Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 06-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Fo sho

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 07-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Yesterday, was a good day. I found the 'toy store' of 60-87 Chevy trucks. Outback truck parts in Spring Fuggin, every part needed, and killer prices. So for $120 we got 2 headlight bucket adjustment plates (hard as hell to find), glove box, new hindge and spring (badly needed a right one, youll see), headlight hardware, and then trim clips and a center A/C vent. Some stuff is for later, but you couldnt beat the price at the place...

anyhoo, new hood hindge:

See anything wrong with that one?

So new hindge and spring

Before:

After

Closes flush now! Before, any time you opened it, the hindge bent more and more. To the point where the hood closed and you had a near 2 inch gap at the cowl.

And with the trim clips the rear tail light trim I got for my bday can be used.

The engine will be here soon, when ever we can get into my dads storage center and bring home the engine stand.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 07-01-2007 at 09:11 PM..
Old 10-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

A bit of an update, body work and leak proofing will begin the weekend after this one.

But, finally, located a running engine and transmission combo. Not just any, but identicle to what my truck had originally, and why is this? Its out of a 70s C10 by coincidence.

http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/431094895.html

I havent found a better deal at 750 for a solid engine and transmission. Gonna go for it Im 80% sure

The reason Im going for this, is the other engine option is unknown how it runs. Still would need an ECU, wiring, alternator, etc. This is complete, running, and with a trans. And would be **** simple to drop in and get moving, thanks to good ol' carburation

Old 10-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Carbs are for pussies!
Reall men use the amazing tuning options of an ECU, becuase we're not to lazy to let a stupid computer do it!

It's still a chevy.

EDIT: Guess I'm too used to the Scalers at R7R, but that needs some taller tires.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 10-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Carbs are for pussies!
Uhm, so your like double ***** for having dual carbs on the honda then?

Old 10-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Uhm, so your like double ***** for having dual carbs on the honda then?
Actually, the carbs (double *****) ere leaking Gas, so the place was getting so wet and sticky, so we had to take them off..

Well, he took them off becuase it leaked gas, didn't clear the hood, didn't have a air filter (an oval shape that size is HARD to find parts for. Local Honda dealer didn't have it either. LOL!), and he didn't feel like tuning it, considering it was set to a Japanese Climate on a modded Civic, not Hot and Stick Florida...

Talk about a wierd reply...

Remember. You're truck is still a Chevy.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 10-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

A 350? Skip it and stuff in a 454! BWUAHAHA!!! j/k

Looking good!

I'm personally looking into getting my own project car this friday. It runs, but it needs body work and a transmission swap (auto-poo to manual, since the auto already leaks, may as well do the swap when the tranny gets out).

Hurry up and get that engine in there! I wanna hear that 350 rumble!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (2)

That grill looks like its off of a 70. I drove a yellow truck just like that when I was just starting to drive, but it was a pos! You guys in those western states get all the good stuff! I am from PA and trucks like that are all rotten.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

(for sweed) Lol, indeed a wierd reply

Remember, you drive a Honda that leaks gas and idiot mechanics that cant tune it.

And also remember, some folks put small block Chevy V8s into Hondas, not the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250 View Post
That grill looks like its off of a 70. I drove a yellow truck just like that when I was just starting to drive, but it was a pos! You guys in those western states get all the good stuff! I am from PA and trucks like that are all rotten.
Western? Man Im in the deep south But I am pretty lucky that the rust damage is minimal, just in the cowl vent area, passenger a-pillar, and the rockers, but those will be fixed for another time, while the cowl/a-pillar will be fixed in coming weekends to stop the water leaks in the cab

67-68

69-70 is my truck, so yes you are correct that the grille is the same on the 70, good job.

71-72

Quote:
A 350? Skip it and stuff in a 454! BWUAHAHA!!! j/k

Looking good!

I'm personally looking into getting my own project car this friday. It runs, but it needs body work and a transmission swap (auto-poo to manual, since the auto already leaks, may as well do the swap when the tranny gets out).

Hurry up and get that engine in there! I wanna hear that 350 rumble!

If I had the money for a 454, I would. But for 750, you will have a hard time beating that. Were seriously considering it right now, on the verge of getting it.

Project car eh? What kind?

(excuse the double post, but XMS wont load the edit button half the time)

Last edited by DRFTKO; 10-03-2007 at 09:48 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 10-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
67-68
I want THAT! Except in dark green (I don't know, I just love C10s in dark green). My dream truck is a '67 C10 stepside. No short-box here, I want the long rear end

Anyway, I'm looking into a 1992 Nissan Stanza SE (top of the line, about 1000 in North America, base. There's countless XE, and GXEs around, but SEs are scarce).

Its already got 4-wheel discs, so it makes it easy on me. My old Stanz had rear drums.

For the time being, I'm planning on fixing up the rust, fixing the tranny leak, then eventually when I have time where I don't have to drive, I'm going JDM and stuffing a JDM U12 Attesa power train on the beast! 4WD!

It'll be about a few months for the power train swap though, since extensive mods have to be done to the fuel tank to clear the exhaust and the drive shaft and sub-frame pieces.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:51 AM
Elite member

I had a 68 C10 short bed mild custom, it was GM's Big League Blue, it was super nice when I bought it for $6,800 bucks, then I drove the crap out of it and couldn't affoard the upkeep, it was my daily driver, stupid state made me cut the rolled pan to put a bumper on the back, that sucked. I sold it for $4,000 with 65K on it since the restore, it was a good thing too, a little after that, Katrina happened and I would have been screwed, $3.20 per gallon at 8-10 miles per gallon, no way, it was a 350 with a turbo 400 auto tranny and positraction rear end, impala chasis front end , I wish I had some pics of it, but that was before I had a digital camera. It was a sweet truck. One day, hopefully I can get another one.

I guess you've got your LMC Truck catalogue ready to go?

My truck looked exactly like this only with a chrome bumper and different wheels and it had the block letter trim C H E V R O L E T along the front of the hood, so picture it with out the white shell and that was my truck, dang, now I miss it. The guy I bought it from started out asking $10K but nobody was buying so by the time I found him he was down to $8K and then I talked him down to $6,800, he needed the money to pay for the Land Rover he just bought. Not nearly as cool as the truck he built.

If anyone finds a picture of one like this in this color but a truck, please tell me where or post it.

Last edited by RallyWRX; 10-05-2007 at 10:39 AM..
Old 10-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Stage 1 member

I still can't believe how good a shape the body and paint are in.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyWRX View Post
I had a 68 C10 short bed mild custom, it was GM's Big League Blue, it was super nice when I bought it for $6,800 bucks, then I drove the crap out of it and couldn't affoard the upkeep, it was my daily driver, stupid state made me cut the rolled pan to put a bumper on the back, that sucked. I sold it for $4,000 with 65K on it since the restore, it was a good thing too, a little after that, Katrina happened and I would have been screwed, $3.20 per gallon at 8-10 miles per gallon, no way, it was a 350 with a turbo 400 auto tranny and positraction rear end, impala chasis front end , I wish I had some pics of it, but that was before I had a digital camera. It was a sweet truck. One day, hopefully I can get another one.

I guess you've got your LMC Truck catalogue ready to go?

My truck looked exactly like this only with a chrome bumper and different wheels and it had the block letter trim C H E V R O L E T along the front of the hood, so picture it with out the white shell and that was my truck, dang, now I miss it. The guy I bought it from started out asking $10K but nobody was buying so buy the time I found him he was down to $8K and then I talked him down to $6,800, he needed the money to pay for the Land Rover he just bought. Not nearly as cool as the truck he built.

If anyone finds a picture of one like this in this color but a truck, please tell me where or post it.

Sounds like it was an awesome tuck. Despite the gas mileage problem, I bet its one of those "never should have sold it" moments. Plus the TH400, industructable. My tech teacher was telling how back in the day he worked at a truck shop for dump trucks and other medium-heavy duty trucks, and how often times they would pull twisted drive shafts and messed up rear axles before the TH400 even broke a sweat. My truck (1st page has its option list) is an original TH350. Turbo Hyrdomatics FTW

That is a 69-72 Blazer with the 67-68 nose.

Here is the closest I can find: http://marpo3.deviantart.com/art/The-Blue-C-10-65868417 Mark is one of my favorite automotive photographers, so check him out.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:39 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

anyhoo, new hood hindge:

See anything wrong with that one?

So new hindge and spring

my sisters cutlass was almost like that,we just thought is was just to old,and wore out,when we seen that it started to bend more and more we got a new hinge(no spring)for it the hinge that was on it wouldnt come off so it wouldnt close at all..

EDIThh can u post pics of the engine ??

Last edited by snowboi1289; 10-04-2007 at 09:41 PM..
Old 10-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Mhm, bound to happen when one the bolts let loose, the spring just begins ruining the hindge. Where I got this, the spring came seperate with the hindge, but for cheap. And no, were not gonna try popping off one of these high-tension sprigs lol.

OHHH Jeez, for the lazy who wont click the link:

Will possibly check it out this weekend

Old 10-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Elite member

yeah, the guy I sold it too was soo happy, he was like freaking out, he took the money from his retirement fund to pay for it, probably not a good idea, but yeah, he said he had done a drawing of the exact truck. I wish I still had it, but it would just be getting beat on even more, since I still don't have the money it would take to keep it nice.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Keep your eyes peeled man, theirs always deals to be found. Craigslist is a good place to start. I see a few C10s pop up every now and then, running, for a good price

Old 10-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (20)

man with all these chevys I should get my grandpas old ford F250 thats out in the weeds and build it back to new with parts from work and ford racing.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

SOME ONE STOLE MY GRILLE!!

I lied. Took it off today to start some work on it, and shine it up a bit My dad and I started hammering out the dents and dings. Sometime in its life, someone thought it would be a good idea to pop a dent out with a frikin spike, so we've had to hammer out lots of little dings. Also getting it straight, if you notice on the passenger side head light cut out, its pushed out some, and the very bottom left corner is dented up. Must have hit a Civic or something, its barely fazed.

Pics later when its lit out. But so you can just get an idea of how large/wide this truck is...

Im 5' 11". And the grille alone is taller than me

Still waiting for the guy to call us back about the V8

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-07-2007 at 12:47 AM..
Old 10-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

yes yes yes yes yes!!!

Drove out to check out the motor today. Its great, such an insane deal. Rebuilt a few years ago, and the transmission too. The block is just dirty, but its in great shape. Not leaking oil anywhere, no sludge in the motor, etc.

Buying it tomorrow, picking it up next weekend!

The guy we met is a friend of the seller, real cool guy. They have a badass little shop behind this guys house. Inside was a 40s buick. 3 1st gen Camaros (pics of 2) and a Model T

This is one of the Camaros, its a '67 (68? I know its not a '69 by the tail lights) with a 396 stroker V8, one of their racing engines.

'69 Camaro with a 383 Stroker, detuned race motor.

The model T

As well as their 800hp dirt modified car, which the video is coming soon for that bad boy.

These guys make most their money on building race engines, and restorations. I didnt get a pic of the 3rd Camaro, buick, or '53 Chevy pick up.

So excited.

On a side note, check out the big block C10 I saw yesterday. Talked to the owner as well, its cool meetin other 67-72 drivers.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-07-2007 at 07:49 PM..