyfriend, and thats how she got the car, it looked exactly like that how she got it, she didnt pay for it, he owed her money, and thats how he repayed her, with a car the had a **** load of rust. The interior was good though. She sold it a long time ago for like $15,000 or somewhere around there.

Edit: Deleted picutres, because they were just an example of what I was saying.

Last edited by snowboi1289; 07-30-2008 at 12:40 AM..
Old 07-29-2008, 11:36 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
imo, some cars look best without tint.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 07-30-2008, 12:16 AM
Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
My sister had a boyfriend, and thats how she got the car, it looked exactly like that how she got it, she didnt pay for it, he owed her money, and thats how he repayed her, with a car the had a **** load of rust. .
I wouldn't complain about the rust as much as the wheels. There isn't as much he could have done about the rust, but he chose to put those god-awful wheels on there.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:39 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

They costed him alot of money, It looks good, a lil' upclose in person. The it needed a new sway bar, and a bunch of other stuff.

I'm deleting the picutures in post #53, because it was just an example, I wasnt braging or what ever.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:08 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_racer View Post

subies sold homie!

besides it wouldnt put anyone to shame, its just a car... thats basically stock, its got some minor bolt on upgrades, and thats about it. nothing special.

But i think this is a rad idea. im about to pick up a new project and start on it sometime in august.

but im curious if it would be possible to enter 2 cars? cuz i have 2 im going to work on none stop for the next year probably. one being a 67 camaro, and another a subbie project.

as for judging to make it fair between one car brand to the next... i think this is how you should do it. you'll need to have 2 different polls. and ill explain everything very detailed, as to why i think this is the best possible rout. so let me know what you think.

First every contestant needs their own build thread. they need it to be as detailed as possible. lots of pictures, and really show off the entire build. as this is what helps aid your chances of winning.

In the first poll, it needs to be judged by mods ONLY. or a select choosen few that really know there cars inside and out and know how to judge a car and what to look for..
Cars need to be judged on ammount and QUALITY of work. NOT how much money was spent, not name brand bolt on wonderboy parts vs pep boy ricer parts, not zip tied and duct taped parts vs riveted and bolted on parts, not someones taste in looks over anothers, not if its finished or not, or anything else. strictly the ammount of work they got done in that year and how far they got, and the quality of the work.

Example: say you have someone like me, had a pretty bad *** sti, going up against someone who has a stock honda civic. in the next year ill might do one or 2 tiny little things to my car. like maybe new wheels and coilovers and that woulda been it. and that civic might do a bunch of stuff like a body kit, paint, wheels, tint, head lights tail lights, tons of stuff. but a lot of people would probably choose the sti over the civic because of personal taste. even tho the civic deserved to win more. cuz he participated more in the build off, and actually built his car. so you need to limit the first contest to mods who can concentrate on the Build and work done.

Then the mods need to pick say 10 winners. (depending on how many enter. but either way you need to eliminate at least half of them)
out of those 10 winners, everyone on the forum can vote for the build they like the best. and it will be strictly judge on forum members preference. whatever one they think is the coolest build, well gets the vote. and you'll have your final winner. but that way it would eliminate cars like my sti from even being in the main competition for voting. cars that shouldnt be in there at all.

hope that makes sense to everyone. and heres a few rules that really need to be put into the final thread.

Mods and work done previous to the starting date can NOT be judged! (so if your working on a project now, i suggest you take a break, and save money, so you can do that much more during the competition)

on the starting day of the competition everyone needs to post atleast 8 Before pictures of the car for it to count in the competitoin. they need atleast 4 out side (front, back, both sides) and 3 insides (driver side, passenger, and rear) nothing done in those pictures can count in the competition.

then there is a good solid base line to see where your starting. and then feel free to go wild from there.

and no dead line for entering your project untill voting is ready to go. if someone doesnt want to start untill april and work their butt of and give i there best shot for august. by all means let them.

thats my .04 cents. (inflation ya know lol) ive had competitions similar to this before on other forums, and rules similar to this have worked quite well in the past. i think it would be an awesome idea for this too. hope to see this soon! ill stick around for it for sure!

Last edited by SPR; 07-30-2008 at 03:38 AM..
Old 07-30-2008, 03:14 AM
SPR

Quote:

you realise 100% tint is no tint at all?

tinting is scaled on how much light it lets threw the window. 5% tint is he darkest tint you can possibly buy. it only lets 5% of light threw. the higher the perfectage the lighter the tint, because it lets in more light. so 100% is letting 100% of the light threw, aka no tint.

Just and FYI.

Quote:
Please tell me your not doing the cheap work that bubbles if your going to do it do it right and get the windows replaced completely and put tinted glass on there...

Just my oppinion but theres nothing worse than seeing those civics and minivans rolling down the street with peeling purple window tint...

I paid 250$ to get the back three windows replaced with a 45% tint on them...

you got brand new glass that has been tinted and installed for 250? BS. glass is NOT that cheap. i bet you 100 bucks you have film on your windows. thats how 99% of windows are tinted. the only difference between ones that bubble and ones that dont, is quality professional grade materials done by a professional who knows the proper way to do it, vs the walmart **** stuff done by some noob who doesnt even know he is suppose to clean his windows with a razor blade. 200-250 bucks is about average to get your windows tinted with film by a professional. but to actually buy glazed tinted glass, you'd be lucky to get one side window done for that much.

there is nothing wrong with film, and most professional shops offer a life time warranty on it from bubbling or pealing.

Last edited by SPR; 07-30-2008 at 03:26 AM..
Old 07-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

This isn't an official thread, just a brain storming thread. Someone PM'd it to us a while back and we were thinkin' about it..

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 07-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Elite member

can i post a picture of my truck?

Quality not Quantity