Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2010, 10:37 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)
Default my new cheap 2.4ghz radio for my pede(and brushless micro-DT)

I picked up this radio from hobby partz
I know you can get it at hobby king for cheaper but, this one arrived at my door in less than a week plus shipping was only $4.99.

It's basically a re-branded venom TX/RX and it includes the adapter to control the VRC (virtuall RC racing game)

The RX is quite small but I neglected to take a pic before installing it in my waterproof RX box of my stampede.
I have a few more RX's on order and I'll take a pic when they arrive.

This TX doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" of the more expensive TX's but you can't beat it for the price, plus extra RX's are dirt cheap.
The range of this radio is so much farther than the 75mhz FM unit I was using before so I can live without the multiple model memory and the E.P.A.
I didn't even have enough space to test the range of it in my stampede but it was far enough that I couldn't tell which way the truck was facing, and I could barely see it.
I'll be getting additional RX's for my micro-T(it's actually smaller than the losi AM unit) , and my RC18.
This is definitely worth the $30 I paid for it but I might even try this multi memory TX since it uses the same RX's and I'll use this radio for my son's cars since he's not too good with the long antennas.

I downloaded the free VRC game. I haven't used it too much yet but it seems OK so far.

The best part of this is not having to replace broken or bent antenna tubes, antenna tubes are ugly anyways.

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.