Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)
Default Toyota 4Runner project

A while back i bought one of the commonly seen toyota 4runner models and finally got it finished but i noticed everyone i have seen on here was lifted so i decided to go a different way so mine is slammed but i didn't paint it because i wanted it white and was afraid to mess it up so i left it. and it is sitting on a car chassis so its lower and the wheel spacing was better than a truck chasis. But here is the pictures...

Its not completely finished i need to touch up on some areas like the hot glue around the wheel wells and the back window but that will be done later. So tell me what you think.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 04-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Freedom Provider

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to XmodzICON82

i like it...it looks different....but yeah you can see the glue in one of the pics....but can't wait to see it done....
Old 04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
SPR

that generation of 4runner is just a big no no for slamming. it needs a major lift.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Surgeon

It looks cool, but is missing something...

The back is a little to low. Bigger wheels or tires would be a plus, because you need to fill those wheel-wells. To me it looks more like a starting point than a finishing point. Maybe a pin stripe or two-tone or something.

@SPR, I've seen a few slammed and they look cool, the old Yotas make for great lowriders.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:13 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
It looks cool, but is missing something...
@SPR, I've seen a few slammed and they look cool, the old Yotas make for great lowriders.
yuck... runners just dont go low. the pickups... ehh they look alright, seen some decent looking ones. but not the 4runners. not this generation anyway.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
yuck... runners just dont go low. the pickups... ehh they look alright, seen some decent looking ones. but not the 4runners. not this generation anyway.
To each his own. I like slammed toyota trucks...

Old 04-26-2008, 04:06 PM
SPR

see the first 2 u posted are different though, its a tacoma, and a newer gen 4runner. and the 4runner is photoshopped to hell its not even real lol. but i love tacos slammed.

but the other 2 4runners you posted, yuck, cant stand em, but the toyota pickup, looks good.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
see the first 2 u posted are different though, its a tacoma, and a newer gen 4runner. and the 4runner is photoshopped to hell its not even real lol. but i love tacos slammed.

but the other 2 4runners you posted, yuck, cant stand em, but the toyota pickup, looks good.

You said toyota trucks in general... so I posted up some of the other models. I don't generally like them that low... but c'est la vie that is the pictures I found. The airbrushed taco is sweet...
Old 04-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

No offence,but 4runners suck when there slammed!!!
I'm not into slammed trucks,but slammed cars are ok.
4runners are very good trail trucks,and mudd boggers,also good for everyday offroading,but never good when slammed.

SPR,I'm going with you,your right on some pickups,but only some...
Old 04-26-2008, 09:33 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
You said toyota trucks in general... so I posted up some of the other models. I don't generally like them that low... but c'est la vie that is the pictures I found. The airbrushed taco is sweet...
no actually i said this generation 4runner, refeering to the 2nd generation 4runnesr.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

your into what you like we're into dropped trucks. Don't like it then don't post unless it had do with build quality
Old 04-28-2008, 11:31 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
no actually i said this generation 4runner, refeering to the 2nd generation 4runnesr.
Quote:
I thought you meant the pickups only looked alright, so I included some that looked pretty boss. I've seen better, but only the over-the-top ones make the sites I guess....

Any truck can look good in any style if it is done right.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:58 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by okoye View Post
your into what you like we're into dropped trucks. Don't like it then don't post unless it had do with build quality
Spam!!!!
And it does effect the build quality,even though some will not like it,people can still give him good idea's for mods.

Are you going to make a small skid plate so if for which you drive it while its low,you dont scratch the skirts or the bumpers ??
Old 04-29-2008, 02:27 AM
SPR

and before u get it twisted, im very into the mini truck scene, ive built several mini trucks, body dropping is second nature to me. but the 2nd gen 4runners i just dont believe belong on the ground. they need to be jacked up like mine was sitting on 42" iroks haha.