Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-23-2007, 01:57 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFTKO View Post
I agree, I thought the electronics on the evo were far superior to those of the gen.1, I have heard that for a long time now, and now folks are saying that they are not worth a ****, what is the deal here?

yeah ...alot of places sell motors saying you dont need a fet upgrade to use with the evos but need at least a 2x2 for gen 1.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:58 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

I personally think the gen1s are easier to work with...but then again...I usually mess around with my gen1s more. The evo chasis is better in that when it's put together it doesn't feel as fragile, however; imo it's harder to install upgrades on the evos than the gen1s.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:58 AM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
If the suspension is so 'bad', why is it that the Mini-Z suspension setups are like that? And that's not something to say to Kyosho, because they do their homework. They've designed consecutive world championship winning chassis' and are among the best in fit+finish, as well as performance.

Becuase the kyosho suspension is set up like the Front end of the Gen1. Go look at one.... Kyosho is quality, propo, and so on...
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 02-23-2007, 08:14 AM
Elite member

hey all, they both have thier pros and cons no doubt.

but i have to give it to evo (out of the box without a tight turn mod) for allowing me to turn the car.. lol!
Old 02-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to Nissanshift350

personally the gen 1's break to easy, i have like 6 gen1's an i never drive them cause i hate them so bad. i love the evos they are the best for handeling and i love how the gear box is all closed so its harder for stuff to get in the gears. and when i work on the evo i dont have to worry about any wires coming undone. the gen1 is just a beginner car it is more simple and easier to work on and the evo is more challenging.

Last edited by Nissanshift350; 02-24-2007 at 04:57 PM..
Old 02-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Stage 1 member

Gen 1s because the chassis is more open so u can "tinker" with it more!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Elite member

people dont express your opinion based on just one thing "o the OOB performance is better" or "o the evos look more real"

in my opinion its just a personal preference, theres no clear winner, so whoever likes evo votes for evo and who ever likes gen1 votes for them.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Becuase the kyosho suspension is set up like the Front end of the Gen1. Go look at one.... Kyosho is quality, propo, and so on...
Excuse me sir, but this is a photo of Kyosho's MR-01 chassis' front end. its very similar to Kyosho's MA-010 except this one is RWD while the MA is 4WD.

For the MR-01, the front suspension resides this way, so no camber changes throughout the whole stroke. Same with the front of the MA-010. The MR has an H-Plate flex mono-shock rear suspension. The MA has a suspension very much the same as the front end. No camber changes throughout the stroke, whatsoever. The rear suspension is also very similar. No camber changes.

Last edited by REDisFASTER; 02-23-2007 at 08:13 PM..
Old 02-24-2007, 04:26 PM

You CAN fit some Evo bodies to a Gen 1 chassis, it has been done, so that argument is void, sorry. As for "rarity" of Gen 1 cars...ever thought of buying one from UK?, as at present that's what we have in the shops. Any Evo's have to be imported over here. There are quite a few suppliers in the UK with large stocks of Gen 1 starter kits AND accessories. The starter kits run at around 30 -39 UK pounds. Obviously there's postage on top.
In my humble opinion, Gen 1 cars have some awesome looking shells, but apart from the stunningly beautiful Mitsubishi Evolution shell (that I soooooooooooo want!!), the rest of the Evo range is somewhat "limited"?
Old 02-24-2007, 05:00 PM

Default please

hi i have two gen 1 and i had an evo but i got rid of it becuse it was 2 fragile my gen1 is mean it feels solid and spanks all my evo freinds i have about $100 in mines and it is a little beast compeared to my frend who has spent hundreds on replacing parts and labor to make his keep up with mine so in conclusion gen 1 are sooooooooooooo much better
IMG]http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/kase1233/_entry/8a38a9d010f4d7fd0110f544e31d0d3b/ps/ENTRY/EDITENTRY?foneblog=1172354367671[/IMG]